No announcement yet.

Have you ever done anything on impulse?

Collapse

X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Have you ever done anything on impulse?

I'm not an impulsive type of person, in fact I tend to overthink things to the state where I miss opportunities.

impulses in the past have been so few I can remember them. A ball gown that cost me a months wages when I was actually looking for a cotton skirt as I was an extra in a low budget movie.

A trip to Paris to join a friend on his way back from a business trip.

That's about it ....until last week. I was having a coffee with some friends a week ago Saturday and as I was leaving they announced they were off to Cyprus the next day and why didn't I join them.

I didn't really think about it. I tied up some loose ends and took the first flight I could get.

We've had 3 days of violent thunder storms, but today is like a British summer. It's lovely. I'm sitting here on a patio overlooking the sea, with a nice cold white wine. I need to be more impulsive.
    "I prefer rogues to imbeciles as they sometimes take a rest" (Alexander Dumas)
    "It is neccessary to have wished for death in order to know how good it is to live" (also Alexandre Dumas)
    Oxfordshire

Glad you're enjoying yourself Janie Send us some sunshine please
    Most of my major/best decisions have been made on impulse - and they always work out far better than if I'd thought about the pros and cons for weeks.
    I'm a firm believer in "If it feels right do it" and "Opportunity doesn't knock twice".

Comment

Fantastic news Janie!
      * looks out of window at very grey sky

Yup- I too am an over thinker....but we came out here on an impulse...and never returned!..even sold out UK house!
      Best thing we ever did!!

Go for it Janie- have another glass on me!
      "Nicos, Queen of Gooooogle" and... GYO's own Miss Marple

Location....Normandy France

Comment

What a fabulous thing to do!

Like you, I'm not really an impulsive person nowadays. The most impulsive thing I've done in recent years, was to tag along with one of my Customers, to an Art Workshop on a really wet Monday morning when there was no gardening to be done. That was just over two years ago. That morning, I picked up a pencil for the first time in twenty-odd years, and I haven't looked back since. I'm totally hooked!

Enjoy your break, enjoy the weather, and have a ball!
        Last edited by Glutton4...; 15-02-2015, 12:07 PM.
        All the best - Glutton 4 Punishment
        Freelance shrub butcher and weed removal operative.

Comment

I bought house in Bulgaria, a random impulse on ebay....best thing I ever did
          Living off grid and growing my own food in Bulgaria.....

Comment

Originally posted by starloc View Post
            I bought house in Bulgaria, a random impulse on ebay....best thing I ever did
            Mmmmmh. Myself and my son have looked. He likes winter sports and I like the sun. We were put off by the reports about the dishonesty of the police.
            "I prefer rogues to imbeciles as they sometimes take a rest" (Alexander Dumas)
            "It is neccessary to have wished for death in order to know how good it is to live" (also Alexandre Dumas)
            Oxfordshire

Comment

I'm not very impulsive, but back in the early 90's I got a letter (the best kind, handwritten) from my penfriend in New Zealand who I had never actually met, inviting me to go and stay with her, I wrote back and said Yes! Then I got in a panic, but went anyway and stayed for six weeks. We got on great and had a brilliant time. I wish I was more impulsive I might have more adventures like that!
              The best things in life are not things.

Comment

Originally posted by JanieB View Post
                Mmmmmh. Myself and my son have looked. He likes winter sports and I like the sun. We were put off by the reports about the dishonesty of the police.
                Its not much of a problem ,I have never seen it, its very exaggerated in most cases , they are clamping down on that sort of thing a lot, i have had no problems at all in Bulgaria with it , I kind of ask for trouble with my car choice, from liverpool and also having a factory there

Romania is a different matter!, I was stopped for speeding in something like a 70 kmph zone, i was doing about half of it , they wanted me to pay there and then....i had no romanian money just euros and bg lev, they then gave me a note for there friend and a filled in speeding ticket that was filled to have no copy, i was asked to change money at the border and ask for the man on the note, I asked the Hungarian at the border and they threw it in the bin!

Not realy a problem he only wanted 20 lei, about £5 anyway

I have been stopped a few times by random stop checks ( for lots of cars ) and after looking at my passport they are friendly and speak in english about the car and tell me to have a nice day.
                One time i was breaking the law.....I didnt have my headlights on ( a £25 on the spot fine ) , but the policeman laughed said he would not fine me but he could! and told me to turn them on and not to do it again
                Last edited by starloc; 15-02-2015, 10:18 PM.
                Living off grid and growing my own food in Bulgaria.....

Comment

Yep I would say I'm quite impulsive, trying to think of examples. But I believe it's better to take an opportunity, rather than regret not taking it. Never regret a decision.
                  DottyR

Comment

Latest Topics

Collapse

Recent Blog Posts

Collapse
                  Working...
                  X