Collapse

This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Just scored some free pallets via Gumtree which will be used to make a raised bed for my blueberries.

They came from a local coffee roaster who also asked if i'd like a limitless supply of coffee bean husk - er, yes!

From what I've read it's often used as a compost (rich in potassium) and will add some much needed organic matter to my somewhat clay-ee soil.

Comment

• I bought some secateurs from @m@zon a few weeks ago, there was a special discount code to reduce them from £27 + delivery to just £2.99 including delivery..
      They arrived and whilst I they're no felco, they're decent.

Today a strange number was calling me on my mobile, I don't usually answer but was intrigued..

It was the manufacturer or supplier should I say of the secateurs..
      They were calling to make sure they had arrived as I hadn't left feedback, and was I satisfied with the purchase.
      She also said that they carry an unconditional lifetime warranty.. when I said it would cost a fortune to post to America , she said if they fail at any point they will send me a postpaid return bag to get them back to replace them.

She then thanked me for my time and said as a thank you she would email a £5 @m@zon voucher code to my registered email address, which arrived shortly after.

These secateurs were £2.99.... Delivered.

I couldn't actually believe what was going on, and started to worry that there was a con happening but the only info I confirmed was my first name, which she already had, I also checked their phone number, checked their email address... At face value it's all kosher.

Are we just used to average customer care over here or are the Americans over the top!?

Either way this made my day!
      <*}}}>< Jonathan ><{{{*>

Comment

• Getting my hands in soil ...simples
        Northern England.

Comment

• Originally posted by SusieG View Post
          That Mr LD is mobile and misbehaving ...

Simple things, eh ... postie just delivered my new label tapes ( bargain from Amazon after reading about them on another thread ...) Going to enjoy printing out new labels for all my lovelies ... and it's a restful job
          (So don't tell me off Vixylix!)
          Which one did you go for, I'm waiting for this one to arrive:
          https://www.amazon.co.uk/Brother-PT1...A10QK57N4BHMYV
          sigpic“Gorillas are very intelligent, but they don't have to be as delicate as chimps -- they can just smash open the termite nest,”
          --------------------------------------------------------------------
          Official Member Of The Nutters Club - Rwanda Branch.
          -------------------------------------------------------------------
          Sent from my ZX Spectrum with no predictive text..........
          -----------------------------------------------------------
          KOYS - King Of Yellow Stickers..............

Comment

• My OH uses one for work , laughed (in a nice way) when I announced the dedicated gardeners here use them for labels for plants...then was slightly nervous (that I was going to pinch his)
            Northern England.

Comment

• Seeing the first strawberry flower of the year, from bare root plants that went in late.

Comment

• BM it's this : TZe-231 12mm laminated black on white tape for my brother P-touch GL-H105 just the same but quids cheaper!!!

Happy too as the Marigold seeds ordered 2 days ago arrived today! Going to sow them tomorrow! I'm very excited, I have never grown flowers before. Just waiting for the cosmos and nasturtium seeds to arrive!!!
                ~~~ Gardening is medicine that does not need
                a prescription ... And with no limit on dosage.
                - Author Unknown ~~~

Comment

• Found 'the lost allotment keys'!
                  DottyR

Comment

• Another 4 toms gone to new homes .and 4 more going tomorrow..yay

Comment

• Hopefully getting my man gradually trained to do as requested,as tis better and safer for us both ho hum.
                      nice to know keys have been found and toms got new homes
                      also been going out,getting a bit more used to pushing a chair,am trying to be positive here
                      sigpicAnother nutter ,wife,mother, nan and nanan,love my growing places,seed collection and sharing,also one of these

Comment

• Originally posted by lottie dolly View Post
                        Hopefully getting my man gradually trained to do as requested,as tis better and safer for us both ho hum.
                        nice to know keys have been found and toms got new homes
                        also been going out,getting a bit more used to pushing a chair,am trying to be positive here
                        LD after reading all of her threads over the last few months I realise what a strong willed person some people ar.

Go LD go go go!
                        I have not failed. I've just found 10,000 ways that won't work. Thomas A. Edison

Outreach co-ordinator for the Gnome, Pixie and Fairy groups within the Nutters Club.

Comment

• Yes i am Lumpy,when i say i am down I AM,
                          as to what makes me happy is easy on here YOU LOT the kindness and support shown in many ways,bless you all XX
                          sigpicAnother nutter ,wife,mother, nan and nanan,love my growing places,seed collection and sharing,also one of these

Comment

• Two more rows of germinated parsnips

Comment

• Originally posted by lottie dolly View Post
                              Yes i am Lumpy,when i say i am down I AM,
                              as to what makes me happy is easy on here YOU LOT the kindness and support shown in many ways,bless you all XX
                              Big, big ((hugs)) coming your way Lottie x
                              ~~~ Gardening is medicine that does not need
                              a prescription ... And with no limit on dosage.
                              - Author Unknown ~~~

Comment

• LD being a daft bat..................if you are in a low it means that at some point it will start to get better so you end up in a high!

Give us all a shout LD if you feel really low as we are all willing to try and ease your worry and stress...............

I have quite a few dirty jokes if push comes to shove!
                                I have not failed. I've just found 10,000 ways that won't work. Thomas A. Edison

Outreach co-ordinator for the Gnome, Pixie and Fairy groups within the Nutters Club.

Comment

Latest Topics

Collapse

Recent Blog Posts

Collapse
                                Working...
                                X