ceramic knives

Collapse

X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• ceramic knives

never had one im told they are better for cutting fruit because it dosen't oxidise them so quickly, so my questions are, can you sharpen them assuming they become dull, and do they chip as they seem brittle being ceramic,

Never tried one - sorry. My knives could be classed as 'bare bummed to Banbry' knives that separate through the squidging and sawing technique.
    I have not failed. I've just found 10,000 ways that won't work. Thomas A. Edison

Outreach co-ordinator for the Gnome, Pixie and Fairy groups within the Nutters Club.

Comment

No, you can't sharpen them but they are very sharp and don't seem to go blunt and I very rarely use anything else these days.

They can be damaged if you are not careful. They will chip and if you apply sideways pressure they will fracture so just apply pressure downwards towards the blade and they will cut very cleanly. I tend to use a metal knife with anything 'tough' like a swede rather than risk damaging the knife but it will cut most things.

They do cut everything cleanly though including fingers (as I have found ) so you do need to be careful using them.
      Posted on an iPad so apologies for any randomly auto-corrected gobbledegook

Comment

I dont like them, they are too brittle and beyond the oxidation thing I dont see the point.

You can get stones/steels for them though - you can definitely sharpen them

Comment

Latest Topics

Collapse

Recent Blog Posts

Collapse
        Working...
        X