Collapse

This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Cooked tea early today. Going over to see the Grandchildren tonight.
    To be truthful, couldn't wait to eat some of the lovely potatoes dug up earlier lol
    Cheese and bacon omelette with spuds and sliced toms on the side. Beautiful.
    Nannys make memories

Comment

• Oooooooh, Rambling Rector, what a fab rose! Don't they keep flowering? I lose track of time, the many roses I tend seem to flower all summer long, but they're in various different gardens, so it may just be me and my alzheimers!

I'm taking plenty of cutting this year, and trying to see how many roses I can 'acquire' for myself!
      Last edited by Glutton4...; 30-06-2015, 07:39 PM.
      All the best - Glutton 4 Punishment
      Freelance shrub butcher and weed removal operative.

Comment

• I always thought roses were too old fashioned. Over the last couple of years ive changed my mind. I tried a few cuttings last year and only one took. I will be doing the same this year - just hope I get some better results next time.

Comment

• Originally posted by Glutton4... View Post
          Oooooooh, Rambling Rector, what a fab rose! Don't they keep flowering?
          I just looked it up. It says that it flowers twice a year. Second flush in September. I'm wondering now if I prune mine (it was a cutting taken years ago - no name) will it flower again

Comment

• Originally posted by Scarlet View Post
            I just looked it up. It says that it flowers twice a year.
            Interesting. It depends what site you look at. David Austin says "Repeating - None". Sarah Raven says "June to September - continuous flowering". Crocus contradicts itself by saying "A large white, once-and-only rambler" alongside "Flowering period: July and September". Peter Beale says "smothered in double, white clusters of flowers in July". BBC agrees with Peter Beale, "It flowers once, in summer".

With mine I left it alone completely in the second year and it didn't flower again, so I'm going with Peter Beale and the BBC. Although down here it flowers in June.
            My gardening blog: In Spades, last update 30th April 2018.
            Chrysanthemum notes page here.

Comment

• Good morning

Off to work soon so just popped on to catch up with you guys. Today is meant to be the hotest day. Not good when I am walking around from house to house. Saying that the elderly still have their heating on!!!! Need to take lots of drink with me.

Have a good day
              Carrie

Comment

• Morning all. I have a lot of catching up to do this morning. Didn't do any watering last night as I fell asleep on the sofa. So lots to do today just hope it doesn't get to warm.
                Have a good day everyone
                sigpic

Comment

• Morning all...I'm running late. I haven't watered yet but the washing is out. We have a bit of a breeze here this morning, I hope it stays, we have a blue blue sky and it's hot already. This will get my beans growing. At the moment they are only a few inches high and already have blackfly.

Comment

• Morning I watered early on but the path in my GH dried almost before I'd got outside
                    Location....East Midlands.

Comment

• Morning all! Bit scared to say this in case it disappears, but...IT'S WARM AND SUNNY THIS MORNING!!! Hope you all have a great day, I intend to change that shade of pale I am to a subtle brown! See you all later!
                      sigpic

Comment

• Mornin all!

Make the most of it Jay

Washing out here too Scarlet- I think it's nearly dry already!

Our lawns have suddenly gone brown and crispy. I know they'll come back to green eventually- but we've easily got 8 more weeks of summer left!
                        Our water tubs are nearly empty (3,000 litres) I really must try and sort out more mulching.
                        "Nicos, Queen of Gooooogle" and... GYO's own Miss Marple

Location....Normandy France

Comment

• Morning all, phew what a scorcher!

Breakfast and watering is the order of the day. Enjoy the sunshine while it lasts, everyone.

Comment

• Afternoon, peeps - 'ot, aint it?

Club run tonight too - when it will be 29deg.....

Comment

• What only 29 degs Hazel! 32 here ( so they say).

Anyway have done my watering, now tooooo hot to do anything, so best pay a visit to the GC, in case any plants need to be rescued!

Well what else can you do!
                              Last edited by Dorothy rouse; 01-07-2015, 01:16 PM.
                              DottyR

Comment

• I'm getting ready to create my Potmato plant.

An armpit of "Chadwick Cherry, nicely rooted and ready to pot up will provide the rootstock;
                                A tuber of "Charlotte", nicely chitted, will provide the above-ground part of the plant.

They are now both in pots of multi-purpose, so in about three weeks I should be ready to do the graft. Exciting!
                                Attached Files

Comment

Latest Topics

Collapse

Recent Blog Posts

Collapse
                                Working...
                                X