Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

How many varieties of tomatoes are you growing this year?

Collapse

X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I'm planting 3 varieties of tomato this year because I don't like them - yes we do exist

I've about 30 seedlings growing under lights at the minute though - lord knows what I'm going to do with them all.....

Comment

Just sown 22 types, and one or two left. so including early sowing I might get around 35 types. Should I aim to grow 35 plants or 105

Comment

Originally posted by SusieG View Post
        I've got a good sized greenhouse, but unsure if I could cram dozens of different varieties in there.
        Have used the commercial long grow bag thingies in the past - perhaps I could try planting into large, deep pots, 1 plant to each
        I've got a 20x8 greenhouse and I usually can get around 50plants in there. I try for an 18inch gap between plants with a staggered double row each side. I'll also start off several in pots and a few hanging baskets snd start them off in there and move them to my porch when space becomes a problem. I've also got a 12x8, I plant up the same - staggered double rows but also have a few cues in there too Chilles go on a shelf above the shorter toms . I'm pretty ruthless with deleafing and put the larger toms on the back rows with the smaller cherry toms at the front so they are easier to pick. Toms work great in the black flower buckets, you just need to water daily.

Comment

Haven't decided yet but I grew give or take approx 35 varieties last year
          Grew different numbers of each variety...

Would expect similar number this year as I cannot control myself
          Already have a goodly number sowed
          I dream of a better tomorrow, where chickens can cross the road and not be questioned about their motives....

...utterly nutterly
          sigpic

Comment

I'm growing 11 varieties - I definitely do not have room for 11 varieties... last year I did two!

I counted this morning and I have at least 18 seedlings at the moment and still have three varieties yet to sow.

I am AWFUL at getting rid of any - I just cant do it - there's always room somewhere though right??

Comment

Latest Topics

Collapse

Recent Blog Posts

Collapse
            Working...
            X