No announcement yet.

Integrated K1tch3n Appliances

Collapse

X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Is the "space" large enough for a conventional WM?
    I like to leave the WM porthole open after use to dry out. Don't think I could do that with an extra door

Comment

Never been a great lover of integrated appliances. I've had several fitted kitchens over the last 50 years. The first one just after I got married when they were a fairly new idea in ordinary houses. I left a space for a WM but in those days they weren't standard widths and when we were given one it was too wide for the space we'd left. Also, many of them were top loaders. A DW was something to aspire to although my parents had one, also a top loader.

In later more modern kitchens I tried integrated machines but when they gave up the ghost as they inevitably do, it was difficult to replace them as designs of both kitchens and appliances change. You may not be able to get the machine you want to fit and the ones you can get may not be particularly good.

The integrated fridge freezer that should go with my new kitchen doesn't have a very good write up so I've left a space for the one I want. My DW and WM are both relatively new so again a space has been left for them, they'll be plumbed in on Monday. I can get a fascia to go on the front of the DW but I don't really see the point.
      "I prefer rogues to imbeciles as they sometimes take a rest" (Alexander Dumas)
      "It is neccessary to have wished for death in order to know how good it is to live" (also Alexandre Dumas)
      Oxfordshire

Comment

Originally posted by veggiechicken View Post
        Is the "space" large enough for a conventional WM?
        I like to leave the WM porthole open after use to dry out. Don't think I could do that with an extra door
        Hi VC. not sure is the answer. When we looked at the house, the door was missing although we were assured it was there. On hindsight, I think the washing machine had been recently replaced and the door hadn't been refitted possibly because of different fittings or location of hinges.

Looking at a photograph, it looks as though it is fitted into a standard sink unit without any other units adjacent to the machine. I.e. the unit end panel is the worktop support and if more space was needed for a stand alone machine, it couldn't be accommodated. We will put in another integrated machine though so my theorising about stand alone won't get me anywhere

Comment

What puzzles me is why you would want to take an integrated washing machine with you...surely it comes as part of the kitchen?

VC, my MiL has an integrated washing machine and she just leaves both doors slightly ajar until the machine is dried.
          sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by Jay22 View Post
            What puzzles me is why you would want to take an integrated washing machine with you...surely it comes as part of the kitchen?
            Indeed!! We ain't for arguing about it. Think it is new so can imagine it hurts and we ain't paying them as muchfor the house as they want

Comment

Originally posted by Aberdeenplotter View Post
              we ain't paying them as muchfor the house as they want
              Did you get rary in as chief negotiator AP ?
              He who smiles in the face of adversity,has already decided who to blame

Artificial intelligence is no match for natural stupidity

Comment

As the door was missing when you viewed the house,do you think they've put a standard size machine in there & the door won't fit back on? Some sellers do try to get a bit of extra money,when we bought this house they said they were going to take the new carpet (it's open plan so lounge,dining room up the stairs & landing would have been removed!) we gave them some money for it to stay because it was easier & we moved in here the day I came out of hospital with our newborn nearly 16 years ago. I do think it's a bit cheeky though,you should have the list of what's to stay in the house,but you don't think people would take the carpet?

Comment

Ooops I went into a rant & lost my thoughts,so if they have put a standard size machine in there,you could too?

Comment

ooh congratulations AP!

I have to say I was under the impression that you have to leave integrated appliances as they are considered fixtures, however this could have changed (or might be different up your way?)

Good luck with the move!
                    Last edited by vixylix; 28-01-2016, 01:03 PM. Reason: Started again :)

Comment

Down here, whilst it might be usual to leave integrated machines in situ it's not written into law. The house owner could remove the bath if they like providing the would be purchaser is made aware.

AP if they have got the door fitting it to a new machine is not very difficult at all.

Put machine in place make sure it is central in the gap and at the right distance from the front of the unit. Mark and drill 4 holes 8mm If I remember right, fix with 4 of the screws made to go into chipboard and Bobs your Auntie.....
                      Potty by name Potty by nature.

By appointment of VeggieChicken Member of the Nutters club.

We hang petty thieves and appoint great ones to public office.

Aesop 620BC-560BC

sigpic

Comment

My man reminds me that they do several sizes of hinge screws so ignore the suggested drill size.
                        Potty by name Potty by nature.

By appointment of VeggieChicken Member of the Nutters club.

We hang petty thieves and appoint great ones to public office.

Aesop 620BC-560BC

sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by Potstubsdustbins View Post
                          Down here, whilst it might be usual to leave integrated machines in situ it's not written into law.
                          No fixtures are written into law. This is because you may have fitted items of real importance to you. As long as you have stated that you are taking those fittings you can do so. Having said that, when myself and my husband moved into our farmhouse I paid for certain items to stay, they were taken anyway and would have cost me more in litigation than the items were worth to retrieve them. They were also supposed to take their appalling home made "fitted" kitchen but left it for me to remove.

Moving is very stressful and moving day costs a lot more than you think it will.
                          "I prefer rogues to imbeciles as they sometimes take a rest" (Alexander Dumas)
                          "It is neccessary to have wished for death in order to know how good it is to live" (also Alexandre Dumas)
                          Oxfordshire

Comment

Sounds like a faff for them to remove it and for you to install a new one! Hope the move goes well though and you enjoy your lovely new home and your lovely new washing machine with its door and integrations!
                            You may say I'm a dreamer... But I'm not the only one...

I'm an official nutter - an official 'cropper' of a nutter! I am sooooo pleased to be a cropper! Hurrah!

Comment

Originally posted by Jungle Jane View Post
                              As the door was missing when you viewed the house,do you think they've put a standard size machine in there & the door won't fit back on?
                              Potty may confirm but I don't think there is a standard size with each manufacturer doing their own thing. I suspect that this new machine has different fitting requirements to the old one and there is no-one there with the necessary skills to refit the door. I'll send on Potty's guidance notes

Comment

Originally posted by ancee View Post
                                Sounds like a faff for them to remove it and for you to install a new one! Hope the move goes well though and you enjoy your lovely new home and your lovely new washing machine with its door and integrations!
                                Shoosh. Legal stuff not tied up here yet so it could all fly to the four winds. It should be ok but ...................................

Comment

Latest Topics

Collapse

Recent Blog Posts

Collapse
                                Working...
                                X