Pancake Tuesday

Collapse

X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Pancake Tuesday

We are having pancakes this evening with lemon and sugar. Although my youngest son likes his with Nuttella.

Are you having pancakes? And what do you have with them? We have tried all sorts of different ingredients but reckon lemon and sugar is the best yummy
    The best things in life are not things.

Probably not - but I like lemon curd on them.

Comment

Oh yes- indeedy!!

I'm making rolled pancakes stuffed with tinned salmon , tuna and our peas... baked in the oven in a tomato sauce I'll make with something or other!

then pancakes sprinkled with sugar and lemon for pud.

can't wait...my mouth is watering just thinking about them
      "Nicos, Queen of Gooooogle" and... GYO's own Miss Marple

Location....Normandy France

Comment

I will probably make some for me and OH. Kids don't like them. Quite like mine with golden syrup or lemon juice and sugar.
        Quite like the sound of your recipe Nicos with the tinned salmon Very tasty
        sigpic

Comment

Thanks!
          The tuna makes it go further and I squidge some lemon juice in with it to give it a zang

Dead easy cos pancakes involve a lot of standing over a hot pan doesn't it???

The tomato sauce keeps it moist.

After nearly 30 years of making pancakes last year I had a brainwave to speed things up....you'd never guess what????

yup- use 2 pans!

Comment

I like my pancakes covered in sugar. Never really tried them with anything else.

Going to have a go later tonight at making them. I have never made them before. When I use be younger my nan use to make them and when she died my mum just use by the pancake mix and never made them from scratch like my nan use to do.
            Carrie

Comment

Try JamieOliver's recipe, Carrie

EDIT - Tried this but the mixture is too thick. Add some more milk or water so that it will coat the pan easily, instead of having to nudge it over the pan
              Last edited by veggiechicken; 17-02-2015, 05:32 PM.

Comment

Thanks VC I will give it a go later when I am back from seeing my OH mum.
                Carrie

Comment

I've had mine at lunch time spread with orange, rhubarb and ginger jam
                  Location....East Midlands.

Comment

Yep, got some pancake mix so my wee boy can add water and shake (I'd normally make them from scratch but feeling pretty poorly just now and not really up to doing much cooking!)
                    We usually have lemon and sugar (or banana and chocolate, or peaches and cream!) if we're feeling fancy and butter and jam if feeling cozy.

And deffo with a big mug of tea

Comment

I've just cut a lemon in half...and there were 14 seeds in that half!!

and yes- I can see more in the other half!

..just thought I'd share this mind blowing bit of information with you!

Comment

Yup - Pankakes wi' sugar & home made Raspberry Jam.....................drool!
                        sigpic“Gorillas are very intelligent, but they don't have to be as delicate as chimps -- they can just smash open the termite nest,”
                        --------------------------------------------------------------------
                        Official Member Of The Nutters Club - Rwanda Branch.
                        -------------------------------------------------------------------
                        Sent from my ZX Spectrum with no predictive text..........
                        -----------------------------------------------------------
                        KOYS - King Of Yellow Stickers..............

Comment

It's interesting reading about every one else's pancake plans Nicos your savoury pancakes sound fab!
                          The best things in life are not things.

Comment

the boys had some for breakfast (a 4 egg mix!) with sugar, melted chocolate and bananas.
                            I was stood at that cooker for ages!

I use the delia recipe...so easy,
                            220g plain flour
                            pinch salt
                            400ml milk
                            150 water
                            4 eggs.

chuck it all in and mix
                            Last edited by Scarlet; 17-02-2015, 04:59 PM.

Comment

Well, that's me fed & yes, I did toss 'em.............................Nippin' down to Morris's Son now to see if I can find any yeller stickers............catchya later.
                              Last edited by Bigmallly; 17-02-2015, 05:17 PM.
                              sigpic“Gorillas are very intelligent, but they don't have to be as delicate as chimps -- they can just smash open the termite nest,”
                              --------------------------------------------------------------------
                              Official Member Of The Nutters Club - Rwanda Branch.
                              -------------------------------------------------------------------
                              Sent from my ZX Spectrum with no predictive text..........
                              -----------------------------------------------------------
                              KOYS - King Of Yellow Stickers..............

Comment

Latest Topics

Collapse

Recent Blog Posts

Collapse
                              Working...
                              X