Collapse

This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Same here ...I could get used to this! ( particularly if we have one day of rain and 6 of sun/ warmth! )
    "Nicos, Queen of Gooooogle" and... GYO's own Miss Marple

Location....Normandy France

Comment

• Morning awl

Bit of tidying the raised beds to get done this morning & then a dash for the south coast via a pub in Tintern for the best steak & ale pie in Wales
      He who smiles in the face of adversity,has already decided who to blame

Artificial intelligence is no match for natural stupidity

Comment

• Originally posted by Bren In Pots View Post

NVG let some of your radish go to seed I think the pods taste nicer than the actual radishes themselves, give it a go.
        Thanks for that tip Bren. How do you use the pods? Any good in stir fries?
        sigpic

Comment

• Morning all! Lovely and sunny again here, although my hangover spoils it a little bit. Maybe I'll have a fry-up for brunch, that'll probably fix it.

Radish pods are lovely raw in salads. I haven't tried stir-frying but they would probably lose that fresh crunchiness.

Back to the watering regime today, I think. I didn't get down the allotment yesterday, the compost heaps took me all afternoon to sort out and then I had to go drinking obviously. I've got 180 litres of riddled garden compost to ship down there, after that I ran out of bags and spread the rest under and around plants in the back garden. I now have one full compost bin cooking and one almost empty. I'll do it all again in the winter.
          My gardening blog: In Spades, last update 30th April 2018.
          Chrysanthemum notes page here.

Comment

• I have only just woken up ! (Hangs head in shame) I am now all out of synch with my day. Only woke up as I was hot and coming downstairs and into the garden confirmed it. Best have that shower and try to catch up if I want to get to the allotment later.

Comment

• Originally posted by Martin H View Post
              Radish pods are lovely raw in salads. I haven't tried stir-frying but they would probably lose that fresh crunchiness.
              We've had them in stir-fries and they're fine but most of mine get eaten in the garden.

We've been out on the motorbike and I made the mistake of not taking out my jacket lining so it was a bit hot. well roasting really.
              Location....East Midlands.

Comment

• Good morning.
                I am shattered. Don't feel like I've slept even tho I ended up going sleep early last night.
                Not sure what the weather is like, not looked threw the curtains yet. First I shall make a brew.

Coffee anyone?
                Carrie

Comment

• Originally posted by cariann88 View Post
                  Good morning.
                  I am shattered. Don't feel like I've slept even tho I ended up going sleep early last night.
                  Not sure what the weather is like, not looked threw the curtains yet. First I shall make a brew.

Coffee anyone?
                  Morning Carrie!

Go back to bed! Just sitting in the kitchen and as Im reading this, I can hear the first drops of rain hitting my conservatory roof...

hopefully it won't last all day.

coffee?

why not?

Comment

• Weathers not doing anything here. Good morning by the way. I'll skip the coffee 'til later, I'll have tea thanks.
                    "I prefer rogues to imbeciles as they sometimes take a rest" (Alexander Dumas)
                    "It is neccessary to have wished for death in order to know how good it is to live" (also Alexandre Dumas)
                    Oxfordshire

Comment

• I've just had tea Carrie, thanks. Sat in the garden with hubby and visiting Son. Bet the neighbours loved us at 7 am.
                      Weather doesn't look all that yet, but there us a promise of sunny weather later.
                      Off to the charity shop this morning, looking forward to that
                      Picking the last ish of the strawberries later, might freeze a few more.
                      Have a great day folks
                      Oh, I do have a couple of tiny tomatoes coming -yay
                      Nannys make memories

Comment

• Morning had my stroll around the garden just a bit of light rain was it made everything look fresh.
                        Location....East Midlands.

Comment

• Morning everyone, phew, what a hot night here, tine for the 1 tog duvet I think! No sign of rain here, so lots of watering up on plot, and time to feed the tomatoes!

Lots to do, shopping (groan), domestic stuff (groan), but meeting friends later, so thats nice, best get up.
                          DottyR

Comment

• Morning everyone!

Just going to have breakfast and water the greenhouse, then Mrs H and I are off for a day at the seaside.

Take it away, Chas and Dave...

My gardening blog: In Spades, last update 30th April 2018.
                            Chrysanthemum notes page here.

Comment

• Morning all, dull and raining here again but looks as though it's clearing up later YAY! Last big clear out of the kitchen today before work starts on Monday...looking forward to it being finished. Plumber was supposed to come yesterday afternoon to take down the new radiator in case it gets damaged during the works, but true to form, he arrived yesterday morning just as I stepped into the shower. Kept knocking on the door so I thought, well you can just wait until I'm dressed. It was funny though as when I eventually opened the door he handed me a towel! I have decided to buy him a watch for Christmas.
                              Anyhoo, hope you all have a lovely day!

Forgot to say enjoy your day at the seaside Martin and Mrs. H.
                              Last edited by Jay22; 26-06-2015, 09:11 AM. Reason: Changing afternoon to morning!
                              sigpic

Comment

• Morning All. Friday flyer - have a happy one
                                Granny on the Game in Sheffield

Comment

Latest Topics

Collapse

Recent Blog Posts

Collapse
                                Working...
                                X