No announcement yet.

Attack emails

Collapse

X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I get them supposedly from paypal and frequently get them from 'banks' saying my accounts been suspended - even though I don't have accounts with them.
    The first give away is that they usually say either dear sir or dear account holder. A genuine email would always give your name and NEVER click on any links in emails wanting further details - go to their website instead and if there really is a problem it will flag up when you log in.
    What do you get if you divide the circumference of a pumpkin by its diameter?
    Pumpkin pi.

Comment

Paypal phishing mails should be forwarded to "spoof@paypal.co.uk" and then deleted. Banks etc also have addresses you can forward mails to, which you can Google. Just put Bank name and "spoof" in search.

If your account is hacked change the password.

There is software out there which harvests addresses and harvesting is made easy by people not keeping their security software upto date. Things aren't helped by people who forward emails with everyone's addresses showing. They should use BCC-Blind Carbon Copy or if it's a one off,wipe off previous addresses.
      Riddlesdown (S Croydon)

Comment

Thanks BM. I get a fair number from paypal which I ignore as I dont use paypal, I also ignore any emails from banks, as I dont give them my email address, I have told them just to post any correspondence (or money) to me that they want to send me.
        it may be a struggle to reach the top, but once your over the hill your problems start.

Member of the Nutters Club but I think I am just there to make up the numbers

Comment

Latest Topics

Collapse

Recent Blog Posts

Collapse
        Working...
        X