X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Good morning
    Carrie

Comment

• Morning all! It's gonna be a scorcher here today. I need todo my gardening jobs early as I don't think I want to be out in it later. Have a good day everyone.
      Hope you are feeling ok this morning Martin?

Comment

• Good Morning Hot and sunny here too - pity I'll be in the office all week, it would have been lovely to be at home. Never mind, at least the evening will be warm - unless there's the predicted thunderstorm! Have a good day
        Granny on the Game in Sheffield

Comment

• Morning all, looks a lovely morning. Might take my tea outside
          Potato harvesting today, yummy
          Nannys make memories

Comment

• Mornin all

Going to be a stonker here apparently.

School hols start tomorrow, so I'm trying to persuade OH to go to get swimming trunks and then go swimming in the outdoor area of the local baths.
            After tomorrow it'll be utterly crowded and my swimming buddy has gone to the UK for a month?..and I really don't want to go on my own!
            "Nicos, Queen of Gooooogle" and... GYO's own Miss Marple

Location....Normandy France

Comment

• Morning All

Glorious start to the day, sun shining, birds singing and the gentle scent of sweet peas......heaven!

Enjoy you day and hope you are feeling OK Martin

Comment

• Originally posted by Nicos View Post
                After tomorrow it'll be utterly crowded and my swimming buddy has gone to the UK for a month?..and I really don't want to go on my own!
                Just go on your own Nicos, once you've done it the once you'll enjoy it. I'm the opposite, I hate going with other people it's a pain, waiting for them, arranging times etc. When you go on your own it takes half the time.

Comment

• Morning I think today we'll all be sharing the sunshine Scarlet I'm another one who like to go places alone that way I get to see what I want without having to compromise.
                  Location....East Midlands.

Comment

• Morning all. Sorry had internet problems yesterday. So catching up a bit.
                    So hope you are feeling ok today Martin.
                    Very warm here already. Kids were moaning on their way up to school. So getting some jobs done this morning and then watering tonight.
                    Have a good day everyone.
                    sigpic

Comment

• Morning all, hope all went well yesterday Martin!

Dull and coolish here today...actually it was still quite dark at 7 this morning. Tell those kids to think themselves lucky NVG, they could be living up here! Almost a permanent low sky as my Australian nephew says! Fingers crossed the sun will show its face later!

Have a great day all...jealous, moi?
                      sigpic

Comment

• Morning awl

Shopping first, then service the hedge cutter in readiness for the onslaught
                        He who smiles in the face of adversity,has already decided who to blame

Artificial intelligence is no match for natural stupidity

Comment

• Afternoon all!

I've had a nice lazy morning, didn't sleep all that well so stayed in bed a bit longer. I've still got a sore arm today but it's not quite as bad as yesterday so all good.

I found there was a lot of watering to do in the back garden this morning, all the stuff in pots and troughs, all the recently planted stuff and a few established things that were looking sorry for themselves.

Also I found somewhere to plant out my last Dahlia and cut back a Ceanothus that is competing with my rambling rose to take over the entire garden. The rose will feel the sharp edge of my secateurs next week, the flowers are pretty much done for the year.

Time now for a cup of tea, a salady lunch and then decide what to do with the afternoon. It's been hot all day, currently 27c in the shade, 33c in the greenhouse.
                          My gardening blog: In Spades, last update 30th April 2018.
                          Chrysanthemum notes page here.

Comment

• You dead-head that Rose Martin, and it should flower all summer!

Eeeeeeeeeevening!
                            All the best - Glutton 4 Punishment
                            Freelance shrub butcher and weed removal operative.

Comment

• Are you sure G4 - I thought ramblers just flowered the once? I've got one and after June it doesn't flower again

Hot hot hot here, i don't think I'll even manage to do any gardening later - it doesn't feel like it will cool down.

Comment

• In previous years, my Rambling Rector has just sat there for the rest of the year. So now I'm taking the opportunity to give it a big cutting back after flowering, getting rid of up to half of the old wood. I don't expect the other half, which will just be dead-headed, to do anything until next June. But we'll see!
                                Last edited by Martin H; 30-06-2015, 04:57 PM. Reason: fix the tenses!
                                My gardening blog: In Spades, last update 30th April 2018.
                                Chrysanthemum notes page here.

Comment

Latest Topics

Collapse

Recent Blog Posts

Collapse
                                Working...
                                X