X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Good luck at the dentist BB! Ouch!!
    sigpic

Comment

• Morning all. Has just finished raining here yet again. Nipping down to allotment in a bit as the weeds have gone mad down there. When I say mad I mean mad. Will have some stress release hacking them down.
      Have a good day everyone
      Last edited by noviceveggrower; 15-07-2015, 10:05 AM.
      sigpic

Comment

• I'm back (thanks for the kind thoughts ) with a hole in my jaw & another in my wallet
        He who smiles in the face of adversity,has already decided who to blame

Artificial intelligence is no match for natural stupidity

Comment

• Originally posted by Dorothy rouse View Post
          Just noticed all the latest comments on Chatback, have been from Mods.

You should see the nattering that goes on behind the scenes

Always nice to natter with anyone around on here!
          It'd be nice if the newer members joined in- we're not a closed group of natterers!!
          "Nicos, Queen of Gooooogle" and... GYO's own Miss Marple

Location....Normandy France

Comment

• Afternoon from under my gazebo it's too hot to garden so I'm sat reading instead.

I always reply to new members who venture into chat then hopefully they'll hang around.
            Last edited by Bren In Pots; 15-07-2015, 12:09 PM.
            Location....East Midlands.

Comment

• My Swift sweetcorn is romping away. Last year there was only one cob on each plant. This year they have all got 3. Same seed packet, enough for two years.
              I know they won't all come to anything, but wonder why things are more prolific this year.
              Sun is trying to come out here, just armpitted the toms.
              Hubby is still playing with his shed, keeps him busy.
              Trying to persuade him that sheds don't have to be brown. I fancy a nice shade of pale green. Will post a picture of who wins
              Have a lovely day all
              Nannys make memories

Comment

• Originally posted by Martin H View Post
                Mods are people too, Dotty, or so I'm told...
                You want to stop listening to rumours, Martin, there's rarely any truth in them
                Artnoon, Grapeys.
                Can you keep this to yourselves please. I've been having a little problem, you know, with my thingy. It started this morning and its been a bit embarrassing. It was doing things and I had no control over them, they were popping up all over the place and no amount of wriggling and pressing, right or left handed, would get them to go out of sight.
                Eventually, with the aid of a tissue, I manage to sort it out. There was a big lump of fluff stuck in the mouse wheel. Its much better now - thanks for asking

Comment

• Originally posted by Bren In Pots View Post
                  Afternoon from under my gazebo it's too hot to garden so I'm sat reading instead.

I always reply to new members who venture into chat then hopefully they'll hang around.
                  I'm inside keeping cool!

Can't decide between flippin ironing or jam making!!!

Comment

• Originally posted by Nannysally99 View Post
                    My Swift sweetcorn is romping away. Last year there was only one cob on each plant. This year they have all got 3.
                    I'm growing sweetcorn for the first time for years. It attracts the deer in my garden so I don't bother but No2 son had his braces off last month and he loves it! It's doing brilliantly with 2 or 3 cobs per plant

Back from my protest! Had my photo taken for the local news, not a huge turn out but I think we did enough.After sitting listening to the planning meeting for 5 hours I nearly lost the will to live but the planning application was refused at this stage It will go to appeal, the big developers dont like to loose. I've just got to hope and pray it goes our way.

Comment

• Ha I'm in the post numbness with pain pills already kicked in so I best get some "stuff" done before it all starts hurting again, later peeps >>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>.

Oh & that would be jam making Nicos you need my address for any excess ?
                      He who smiles in the face of adversity,has already decided who to blame

Artificial intelligence is no match for natural stupidity

Comment

• Well done Scarlet in holding back the developers thus far, and good luck when the appeal finally comes round. I'm afraid I'm cynical about these things and assume that small developers have friends on the council who will let the plans through after small, token modifications; while large developers have friends higher up who will influence the process after the initial refusal. Publicity is the only way to keep them on a broadly democratic road, hopefully the local press will take up the story.

Back to gardening, though, my sweetcorn is also going great guns. My guess is that it's because I started later this year, so it could grow without check.
                        My gardening blog: In Spades, last update 30th April 2018.
                        Chrysanthemum notes page here.

Comment

• Originally posted by bearded bloke View Post

Oh & that would be jam making Nicos you need my address for any excess ?
                          alas- sorry BB- ironing won out...I have some beautifully crisp white cotton sheets here now!
                          * trips over the rest of the ironing pile.....

Comment

• Originally posted by veggiechicken View Post
                            Eventually, with the aid of a tissue, I manage to sort it out. There was a big lump of fluff stuck in the mouse wheel. Its much better now - thanks for asking
                            My mouse is the ball type and I'm forever dropping and losing it under my desk when I clean it.
                            Location....East Midlands.

Comment

• Originally posted by Nannysally99;135936p
                              Hubby is still playing with his shed, keeps him busy.
                              Trying to persuade him that sheds don't have to be brown. I fancy a nice shade of pale green. Will post a picture of who wins
                              Have a lovely day all
                              Neighbour complimented me on my new shed and asked if I'd "creosoted" it yet. I told him they don't do it in a colour I like. It's now pale blue and cream.
                              Last edited by veggiechicken; 15-07-2015, 04:55 PM. Reason: fixing Quote
                              "I prefer rogues to imbeciles as they sometimes take a rest" (Alexander Dumas)
                              "It is neccessary to have wished for death in order to know how good it is to live" (also Alexandre Dumas)
                              Oxfordshire

Comment

• Eeeeeeeeeeeeeeevenin' Peeps! I know, it's a bit late, but hey-ho! Looks like St. Swithin is on our side again this year. Thankfully!
                                All the best - Glutton 4 Punishment
                                Freelance shrub butcher and weed removal operative.

Comment

Latest Topics

Collapse

Recent Blog Posts

Collapse
                                Working...
                                X