Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

I spotted the long range weather prediction of this winter coming - piggin heck!

Collapse

X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

So, Maunder Min/Max is based upon a combination of factors such as sun spot activity, central land temps, sea temps, solar radiation cycles etc but.....

Although the 16th & 17thC event is classed as one is there geological evidence to support a cyclical nature to such events over earths history pre-dating the famous 'frost fayre's' or is this a by product of population growth and technological advancement?
    I have not failed. I've just found 10,000 ways that won't work. Thomas A. Edison

Outreach co-ordinator for the Gnome, Pixie and Fairy groups within the Nutters Club.

Comment

The difficulty is proving climate in the past, CET has only been recorded for 360 years.

However there were famines caused by bad weather in the Middle Ages.....
      The onset of the Great Famine coincided with the end of the Medieval Warm Period. Between 1310 and 1330 northern Europe experienced some of the most unfavourable winters for human survival and least favourable for food harvests in the entire Middle Ages, characterized by severe winters and cold, rainy summers.
      https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Great_...315%E2%80%9317

Comment

I work in a newsagents so I'll believe it once the Express starts screaming about ''Coldest Winter Ever!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!''

Headlines to that effect are due soon I reckon....now that they haven't got the Diana conspiracy theories and latest food/health warnings it's got to be weather!
        If I'm not on the Grapevine I can usually be found here!....https://www.thecomfreypatch.co.uk/

Comment

The Maunder Minimum events have been proven to happen occasionally by using ice cores. I don't think these are cyclic like the 11 year solar cycle, its on a more ad-hoc basis.

However the rapid decline of solar activity at this time is very similar to what was recorded before the last Maunder Minimum and this makes the scientists believe such an event is likely in the next 20 to 40 years.
          Potty by name Potty by nature.

By appointment of VeggieChicken Member of the Nutters club.

We hang petty thieves and appoint great ones to public office.

Aesop 620BC-560BC

sigpic

Comment

So that implies that our whole solar system, including the sun rotates around another body - if so it could be that this possible unknown is the cause of these events.

God I just love the concept of 'holes' be it black, white or grey!
            I have not failed. I've just found 10,000 ways that won't work. Thomas A. Edison

Outreach co-ordinator for the Gnome, Pixie and Fairy groups within the Nutters Club.

Comment

One of the few holes I like is surrounded by............................mint
              Potty by name Potty by nature.

By appointment of VeggieChicken Member of the Nutters club.

We hang petty thieves and appoint great ones to public office.

Aesop 620BC-560BC

sigpic

Comment

Bah! Humbug

Comment

Originally posted by Gillykat View Post
                  I work in a newsagents so I'll believe it once the Express starts screaming about ''Coldest Winter Ever!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!''

Headlines to that effect are due soon I reckon....now that they haven't got the Diana conspiracy theories and latest food/health warnings it's got to be weather!
                  And so it begins....

Daily Star this morning is predicting coldest winter for 50 years

Milkman was having a laugh about it and said the outside temperature (at 6.15am this morning) was -40 according to the thermometer reading on his dashboard I said well if it was that cold it made ME the hardest Geordie on the planet cos I walked up to work in short-sleeved t-shirt Had to laugh because I rarely wear a coat anyway and in my previous job the girls on the post office counter would be huddled up in big coats, carves and gloves and there would be me in my t-shirt! I put my hardiness down to 30+ years of being a birdwatcher on the north-east coast....THAT certainly hardens you up!
                  If I'm not on the Grapevine I can usually be found here!....https://www.thecomfreypatch.co.uk/

Comment

Latest Topics

Collapse

Recent Blog Posts

Collapse
                  Working...
                  X