Integrated K1tch3n Appliances

Collapse

X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Integrated K1tch3n Appliances

Pssst, don't tell anyone but we may be moving house. Price agreed and Offer accepted subject to sorting out some minor things including being told integrated washing machine to be removed by seller.

Now, that doesn't upset us too greatly but now looking at cost of replacing that machine. Our present machine is free standing and is a Bosch which hasn't given us a bit of trouble so we will probably go for an Bosch integrated model. Not the cheapest but you get what you pay for.

here's the bit I'm not sure about.

Does one need to buy hinges specific to the washing machine model? Indeed does a new machine come complete with hinges? I have seen a website with machine specific hinges.

I know I can find these things out elsewhere but we always manage to sort these things out for one another so I'm starting my queries "in house"
    Last edited by veggiechicken; 27-01-2016, 04:25 PM. Reason: Title changed before we have a rash of spammers!

I've never had/seen an integrated WM but I assume the outer door matches the kitchen. If so, will they be leaving you the door?
    Hope all goes through OK - Good luck!

Comment

Crikey, I never thought about them taking the door. Summat else to nail down.
      ty missus

Comment

We had an integrated dishwasher at the old house, but it was all supplied and fitted at the same time, so can't help I'm afraid.
        What do you get if you divide the circumference of a pumpkin by its diameter?
        Pumpkin pi.

Comment

I have an integrated DW and fridge. When you open the kitchen unit door it opens the appliance behind it. Don't think you can do that with a WM so, apart from hiding it behind the door, I'm not sure what advantages there are

Comment

I've never heard of an Integrated WM but then again I live in the dark ages.............................Potty may be able to clarify.
            sigpic“Gorillas are very intelligent, but they don't have to be as delicate as chimps -- they can just smash open the termite nest,”
            --------------------------------------------------------------------
            Official Member Of The Nutters Club - Rwanda Branch.
            -------------------------------------------------------------------
            Sent from my ZX Spectrum with no predictive text..........
            -----------------------------------------------------------
            KOYS - King Of Yellow Stickers..............

Comment

Looking at the pics I've just taken of mine, the hinge positions are fixed on the appliance; and your clever kitchen fitter (in my case) marks the position of these on the door and cuts a recess for the hinges, then blanks off the pre-drilled hinge recesses.

Here's a pic of the wm door, and of the cupboard next door so you can see the hinges on both.

Attached Files

Comment

Originally posted by Hazel at the Hill View Post
                Looking at the pics I've just taken of mine, the hinge positions are fixed on the appliance; and your clever kitchen fitter (in my case) marks the position of these on the door and cuts a recess for the hinges, then blanks off the pre-drilled hinge recesses.

Here's a pic of the wm door, and of the cupboard next door so you can see the hinges on both.

[ATTACH=CONFIG]61618[/ATTACH] [ATTACH=CONFIG]61619[/ATTACH]
                That's enlightening Hazel. I always just thought that integrated stuff was just stuck in a cupboard!
                Makes you wonder whether any washing machine can be integrated or whether its only certain models that have no internals near to where the hinges would fit.
                My Majesty made for him a garden anew in order
                to present to him vegetables and all beautiful flowers.- Offerings of Thutmose III to Amon-Ra (1500 BCE)

Diversify & prosper

Comment

I wonder whether the "integrated" WMs have different dimensions to a normal one. Maybe not as deep and they wouldn't sit on a plinth, I presume, to tie in with the other units?

Comment

The Bosch integrated machine comes with fixings very similar to the ones in Hazels pic. The hinges are usually part of the machine built in during manufacture.

Try Appliances Direct if you have one near you or on the net. I find them very good and competitively priced.
                    Potty by name Potty by nature.

By appointment of VeggieChicken Member of the Nutters club.

We hang petty thieves and appoint great ones to public office.

Aesop 620BC-560BC

sigpic

Comment

Potty's the boss !
                      Last edited by Scarlet; 27-01-2016, 09:18 PM.

Comment

Thanks to all who have contributed to this subject. I've never had an integrated anything so came into this with knowledge = nil. Great pics Hazel, thank you and thanks for confirmation re hinges Potty. To the others who haven't had a mention from me, it doesn't mean I don't appreciate your input. I value it hugely

Comment

Per your original query, AP, I would guess that the seller will leave the door (it's of no use to them in their new home) but you will have to make sure that the integrated b0sch that you have your eye on has either hinges on the appliance in the same place as your existing door; or make sure that the sellers give you enough detail of their kitchen (manufacturer and range name) such that you can source a new door to match the kitchen into which the hinges and be installed to marry up with hinge locations on your new appliance.
                          Last edited by Hazel at the Hill; 27-01-2016, 11:58 PM. Reason: clarity!

Comment

Thanks Hazel. I've taken that on board.

Comment

Originally posted by Snadger View Post
                              That's enlightening Hazel. I always just thought that integrated stuff was just stuck in a cupboard!
                              Makes you wonder whether any washing machine can be integrated or whether its only certain models that have no internals near to where the hinges would fit.
                              Just to confuse the issue Snadge, semi integrated (I think that's what they are called) are also available.

A part sized door is fitted leaving the control panel exposed and available without having to open the door.

Personally I prefer to see the appliances but a new kitchen has been fitted and no point in chucking that out.

Comment

Latest Topics

Collapse

Recent Blog Posts

Collapse
                              Working...
                              X