No announcement yet.

What's Everyone Doing?

Collapse

X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Normally I would expect the vine to be quiet during Spring to Autumn as folk are busy on their plots/gardens. Maybe it is the ads, I don't know.
    sigpic“Gorillas are very intelligent, but they don't have to be as delicate as chimps -- they can just smash open the termite nest,”
    --------------------------------------------------------------------
    Official Member Of The Nutters Club - Rwanda Branch.
    -------------------------------------------------------------------
    Sent from my ZX Spectrum with no predictive text..........
    -----------------------------------------------------------
    KOYS - King Of Yellow Stickers..............

Comment

I've been at work for the last 4 nightsand work 12 hour shifts, so been busy in the world of custard and only had an hour or two each day when I can log in.but it has seemed a bit quiet just lately.
      What do you get if you divide the circumference of a pumpkin by its diameter?
      Pumpkin pi.

Comment

I suppose with a late Spring and a possible tough winter ahead people might have slightly changed their routines.

It is sad though that we have had no new members since the 3rd Oct. Maybe they are like buses nothing for a while and then several turn up all at once.

Like the others I REALLY am looking forward to the GR as it is a tonic to the cold dark nights.
        Last edited by Lumpy; 18-10-2015, 12:20 PM.
        I have not failed. I've just found 10,000 ways that won't work. Thomas A. Edison

Outreach co-ordinator for the Gnome, Pixie and Fairy groups within the Nutters Club.

Comment

Originally posted by Lumpy View Post
          It is sad though that we have had no new members since the 3rd Oct. Maybe they are like buses nothing for a while and then several turn up all at once.
          You're looking at new members who've Introduced themselves, Lumpy. I've just had a quick look and 15 new members have joined and posted since 1st October. Others have joined but not posted yet.

Comment

Sorry it did not occur to me that there were 2 ways of joining the Vine. I assumed everybody did the 'Introduce Yourself' route.

In which case membership appears to be still on the up - as it should be for such a brilliant and varied site.
            I have not failed. I've just found 10,000 ways that won't work. Thomas A. Edison

Outreach co-ordinator for the Gnome, Pixie and Fairy groups within the Nutters Club.

Comment

I didn't Introduce myself for about 5 years! Should have kept quiet

Comment

" what's everyone doing "

gone Fishing

Comment

I never introduced myself I just started posting.
                  Location....East Midlands.

Comment

Originally posted by veggiechicken View Post
                    I didn't Introduce myself for about 5 years! Should have kept quiet
                    I didn't introduce myself, I was too shy.

Comment

I did introduce myself, I like to give everyone a bit of warning

Comment

I didnt introduce myself either.
                        Perhaps a lot of people join in the beginning and after a while find gardening is not for them.
                        The ads, while being a but of a pain wouldnt put me off.

And when your back stops aching,
                        And your hands begin to harden.
                        You will find yourself a partner,
                        In the glory of the garden.

Rudyard Kipling.sigpic

Comment

We seem to have lost so many when the app was withdrawn, people are far more active these days on i-phones etc than sitting at a desk with a PC. Bring back the app, that's what I says!
                          Location - Leicestershire - Chisit-land
                          Endless wonder.

Comment

Originally posted by mothhawk View Post
                            Bring back the app, that's what I says!
                            NOOOOOO!

Although I agree wholeheartedly MH! I could never get my head around using it! and although I have been on here a few years, I have only just discovered the "Whats New" Button!
                            "Knowledge is knowing a tomato is a fruit, wisdom is knowing not to put it in a fruit salad"

Comment

I must say that losing the app was a bit of a disappointment. It means I can't keep up with whats happening while I'm at work!
                              What do you get if you divide the circumference of a pumpkin by its diameter?
                              Pumpkin pi.

Comment

Do some work instead then befor the chinease buy your company and make you redundant .

seriously tho, this wee indian summer has given everyone an xtra 2 or 3 weeks to sort stuff out, im flat out and loving it
                                Last edited by jackarmy; 18-10-2015, 04:35 PM.

Comment

Latest Topics

Collapse

Recent Blog Posts

Collapse
                                Working...
                                X