Collapse

X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Anyone got a bad back too?

Well my back has gone!!
    Hospital says Ive torn a muscle that holds my spine and I may be out of action for 6 weeks!

Does anyone else have a bad back, what do you do to get what needs to be done in the garden?

Ive got a fella that I could get to do it but I have been looking forward to getting stuck back into it and he gets no enjoyment from it, and doesnt do it the way I like.

Thanks guys x
    If you want to view paradise
    Simply look around and view it.

i have only ever been put out for a day or a couple to a few days. I guess you can still sit at home and plant seeds into cells for the up coming season. I really feel for you and i wish you a very speedy recovery. Just do not get too bored and go buying 10000000 of seeds online
    Last edited by Lisasbolt; 29-12-2015, 09:03 PM.
    I grow 70% for us and 30% for the snails, then the neighbours eats them

sigpic

Comment

Its very tempting not to with all these sales
      If you want to view paradise
      Simply look around and view it.

Comment

I have suffered with a bad back for about 20 years but as everyone's body is different, my advice is to do as the doctors suggest. It would be easy for me to tell you what I do but it may not help your condition. Sorry Ev's, I know how debilitating it can be.
        sigpic“Gorillas are very intelligent, but they don't have to be as delicate as chimps -- they can just smash open the termite nest,”
        --------------------------------------------------------------------
        Official Member Of The Nutters Club - Rwanda Branch.
        -------------------------------------------------------------------
        Sent from my ZX Spectrum with no predictive text..........
        -----------------------------------------------------------
        KOYS - King Of Yellow Stickers..............

Comment

Everyone's back problems are different and we can't give you medical advice. You should act on the hospitals' advice, whatever it may be.
          All I would say is, if you've got a fella to help you, then let him. You may not like the way he does it, but you've only got one back, so look after it.

Comment

I've had a bad back for several. it does t go away and only gets worse. Rest is the key. Let the oh do as much as the heavy work as possible.

Comment

So sorry to hear about your back injury, mine troubles me so I have to be careful, walking after digging etc works for me. As every one else says, take it easy and follow the doctors advice.
              Location ... Nottingham

Comment

My back has played up the last several days but it is from over doing it so when I have come in I have pinched my daughters hot water bottle (chrissy pressie) and rested.

Sorry to hear yours is more severe. Pretend we have the winter we should have got. Snuggle up with lots of hot drinks, good books and dodgy movies.

Comment

I agree with the advice above - listen to the Dr's else you might end up with problems for more than 6 weeks.

It will only be the middle of Feb and then you will be up and raring to get stuck in.

Plan your plot, buy seeds, Oogle the seeds you have, demand peeled grapes!
                  I have not failed. I've just found 10,000 ways that won't work. Thomas A. Edison

Outreach co-ordinator for the Gnome, Pixie and Fairy groups within the Nutters Club.

Comment

My back plays up intermittently. It started to yesterday so I gave up on some of my plans for the day in the hope it would right itself. Luckily it has. You need to listen to what your back tells you, if you get a twinge, say to yourself "That's enough of that for today".

As others have said, the Doctors advice is the one to follow as there are so many different types of back injury.

Get well soon.
                    My Majesty made for him a garden anew in order
                    to present to him vegetables and all beautiful flowers.- Offerings of Thutmose III to Amon-Ra (1500 BCE)

Diversify & prosper

Comment

There are bad backs and BAD backs,your case is very different,DO as per DR's advice,let someone else do it,like turn the soil,move things about,yes it most likely will still have the weeds in the ground,but it will open the ground up,and be so much easier when you are healed,plus it will give a good feeling that at least it has a start,you need to heed the ,advice from your medical team,if needs be ask to see a physio,i have bother on and off with the back,also a damaged shoulder,these days i pace myself out,do a bit then rest,yes it takes longer,but well worth it,i listen'd to the advice i was given,eventually you will get to know your body's complaints,AND obey them,a few months taking advice is better than any alternatives,all the best
                      sigpicAnother nutter ,wife,mother, nan and nanan,love my growing places,seed collection and sharing,also one of these

Comment

My problem is my shoulder. It seized up at the start of November - about three days after we moved and getting incredibly frustrated at not being able to get anything cleared at the lottie.
                        The only thing you can do is take the drs advice and make use of any help thats available unfortunately.
                        What do you get if you divide the circumference of a pumpkin by its diameter?
                        Pumpkin pi.

Comment

Tore mine about 2 months ago, cause was using an angle grinder on a small wall to remove and neaten up a mess I had made. When I straightened up I felt something go, just not significant at the time.

Didn't seem at all bad until one day I sat on the floor to replace the brake blocks on the mountain bike. Then I tried to get up, but no way was the back going to do that. Realised that if I "forced" myself up (The Macho way to do it) then I was going to be in real trouble, eventually rocked myself over so I could use hands and knees to slowly get up. Took about 20 minutes and fortunately I found the whole episode hilarious.

Found I could walk around OK and anything else just took care and do it slowly and correctly. Don't leap out of a chair, get up slowly and straight. Realised that turning round from what was my waist caused problems, so again I didn't turn from there just rotated all of me using those things called feet and legs.

Main thing is don't think "It feels OK I will use it again." Have found it feels OK but isn't up to as much.

I have simply that being careful, very careful, and taking lots of time and it eventually repairs itself. But it is not quick, mainly I suspect because we keep on using it and trying to see if it is OK.

Being a complete wimp is likely the best option, but never really allowed to be a complete wimp. Even "Reach up and get that jar of abcd" should be avoided. A bad back is a damn good way to realise that those knees should bend for more things. Just it is a bit too late.

The rear pads of the mountain bike still need attention. I am not sitting on the floor again until I am 200% sure I will not have any trouble getting up.

One thing I found over a year ago was that if you get real sharp backache and it comes and goes then get it checked as it could be kidney stones. Had that once, receptionists recorded it as "Lower Back Pain". Described the situation to my Dr who laughed and said I had just described kidney stones perfectly.

Comment

Kirk you spot on,
                            SJ,have you sort medical advice,
                            sigpicAnother nutter ,wife,mother, nan and nanan,love my growing places,seed collection and sharing,also one of these

Comment

I put my back out a few year ago and I was off work for about 6 weeks myself.

I'd just rest. About the 4th week I felt human again and could get around without anyone having to help me.
                              Carrie

Comment

Latest Topics

Collapse

Recent Blog Posts

Collapse
                              Working...
                              X