Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

What do you keep in your medicine cabinet for winter illnesses?

Collapse

X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• What do you keep in your medicine cabinet for winter illnesses?

Everyone here is ill, me not so much as i havent been sick, yet!
    I think natural herbs spices etc are brilliant for natural cures but sometimes its easier to reach for the painkillers, especially when you run out of cardamon.

What do you guys recomend to be kept in the medicine cupboard?
    If you want to view paradise
    Simply look around and view it.

I have a box of sachets of blackcurrant flavoured lemsips. Hopefully won't be needed but great for fighting off the lurgie

Comment

Paracetamol, Blackcurrant Strepsils and Imodium - cover most things that occur here

Forgot, also need Gaviscon in case of indigestion at Christmad .................

Comment

I have just discovered wild oregano oil. Seems to work on any thing especially colds if taken at the first signs of one
        Dogs have masters, cats have slaves, and horses are just wonderful

Comment

Local Honey

Comment

Yep, i also have my local honey on speed dial....... cough..cough...splutter, i mean i also have honey in the cubord
            Last edited by jackarmy; 26-11-2015, 09:44 PM.

Comment

White wine seems to work for me

Comment

Like VC local honey for sore throats and colds, and garlic tablets to keep blood pressure low.

Also good to put honey into a hot whisky toady, purely medicinal ofcoarse
                it may be a struggle to reach the top, but once your over the hill your problems start.

Member of the Nutters Club but I think I am just there to make up the numbers

Comment

lemons honey whisky works for me

Comment

As above I have honey, pure lime juice (works the same as lemon), dried lemon balm leaves if sore throat is really bad.

Liquorice helps with constipation.

Dried mint to make tea for tums and fennel seeds for OH and his world famous wind.
                    I have not failed. I've just found 10,000 ways that won't work. Thomas A. Edison

Outreach co-ordinator for the Gnome, Pixie and Fairy groups within the Nutters Club.

Comment

Honey, lemon and ginger made into a drink seems to work for me.
                      Location....East Midlands.

Comment

Cheap painkillers usually paracetamol. Have calpol for the kids and buttercup cough stuff for Han but that's about it. Our medicine shelf is very empty.
                        sigpic

Comment

paracetemol, calpol, local honey, lemon squash (preferably one with added vitamin C) and vicks.

Comment

A bottle of whisky and a packet of fags.
                            photo album of my garden in my profile http://www.growfruitandveg.co.uk/gra...my+garden.html

Comment

Nothing special, although from the above posts we clearly need to top up on whisky and wine
                              Le Sarramea https://jgsgardening.blogspot.com/

Comment

Latest Topics

Collapse

Recent Blog Posts

Collapse
                              Working...
                              X