Collapse

This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• I am liking James Patterson's books at the moment Flo. I've only just started reading his book, I am reading women's murder club series.

I am myself going to go and get into bed and read for a bit. Got to be up early for work in the morning.

Night!
    Carrie

Comment

• Night Carrie!

The sun has obviously gone to Lumpys place Bren...can't you share Lumpy?
      sigpic

Comment

• Eeeeeeeevening all! I took the sunshine down to London with me today, so sorry about that, all! Only got back just after 11pm. Normally I am back about 9pm, but I was just drinking up having had a beer after work before the train home with a colleague and chum of 15-odd years standing when he blurted out, 'I've called a help line, you know. I'm seeing a counsellor.' Well, you can't just say, 'gotta catch a train, see ya!' after that, can you?

Next hurdle was at New St Station - they are undergoing an enormous refit - and I couldn't get to the right platform with the various closures and diversions before the local train left, and I had to wait 20mins for the next one. Could have been worse, I guess.

Domino cat is not talking to me, although I did arrange for him to have his tea, despite me not being here.

Comment

• We were in Birmingham New Street at the weekend. Lift only down to the platform and like the nice polite people we Brits are we all stood in line waiting our turn. Lift door opens and the girl in front of us makes to enter when out of nowhere comes this female with a pushchair, wheels it over the girls foot and enters the lift! The girl was so shocked she couldn't say anything...enter the mad Scots woman...! After a little exchange of words lift door closes and we are all left bemused, everyone looking at each other as if to say, did that really happen. Some people have the manners of a warthog which sometimes makes those of us who are usually the shy retiring type erupt!
          sigpic

Comment

• Originally posted by Jay22 View Post
            Some people have the manners of a warthog which sometimes makes those of us who are usually the shy retiring type erupt!
            Funny what sets us normally shy retiring types off . For me, it is anyone driving up our one way street the wrong way - I have been known to run out of my front door and wave my arms about and jump out in the middle of the road - NO, NO, NO - IT'S ONE WAY - with great gesticulations.

Apparently Lisa Tarbuck (who I don't otherwise particularly warm to) is exactly the same if she sees someone dropping litter. Actually - I confront litterbugs too. (see rant thread from a month or two back).

Comment

• Mornin all!

Just been down to look at my two new doors...yup, they're still there and looking as fantastic as yesterday!
              ...and my kitchen is looking so much brighter even in the early morning light!

Worth every penny!

What a happy way to start a day

Anyone got exciting plans for the BH weekend?
              "Nicos, Queen of Gooooogle" and... GYO's own Miss Marple

Location....Normandy France

Comment

• Morning Nicos and all, cloudy but warm here. Another charity shop shift today.
                It looks like we will be Billy no mates this Bank Holiday. Our daughter is going to someone on her partners side , they always seem to have a 'do' every Bank Hiliday lol. We have no chance of their company. Having said that, it's half term next week and we are the babysitters.......
                The above was not really a rant, I'm just happy when they are.
                Have a great day everyone, and if anybody has plans, hope they go well
                Nannys make memories

Comment

• Originally posted by Nicos View Post

Anyone got exciting plans for the BH weekend?

Morning

No real plans here we'll probably wait to see what the weathers like then decide.
                  Location....East Midlands.

Comment

• Morning all. Just had a light shower of rain but seems to of blown over now.
                    I am running everyone about this weekend. My sister is coming up tomorrow. Am quite looking forward to seeing her. Last time she came up she basically got off the train and said "I feel poorly I am going straight home". Going to show her the allotment she hasn't seen it really this year every time she comes up it is usually chucking it down.
                    Kids are going to grandma and granddads so dropping them off sunday and then picking them up Monday.
                    OH is at work all weekend. So going backwards and forwards with him.
                    Do intend to get some allotment time in. The buttercups are fighting back with re enforcements. Also have a new neighbour at the allotment so want to meet him and introduce myself.
                    Have a good day everyone
                    sigpic

Comment

• Buttercups?...yeh...it's the year of the buttercup here too!
                      Absolutely everywhere!
                      Last year was the year of the dandelion for us
                      "Nicos, Queen of Gooooogle" and... GYO's own Miss Marple

Location....Normandy France

Comment

• Morning all, just had my wake up coffees, gonna nip down to the kites & experiment with some large margarine tubs & capillary matting......................catchya later.
                        sigpic“Gorillas are very intelligent, but they don't have to be as delicate as chimps -- they can just smash open the termite nest,”
                        --------------------------------------------------------------------
                        Official Member Of The Nutters Club - Rwanda Branch.
                        -------------------------------------------------------------------
                        Sent from my ZX Spectrum with no predictive text..........
                        -----------------------------------------------------------
                        KOYS - King Of Yellow Stickers..............

Comment

• Evening All. Lots of housework done in preparation for lots of gardening over the weekend. Chester may be going home tomorrow if they can find somewhere for him to sleep! Oh and Happy Friday BTW!
                          Granny on the Game in Sheffield

Comment

• Gooooooooood Eeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeevenin' Peeps! Missed me?
                            All the best - Glutton 4 Punishment
                            Freelance shrub butcher and weed removal operative.

Comment

• Yes where have you been,hope your well,wondered where you shot of to
                              Last edited by lottie dolly; 22-05-2015, 08:49 PM.
                              sigpicAnother nutter ,wife,mother, nan and nanan,love my growing places,seed collection and sharing,also one of these

Comment

• Originally posted by Glutton4... View Post
                                Gooooooooood Eeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeevenin' Peeps! Missed me?
                                Welcome back - have you brought CAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAKE?

Comment

Latest Topics

Collapse

Recent Blog Posts

Collapse
                                Working...
                                X