Please include location in your profile

Collapse

X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by TPeers View Post
    Don't make it compulsory Grandpadragon - I enjoy Madmax's locations too much!
    Beefy's are usually a bit of a laugh too. There are a few people on here who know exactly where I live but as I know who they are I don't mind. I agree it is useful to know roughly where people are when they are asking for advice.

I think when people first sign up they don't necessarily realize how much info they can give, I know in my haste to do my first post I didn't, but after a while go back in to edit their profile and voila.
    Bright Blessings
    Earthbabe

If at first you don't succeed, open a bottle of wine.

Comment

Originally posted by TPeers View Post
      Don't make it compulsory Grandpadragon - I enjoy Madmax's locations too much!
      Thanks TP! My previous global locations have been the following: Rio de Janiero, Abu Dhabi, Dubai, Singapore, Penang, Amsterdam, Eindhoven, Den Haag, Munich, Augsburg, Nurnburg, Gothenberg, Stockholm, Lisbon, Paris, San Francisco, Miami, Orlando, and Atlanta (my favourite one when travelling)

But my bestest favouritest is here, right next to Shirls. And that could be in a mud hut in the Amazon delta for all I care! And for the amount of rain we have had, it might as well be...
      Let's go diggin' dirt....

Big silver bird, come land low and slow
      Cut your engines, cool your wings,
      You've taken me home...

Comment

I don't think we would want to go down the route of a compulsory requirement to make members put in a location Grandpadragon, however, members (even new ones!) will realise that they will get better advice if they do give an indication of location.
        ~
        Aerodynamically the bumblebee shouldn't be able to fly, but the bumblebee doesn't know that so it goes on flying anyway.
        ~ Mary Kay Ash

Comment

Plus you may find someone is near enough to meet up with even if only occasionally which has gotta be a good thing.
          Bright Blessings
          Earthbabe

If at first you don't succeed, open a bottle of wine.

Comment

Originally posted by Earthbabe View Post
            Plus you may find someone is near enough to meet up with even if only occasionally which has gotta be a good thing.
            You may even find out that you're talking on the Vine to the guy who's got the plot next to yours!

Comment

Originally posted by JennieAtkinson View Post
              I don't think we would want to go down the route of a compulsory requirement to make members put in a location Grandpadragon, however, members (even new ones!) will realise that they will get better advice if they do give an indication of location.
              Trouble is Jennie many dont. I was trying to be helpful and it would need to be stated that an approximate location only was required, it would also need to be changeable in case any one moved home. This would enable Max, Beefy, and PW to put in what they like. What is your objection to it?
              It's not the growing old I mind but the growing stupid with it!

Comment

Please realise that not everyone who signs up to a forum is necessarily familiar with the internet. There are probably people reading this who are wondering how on earth they add their location to the green bar thing at the top of messages, let alone put funny little pictures in there. Also, some people have a very good reason to conceal where they live - a few throwaway comments, or even writing style, could be enough for someone's violent ex to recognise them despite code-names. You don't want that person to then be able to find them. Or people may want to post unflattering remarks about neighbours without being spotted if the neighbour also happens to use the forum!

Comment

Originally posted by Rowan View Post
                  Or people may want to post unflattering remarks about neighbours without being spotted if the neighbour also happens to use the forum!
                  LOL, think there are some of us who get that and the person posting lives in the same house Watch the Sunday chat!!

Valid point on the ex-partner thingy too.
                  Happy Gardening,
                  Shirley

Comment

Originally posted by madmax View Post
                    Thanks TP! My previous global locations have been the following: Rio de Janiero, Abu Dhabi, Dubai, Singapore, Penang, Amsterdam, Eindhoven, Den Haag, Munich, Augsburg, Nurnburg, Gothenberg, Stockholm, Lisbon, Paris, San Francisco, Miami, Orlando, and Atlanta (my favourite one when travelling)

But my bestest favouritest is here, right next to Shirls. And that could be in a mud hut in the Amazon delta for all I care! And for the amount of rain we have had, it might as well be...

Mum and Dad both lived in Singapore for a while and TOH lived in Hong Kong for a few years. I'm much less adventurous and the best I can do is a holiday in Canada many eons ago!
                    The weeks and the years are fine. It's the days I can't cope with!

Comment

Latest Topics

Collapse

Recent Blog Posts

Collapse
                    Working...
                    X