Collapse

This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• I am logging off here for a while. Got my friend coming over for a few drinks tonight. All though I've already nearly gone threw a bottle of wine before she has even got here lol. May need go to the shop lol
    Carrie

Comment

• Ouch Carrie
      "Nicos, Queen of Gooooogle" and... GYO's own Miss Marple

Location....Normandy France

Comment

• Originally posted by cariann88 View Post
        I am logging off here for a while. Got my friend coming over for a few drinks tonight. All though I've already nearly gone threw a bottle of wine before she has even got here lol. May need go to the shop lol
        Don't forget the hangover tablets, Carrie
        Today's drizzle drove me out to buy plants, incredibly cheap plants! Now I'm pondering where to put 6 hanging baskets of tomatoes I think there are about 5 plants in each basket - bargain at £1 each. I even splashed out on 3 x £1.50 baskets which are the nice wicker ones.
        If I could rely on buying cheap plants at this time of year, I'd give up on trying to grow from seed - and struggling to give them enough warmth and light. I'd miss the challenge though
        Hope you're all having a good evening

Comment

• yes thanks- lovely evening!

Spinach and tomato pasta followed by STRAWBERRIES!!!!!! ...lots of them!!!!

Comment

• Yes, brilliant! BBQ in the rain! I may have indulged in one too many glasses of fizz tho) fingers crossed no hangover in the morning

Comment

• Morning all. Finally stopped raining here. Got nothing planned so far today but do have a few plants that need potting on so might get that done.
              Have a good day everyone
              sigpic

Comment

• Morning well it looks like yesterdays down-pores done the garden good plus all my butts are full and as a bonus we've got sunshine today.
                Location....East Midlands.

Comment

• Mornin all!

Went into the kitchen this morning and it smells of strawberries!
                  Mmmmmmm.....

Comment

• Good morning

Raining here today. No hangover and have a very long lie in

I let my friend cut my hair last night (after a few drinks) She is no hairdresser. She seen a video on you tube a way to cut your own hair. Safe to say it turned out okay. But it feels miles better since I've had it chopped!

Thinks people do after a few drinks haha
                    Carrie

Comment

• That was very brave of you Carrie...thank goodness it turned out ok!

Morning all, dull and chilly here this morning with the odd shower. OH worked too late yesterday so we didn't get to go shopping for tiles and time is fast running out as the kitchen starts in two weeks!

Have a great day all!
                      sigpic

Comment

• Just back from Gardener's World Live at the NEC. My first time. It was great, but I think I am "planted out". So much to see and remember. Very entertaining and informative talk from Toby Buckland too; he has gone up in my estimation. And I was able to buy some winter savory, so hopefully the Jerusalem *artichokes will lose their windy powers this autumn. And I bought a some beautiful sea holly plants. No BM, they were not especially cheap, but they are lovely. Now I know what it is like I can make a much better plan of action for next year!!

Comment

• Sounds like you had a good time Susie

I use winter savory when I cook my JA's and I'm not sure if it worked it magic or my body has just got used to eating JA's.
                          Location....East Midlands.

Comment

• Interesting. I have a favourite recipe that requires winter savoury and I've never been able to find it either in a supermarket or a garden centre. I've used a smidgen of thyme instead.
                            "I prefer rogues to imbeciles as they sometimes take a rest" (Alexander Dumas)
                            "It is neccessary to have wished for death in order to know how good it is to live" (also Alexandre Dumas)
                            Oxfordshire

Comment

• Good morning, sun is out here and I am up and dressed already.

Coffee anyone?
                              Carrie

Comment

• Mornin all

Thanks Carrie- but I have a couple of mugs of tea on the go!

Just listening to a wood pigeon( probably eyeing up me brassicas we planted out yesterday)

More weeding today. Seems to be taking for ever but I can't do more than a couple of hours at a time before my foot, back and wrists decide enough is enough.

At least the soil is still nice and damp and it's a very productive couple of hours!

(Tis never easy weeding when you're right next to a field and wood which are allowed to go to flower and go to seed!)
                                And nope...don't anyone mention thistles!
                                This year is mostly the year of the thistle and buttercup

Comment

Latest Topics

Collapse

Recent Blog Posts

Collapse
                                Working...
                                X