X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• The Perseids Meteor Shower 2015..,.

...reaches it's peak Wednesday...

Perseids: Meteor light show set to dazzle - BBC News

just a reminder for those interested...and with a cloud free sky!
    "Nicos, Queen of Gooooogle" and... GYO's own Miss Marple

Location....Normandy France

Cloudy here last night...fingers crossed for tonight. Have watched for this for years, think I've been lucky enough to see it once!
    sigpic

Comment

We had clear skies last night and I managed to catch one shooting star out of the corner of my eye.

I am hoping it will be clear enough on Wednesday and/or Thursday.

Thursday is my birthday and I get this astronomical wonder as a present every year. This year I hope to sit up at the allotment with a glass of beer and just take it in.

Paul

Comment

I shall be all wrapped up for whatever the W decides to do.

I remember donkey's years ago, when my kids were about 8 & 10 seeing these on TV and made a note of when they were due.

On the red circled night I got the kids up at 1am (this is when they were supposed to be at there hight) and we all trudged outside and spent an hour looking at .......absolutely nothing - it turns out I had circled the right dates but the wrong month on the calender!
        I have not failed. I've just found 10,000 ways that won't work. Thomas A. Edison

Outreach co-ordinator for the Gnome, Pixie and Fairy groups within the Nutters Club.

Comment

It's quite clear here and it's my sons 18th birthday today, we're hoping for a dazzling display just for him
          The best things in life are not things.

Comment

Wow, I just about remember my 18th birthday.

Wish him happy birthday and tell him to be careful

Paul

Comment

Thank you Paul, he has Asperger's so partying is not his thing. He'd enjoy an amazing meteor shower though
              The best things in life are not things.

Comment

Good luck with that tonight, Jay. Hope you get to see the spectacular meteor light show!!!
                ~~~ Gardening is medicine that does not need
                a prescription ... And with no limit on dosage.
                - Author Unknown ~~~

Comment

Originally posted by Tiny Allotment View Post
                  We had clear skies last night and I managed to catch one shooting star out of the corner of my eye.

I am hoping it will be clear enough on Wednesday and/or Thursday.

Thursday is my birthday and I get this astronomical wonder as a present every year. This year I hope to sit up at the allotment with a glass of beer and just take it in.

Paul
                  Paul, hope for your birthday this year you get to see the meteor light show (have enough beers and you'll see anything you want!!!)
                  ~~~ Gardening is medicine that does not need
                  a prescription ... And with no limit on dosage.
                  - Author Unknown ~~~

Comment

Hi was just catching up on what's happening on the vine whilst on holiday at the lakes. Had an early night after a long walk and read this thread. Got dressed and went outside and to my delight have just seen 2 shooting stars 😃😃. This is why I love this forum so much Thank you grapes for a wonderful experience
                    Dogs have masters, cats have slaves, and horses are just wonderful

Comment

Too much cloud cover again tonight for us...maybe tomorrow.
                      sigpic

Comment

Raining here
                        "Nicos, Queen of Gooooogle" and... GYO's own Miss Marple

Location....Normandy France

Comment

Too much cloud last night hopefully tonight will be clear.
                          Location....East Midlands.

Comment

Last night was clear (ish) but didn't see any shooting stars

paul

Comment

Very clear but still 'Sid' less!
                              I have not failed. I've just found 10,000 ways that won't work. Thomas A. Edison

Outreach co-ordinator for the Gnome, Pixie and Fairy groups within the Nutters Club.

Comment

Latest Topics

Collapse

Recent Blog Posts

Collapse
                              Working...
                              X