Pancake Tuesday

Collapse

X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Verinda View Post
    It's interesting reading about every one else's pancake plans Nicos your savoury pancakes sound fab!
    Thank you!
    I ended up putting some live yog in the filling to make it more moist so it could sit in the oven for a while without drying up!
    The sauce ended up being chopped tomato, basil and a smidgen of chilli- just enough to cover so the pancakes don't dry up.

Now got 5 others waiting to be quickly reheated/ crispened for puddn

This way I get to eat with everyone !
    "Nicos, Queen of Gooooogle" and... GYO's own Miss Marple

Location....Normandy France

Comment

I tried the Jamie Oliver recipe but it was too thick - thinned it down with water to more of a pouring consistency.
      Be warned Carrie, if you're going to try it. The dogs liked the thick mishap pancake though
      Last edited by veggiechicken; 17-02-2015, 05:33 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by veggiechicken View Post
        I tried the Jamie Oliver recipe but it was too thick - thinned it down with water to more of a pouring consistency.
        Be warned Carrie, if you're going to try it. The dogs liked the thick mishap pancake though
        It's supposed to be thick, VC, that's a simple recipe for American pancakes, or waffles, if you have a waffle iron.

(Look at all those pumpkins!)
        Last edited by mothhawk; 17-02-2015, 06:36 PM.
        Location - Leicestershire - Chisit-land
        Endless wonder.

Comment

You mean it was a foreign pancake recipe
          I used my bought in France, cast iron crepe pan too. What a mismatch. Clearly doomed to failure from the start.
          Thank goodness I only struggle to make pancakes once a year

Comment

I use my mums recipe, it's 4oz flour, half a pint of milk and one egg whisked, it's always successful for us. It flips well too
            The best things in life are not things.

Comment

Just checked the fridge, only got 1 egg left. Not many pancakes tonight then!
              My gardening blog: In Spades, last update 30th April 2018.
              Chrysanthemum notes page here.

Comment

You need some chooks Martin....................
                sigpic“Gorillas are very intelligent, but they don't have to be as delicate as chimps -- they can just smash open the termite nest,”
                --------------------------------------------------------------------
                Official Member Of The Nutters Club - Rwanda Branch.
                -------------------------------------------------------------------
                Sent from my ZX Spectrum with no predictive text..........
                -----------------------------------------------------------
                KOYS - King Of Yellow Stickers..............

Comment

Mum made pancakes a la Delia - 4oz flour, 2 eggs, half pint milk/water. Secret ingredient, beat in two tbsp of melted butter at the end.

Mum obsessed with Delia's assertion that 'the beginner may only be able to get 12 pancakes from this mix, the more experience will get 14 or even 16 beautifully thin pancakes'. The word that Delia is looking for here is 'small'.

Delish, nonetheless - with syrup, lemon, caster sugar. Wasn't brave enough to go for jam.

Comment

Originally posted by Martin H View Post
                    Just checked the fridge, only got 1 egg left. Not many pancakes tonight then!
                    5 pancakes from one egg Martin. We've just managed it.

My favourite was dehydrated strawberries with the lemon and sugar. Yu-uh-meeee!
                    http://mudandgluts.com - growing fruit and veg in suburbia

Comment

No pancakes for us ( I kind of forgot), chocolates instead!
                      DottyR

Comment

Originally posted by Hazel at the Hill View Post
                        Mum obsessed with Delia's assertion that 'the beginner may only be able to get 12 pancakes from this mix, the more experience will get 14 or even 16 beautifully thin pancakes'.
                        Depends how big your frying pan is

Comment

Had pancakes twice today! Once for breakfast and then again for supper just now. I had nutella both times, while OH had nutella & bananas in one batch and then lemon & sugar in the other.

Comment

I'm in Cyprus on holiday. My pancakes on pancake day have to be sugar and lemon. I had to send out a search warrant for the lemon. Lovely.
                            "I prefer rogues to imbeciles as they sometimes take a rest" (Alexander Dumas)
                            "It is neccessary to have wished for death in order to know how good it is to live" (also Alexandre Dumas)
                            Oxfordshire

Comment

Originally posted by Verinda View Post
                              I use my mums recipe, it's 4oz flour, half a pint of milk and one egg whisked, it's always successful for us. It flips well too
                              That's the same recipe I use, mines from an old dropping to pieces Be-ro cook book never fails.
                              Location....East Midlands.

Comment

OH made the pancakes last night but he let me give them a flip
                                Carrie

Comment

Latest Topics

Collapse

Recent Blog Posts

Collapse
                                Working...
                                X