Collapse

X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Blasted Weather!

Hi,
    My local allotment society is supposed to be having a sale this Sunday but due to the nasty weather there's nothing much ready to be sold as you can imagine.I know most people are probably in the same boat ( no pun intended) but if anyone could donate anything I'm sure they'd be very grateful.please PM me if you can help & we'll take it from there.
    We're in Coventry.

Thanks.

Sorry I can't help being so far away, hope everything goes well. Bernie
    Bernie aka DDL

Appreciate the little things in life because one day you will realise they are the big things

Comment

It's looking like the sale'll have to be re-scheduled for later in the year.They'll maybe do an Autumn Harvest sale instead.If this rain ever stops long enough that is.

Comment

Why is it that the rain can wash out or rot yer veggies, but the freakin weeds flourish?

Zebedee
        "Raised to a state of heavenly lunacy where I just can't be touched!"

Comment

Apart from the problems in sending stuff to you, I think we're all in the same boat daineal; I've harvested a couple of lettuce and my over-wintered onions and that's it - nothing else ready yet...
          Good luck if you go ahead, altho I think you're right, autumn may be better

Comment

I'm beginning to sound like Victor Meldrew. I keep finding myself saying "I can't believe it - it's raining AGAIN" or words to that effect (not as pc or polite as that, actually). Where is it coming from, how much is still up there waiting to descend on us, where is that big yellow thing in the sky?

Comment

Rustylady
              Fingers crossed, the forecast is looking up, currently no rain from Thursday to Monday with actual sun and heat at the weekend
              I'll believe it when I see it but am always hopeful
              Sue

Comment

Chris Evans said that summer begins on 15th July

fingers crossed
                Toes too
                All gardeners know better than other gardeners." -- Chinese Proverb.

Comment

We were, on my plot about 3-4 weeks ahead in the growing season, now it seems like we are 3-4 weeks behind!

from my 2006 diary......July 19th 2006- "they say we might beat all time records with 35+ deg.... 7pm last night and the car temp showed 31deg C!!!"

We were up to our necks in plums,tomatoes,courgettes, onions, shallots....and more.
                  All are so far behind this year. Even the honey flow has stopped!!!

Oh well chin up there is always next year.

Comment

Originally posted by Two_Sheds View Post
                    Chris Evans said that summer begins on 15th July

fingers crossed
                    Toes too
                    Actually, Chris Evans said that Summer IS the 15th July!!
                    Veni, Vidi, Velcro.
                    I came, I saw, I stuck around.

Comment

did somebody say no rain at the weekend?? Will my toms and the rest get to see some sunshine? They dont know what warmth is any more! Plus I'm off to an outdoor concert Sat evening (classical music at Warwick) ... hmmmm
                      Life may not be the party we hoped for but since we're here we might as well dance

Comment

A cloudy day today here in Preston - I was going to call at the lottie en route home....no chance! It began raining just before I left work! Compensation though - curled up on settee with my "security blanket" and with the August edition of GYO. Bernie PS going to put the central heating on as well!
                        Bernie aka DDL

Appreciate the little things in life because one day you will realise they are the big things

Comment

Bernie, snap snap and snap.

Was looking forward to harvesting my tea but not a chance I'm going in this rain. Will be raiding the freezer instead.

An onion can make people cry but there's never been a vegetable that can make people laugh.

Will Rogers

Comment

It's chucking it here at the moment. It never goes off for more than a few hours.

From each according to his ability, to each according to his needs.

Comment

Still no rain here - I'm still watering the garden each night. I can't believe this!
                              ~
                              Aerodynamically the bumblebee shouldn't be able to fly, but the bumblebee doesn't know that so it goes on flying anyway.
                              ~ Mary Kay Ash

Comment

Latest Topics

Collapse

Recent Blog Posts

Collapse
                              Working...
                              X