Giving blood

Collapse

X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by JanieB View Post
    I've never been allowed to give blood although I would have willingly. I never knew why but Mothhawks post has given me a clue. I knew it had something to do with antibodies. I'm A-. I used to carry a card that gave the relevant information but it fell apart years ago and was never replaced. I'm now too old anyway.
    Don't know why you can't give but it's nothing to do with your blood type etc (I'm the same and I can), the antibody issue only effects babies when the mother is the opposite

Some of us live in the past, always talking about back then. Some of us live in the future, always planning what we are going to do. And, then there are those, who neither look behind or ahead, but just enjoy the moment of right now.

Which one are you and is it how you want to be?

Comment

Originally posted by Alison View Post
      Don't know why you can't give but it's nothing to do with your blood type etc (I'm the same and I can), the antibody issue only effects babies when the mother is the opposite
      Yes, I'm not sure either. I'm a rhd negetive, my husband is positive.My boys were tested at birth and were positive so I was given an injection to stop rhesus disease for any baby I may have in the future.
      Last edited by Scarlet; 13-10-2015, 09:12 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by Scarlet View Post
        Yes, I'm not sure either. I'm a rhd negetive, my husband is positive.My boys were tested at birth and were positive so I was given an injection to stop rhesus disease for any baby I may have in the future.
        I know it's not my blood type. I'm pretty sure it has to do with complications when I had my first baby. This was before the injections against rhesus disease.
        Last edited by JanieB; 14-10-2015, 09:13 AM.
        "I prefer rogues to imbeciles as they sometimes take a rest" (Alexander Dumas)
        "It is neccessary to have wished for death in order to know how good it is to live" (also Alexandre Dumas)
        Oxfordshire

Comment

Cariann88

It didn't hurt at all, I didn't watch the needle going into my arm but had a look once it was in.

Mothhawk

I was told that was quite a good time for my first time. The guy told me I had small veins so maybe that didn't help. He said the average time is 8 minutes.
          @thecluelessgardener

Comment

Originally posted by Scarlet View Post
            Me too...I have never been told I couldn't give blood.

Reading up on Rhesus Negative blood I came across an article (written by a mad person I think) who claims that if man descended from apes (rhesus monkeys) then we would all be Rhesus Positive so where did the Negatives come from? Answer...ancient astronauts or aliens!!!! We should also be psychic and have high IQ's! Mmmm! So Scarlet, Janie and Alison, when you are ready...time to take over the world.
            Last edited by Jay22; 19-10-2015, 11:18 PM.
            sigpic

Comment

Well done Natalie, as a person who has needed the help of other people who have given blood (my baby had a full body transfusion) I love hearing about people who has given blood or donates their organs etc.
              I also suffer PCOS and PCKD and I have had 3 kids that have survived and all bar 1 is fit and well so dont give up its just a matter of timing for some people. A friend of mine has no "lady days" due to PCOS and gave birth a few days ago so there is hope. xx
              Last edited by 4390evans; 20-10-2015, 01:40 AM. Reason: typo
              If you want to view paradise
              Simply look around and view it.

Comment

Latest Topics

Collapse

Recent Blog Posts

Collapse
              Working...
              X