X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• RIP Lu Lu Lottie

R.I.P Lu Lu Lottie
    The private stately home where we had our lottie (their kitchen garden) has employed another gardener who's job description not only included spraying and chainsaw license but also had responsibilty for 'vegetables, fruits and salad crops in the kitchen garden'.
    So back to numerous pots, tubs, raised beds and tyres.
    I am well and truely piffed
    I have not failed. I've just found 10,000 ways that won't work. Thomas A. Edison

Outreach co-ordinator for the Gnome, Pixie and Fairy groups within the Nutters Club.

Originally posted by Lumpy View Post
    R.I.P Lu Lu Lottie
    The private stately home where we had our lottie (their kitchen garden) has employed another gardener who's job description not only included spraying and chainsaw license but also had responsibilty for 'vegetables, fruits and salad crops in the kitchen garden'.
    So back to numerous pots, tubs, raised beds and tyres.
    I am well and truely piffed
    Hi LUMPY
    thats not right i have been following your posts (as others have) you seem to have put a lot of time and money into it according to your posts.
    are they giving you upto December or such to harvest your produce I SHOULD BL***Y WELL HOPE SO.
    Better luck with your continued gardening at home or away.

Comment

Thanks 21 - I don't see the point of carrying on (I will get some pics at the weekend when we go to get our tools etc) because the family just ask one of the gardeners to get what they want. Not much so far for us except for 8 bits of asparagus the rest keeps vanishing. The asparagus beds are quite large as well. One is 22 x 16ft and the other is 12 x 16ft.
      I have not failed. I've just found 10,000 ways that won't work. Thomas A. Edison

Outreach co-ordinator for the Gnome, Pixie and Fairy groups within the Nutters Club.

Comment

Hearing Lumpys rant - that is just wrong, after all your talks with them and plans etc. etc. I hope all the veg they grow mysteriously fails and they don't get a single crop.

Comment

I know its naughty but weed killer comes to mind.
          Potty by name Potty by nature.

By appointment of VeggieChicken Member of the Nutters club.

We hang petty thieves and appoint great ones to public office.

Aesop 620BC-560BC

sigpic

Comment

I guess you was given nothing in writing Lumpy..........hope it works out for you whatever you decide to do, are there any lotties near you?
            sigpic“Gorillas are very intelligent, but they don't have to be as delicate as chimps -- they can just smash open the termite nest,”
            --------------------------------------------------------------------
            Official Member Of The Nutters Club - Rwanda Branch.
            -------------------------------------------------------------------
            Sent from my ZX Spectrum with no predictive text..........
            -----------------------------------------------------------
            KOYS - King Of Yellow Stickers..............

Comment

that is a disgusting way of treating you both,as they say,a gentlemans agreement is as good as paper,have you asked why they have back tracked on their agreement,find the slimies eggs,then plant them hehehe
              sigpicAnother nutter ,wife,mother, nan and nanan,love my growing places,seed collection and sharing,also one of these

Comment

what a terrible shame.....especially as (if I remember correctly) the original idea came about as a result of Mr Lumpy volunteering there.

For once though (and this may be the only time in my life I've uttered such a thing) I wouldn't embroil myself in getting even. Gardening should be good for the soul, a campaign against scumbags that hold all the cards will only make you bitter.

Really hope you get some of your plants out of there though....it's not too late to transplant most things and I think I'd rather see them growing in buckets and tyres than scoffed by the treacherous so and so's at the stately home.

you must be feeling gutted...hell, I'm gutted for you!
                http://goneplotterin.blogspot.co.uk/

Comment

Oh Lumpy! That's horrible news and stunningly unfair. A verbal agreement is still an agreement and I would make the point to the family of how much you have invested in the lottie, financially as well as time-wise. For all your stuff to vanish is just not on either, 100% produce 'donation' was not the deal you made.

Personally I would return the place as far as possible to its original condition and take as much as I could away to grow in pots etc. Is there no chance of either talking with the family or an allotment locally?
                  http://mudandgluts.com - growing fruit and veg in suburbia

Comment

We are going to take a few bits and pieces (plant wise) that have already gone in and transfer to our raised beds and buckets etc.
                    There's no point in trying to get even as it is their land and they can do what they want with it. I am also a firm believer in 'what goes round comes round' 'vengence is a two edged sword' so I would never intentionally ruin the plants or soil just in case all our stuff suffers.
                    Yes BM there are lotties available in the village but they would need more work than we are capable of. Although they are massive, bigger than Lu Lu you get the space with a stick in each corner on a piece of old farm land. The lotties here would need completely fencing (they have rabbit and rat problems), clearing, digging etc. My hands are no longer able to function as they once did.
                    Thats why Lu Lu was so good for us as she was in pretty good shape.

Never mind these things are sent to try us - I suppose I will be able to just step outside the back door to marmalise my veggies now.

Thanks to everyone for their indignation and sympathy

Comment

I too am really shocked with all this.

I wonder if you can have a chat with the new gardener, explain what has happened , and what you have done to that bit of land( a sort of update/ handover)

He / she may be totally unaware and may be more than happy to hand over some of your produce as it ripens etc?
                      They may even be able to suggest to the owner that they'd appreciate help in the gardens and would like you to stay!
                      You never know....a friendly chat might actually be of benefit.
                      You seem to be taking it gently..is that because Mr Lumpy is carrying on volunteering there?
                      "Nicos, Queen of Gooooogle" and... GYO's own Miss Marple

Location....Normandy France

Comment

Morning Nicos, yep Mr Lump is going to carry on as a volunteer as it helps with his mental health problems.
                        We know, and like the head gardener so he would let us have some of the toms etc of the plants that are already in the polytunnel (toms, sweet peppers, chilli's etc) but I'm not sure I can be bothered.
                        The new gardener is contracted to deal with the kitchen garden and I think the estate will want their monies worth.
                        I'm just going to put it down to experience and get on with other things like shove some carrot seeds in my boxes etc.

Comment

Really sorry to read how this has turned out Lumpy
                          Location....East Midlands.

Comment

So sorry to hear that, Lumpy. Happened to me once so know how you feel.
                            Gardening requires a lot of water - most of it in the form of perspiration. Lou Erickson, critic and poet

Comment

How frustrating!

Comment

Latest Topics

Collapse

Recent Blog Posts

Collapse
                              Working...
                              X