This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Morning all!

It's dull here with drizzle in the air, although Mr Weatherman says it will dry up soon. I have to stay in anyway because Mrs H ordered a supermarket home delivery and has now gone out leaving me in charge. It's OK I can cope with the responsibility for a few hours...

Later on I need to get down the allotment and pick flowers if nothing else.
    My gardening blog: In Spades, last update 30th April 2018.
    Chrysanthemum notes page here.

Comment

• Evening everyone! Grey but warm here. Went down to the plot straight after work and watered the glass shed and then borrowed the site petrol strimmer - wreaked havoc on the couch grass. So satisfying! I have decided that I can't dig it up from my 'paths' so I am going to make grass paths and keep it short. Picked 3 big cukes from the greenhouse in the garden and am making cucumber relish. Yummy.

Comment

• Eeeeeeeeeeeeeeevenin' Peeps! I've had a busy day, and I'm pooped. Again. However, I've had a day away from agent orange, and the illegible adverts.

Having gained another client last week, I'm off to see another on Friday. Carry on like this and I'll be full-time!

G & T anyone?
        All the best - Glutton 4 Punishment
        Freelance shrub butcher and weed removal operative.

Comment

• Evenin' all! Been away at the weekend and confess to not having read back though the threads updated whilst I went back to the 1950's in Whitby. Did you know they still have donkey rides on the beach there?

Actually, the only difference between the crowds in 1950's Whitby and now is that people are carrying an average of about an extra stone and half each, and there is a far greater complement of walking sticks and mobility scooters. This comment is not confined to the good folk of North Yorkshire, I might add - we all snack, we don't do enough physically, and it's all become the norm. No wonder the NHS is in dire straights - all those knee and hip ops; type 2 diabetes and high blood pressure.

Oops - shouda been to the rant thread!

Had a lovely time though, and have come back to a natty redesign of the Vine with orange accents.

Comment

• Ha ha ha! I've just realised that not everyone shares my appreciation of a change of colour on the side bars!!

Right - I'm turning into an (orange) pumpkin, so will put the house and all in it to bed. Nos da, all!

Comment

• You need to go to Whitby when there is a Goth weekend Hazel, it's brilliant. Here are some images:

https://www.google.co.uk/search?q=wh...ih=669#imgrc=_
              Last edited by Bigmallly; 14-07-2015, 11:19 PM.
              sigpic“Gorillas are very intelligent, but they don't have to be as delicate as chimps -- they can just smash open the termite nest,”
              --------------------------------------------------------------------
              Official Member Of The Nutters Club - Rwanda Branch.
              -------------------------------------------------------------------
              Sent from my ZX Spectrum with no predictive text..........
              -----------------------------------------------------------
              KOYS - King Of Yellow Stickers..............

Comment

• Morning All

Another grey but warm morning, beginning to wonder when Blight will suddenly appear with this high humidity. Off over the plot later to do a bit of weeding and hopefully harvesting.
                I hope you all have a good day whatever your plans are

Comment

• Morning all,another beautiful morning here today! Some housework to do and then hopefully a bit in the garden! Have a lovely day everyone.
                  sigpic

Comment

• Hey, Jay has some sun !

Off to a council meeting this morning! I'm standing with my banner outside the offices to make them take notice that we don't want any developement on the flood plains around my home. Not looking forward to it, but needs must! Wish me luck everyone!

Comment

• Morning awl

Shortly I have to go for a .... toooffowterme
                      Last edited by bearded bloke; 15-07-2015, 08:49 AM. Reason: smelling pistake
                      He who smiles in the face of adversity,has already decided who to blame

Artificial intelligence is no match for natural stupidity

Comment

• Ouch BB!

Mornin all
                        Need to do some more jamming or chutneying again today...problem is I'm running out of decent jam jars!
                        Went to a vide Grenier yesterday but someone must have beaten me to it!

My friend found a revolting lustre mermaid and bought it for 50c saying she reckons it's worth much more than that.
                        I had a quick look on tinternet and there is one similar on sale in the USA for over $200 !

That'd be rather nice if she could sell it for that!
                        Oh , and Nope she's not a dealer !
                        "Nicos, Queen of Gooooogle" and... GYO's own Miss Marple

Location....Normandy France

Comment

• Well is it or is it it going to rain, its v unpleasant here, grey,and hot.
                          Last edited by Dorothy rouse; 15-07-2015, 08:53 AM.
                          DottyR

Comment

• Just noticed all the latest comments on Chatback, have been from Mods.
                            DottyR

Comment

• Good morning

The sun is out here. I am having some trouble at work, have reported it to the office. Off to my mum's this afternoon.

Have a good day
                              Carrie

Comment

• Morning all!

Mods are people too, Dotty, or so I'm told...

It's a very pleasant morning here, with the sun peeping through the clouds after some overnight rain. I really need to get down and do some serious weeding at the allotment, I saw fat hen, sowthistle and groundsel flowering there yesterday. Hopefully they will come out easily from the softer ground.

Good luck with your various protests, Scarlet and Carrie, have a nice day everyone.
                                My gardening blog: In Spades, last update 30th April 2018.
                                Chrysanthemum notes page here.

Comment

Latest Topics

Collapse

Recent Blog Posts

Collapse
                                Working...
                                X