Collapse

This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Hi Lumpy. Its pretty, if you excuse the language, sh#t way to treat both you and your husband especially with all the work you put in.
    But as you say 'what goes around comes around'. I feel really bummed that it has turned out this way for you
    sigpic

Comment

Oh this is awful, feel frustrated and annoyed for you, nothing more I can really add, it's been said by the others. Hopefully you will be able to find something else.
      DottyR

Comment

Nope, not going to rely on anyone again - going back to my raised beds and assorted pots, tubs, tyres etc. At least it's only just outside the back door.
        If I was honest I was beginning to miss not being able to 'pop' outside and slug hunt or have 30 mins between programs to shove some more seeds in.
        See evry cloud has a veggie lining.
        I have not failed. I've just found 10,000 ways that won't work. Thomas A. Edison

Outreach co-ordinator for the Gnome, Pixie and Fairy groups within the Nutters Club.

Comment

Do you know what, Lumpy, I was just about to say that it could be quite a relief. No more having to grow perfect veg for the big house, no more responsibility for keeping it neat and tidy for visitors, no more having to set aside time to go out to work on it.
          Its a shabby thing to happen but, there's always a bright side to everything

Comment

Absolutely agree VC. Lets face it who wants to eat 2 hour old radish that has travelled in the car when you can bimble outside, rip it up, wipe it on your trousers and eat it!
            Life is far too short and complicated enough to get hung up on this kind of thing!
            p.s I planted more Red Russian Kale from the VSP in the garden - Ta!
            I have not failed. I've just found 10,000 ways that won't work. Thomas A. Edison

Outreach co-ordinator for the Gnome, Pixie and Fairy groups within the Nutters Club.

Comment

Too right, Lumpy. Chalk it up to experience and move on with a smile and no backward glances
              You've inspired me now - I'm off to pull a radish and look for some kale seeds

Comment

Glad to see you keeping upbeat Lumpy. Let it be a lesson to all of us.
                sigpic“Gorillas are very intelligent, but they don't have to be as delicate as chimps -- they can just smash open the termite nest,”
                --------------------------------------------------------------------
                Official Member Of The Nutters Club - Rwanda Branch.
                -------------------------------------------------------------------
                Sent from my ZX Spectrum with no predictive text..........
                -----------------------------------------------------------
                KOYS - King Of Yellow Stickers..............

Comment

Originally posted by veggiechicken View Post
                  - I'm off to pull a radish and look for some kale seeds
                  (Red Ursa Russian kale seeds are winging their way to you as we speak.... )
                  http://goneplotterin.blogspot.co.uk/

Comment

Standing by, the VSP is ready and waiting

Comment

It's really galling to hear that Lumpy but I'm glad you're not allowing it to eat you up. What you do to others you do to yourself so, as you said, they have theirs coming so let 'em get on with it. If you ever fancy a change of scenery on the slug hunting front, you have an open invitation to my garden

Comment

Happy gardening outside your back door Lumpy xxx
                        You may say I'm a dreamer... But I'm not the only one...

I'm an official nutter - an official 'cropper' of a nutter! I am sooooo pleased to be a cropper! Hurrah!

Comment

What a shame Lumpy - however, good to read you are being fairly positive about it.

Maybe after Thursday they may get hit with the 'Mansion Tax'.
                          .......because you're thinking of putting the kettle on and making a pot of tea perhaps, you old weirdo. (Veggie Chicken - 25/01/18)

My Youtube Channel - https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCnC..._as=subscriber

Comment

It must be really tough Lumpy, I gave up my lottie last year as I now work about 70 miles from home at there was no way I was going to manage to look after it but, bizarrely I still can't help visiting it from time to time when walking the dog to see what the new owner is up to. When you put so much effort into a patch of ground its hard not to have an emotional tie to it.

Like you though I am turning the back garden into an oasis of veg and fruit, so every cloud does have a silver lining, and you will make the most of it.
                            I'm only here cos I got on the wrong bus.

Comment

Oh Lumpy! I,m gutted for you too!

What with the time n devotion you and Mr Lumps have already committed!

Cannot add much more than others have said really!

"Chin Up" Girl!

And remember! "Every Dog has it's day"
                              "Knowledge is knowing a tomato is a fruit, wisdom is knowing not to put it in a fruit salad"

Comment

Originally posted by Potstubsdustbins View Post
                                I know its naughty but weed killer comes to mind.
                                Well said. That's the only time I will use some nice undiluted weed killer and water the entire plot. I'd rather kill the asparagus then leaving them. They should give you time till the end of season.

Comment

Latest Topics

Collapse

Recent Blog Posts

Collapse
                                Working...
                                X