Mothering Sunday

Collapse

X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Mothering Sunday

My daughter is out for the day tomorrow so I've got my gift today - the Prosecco is in the fridge and I'll open the card tomorrow. Hope you all have a lovely day
    Attached Files
    Granny on the Game in Sheffield

Fabulous, FF, though I can't quite make out what the plant is. But when you pot it on, that cup will be ideal to slurp tea out of when you're on the vine
    Location - Leicestershire - Chisit-land
    Endless wonder.

Comment

It's a Ceanothus MH and the flowers will be the same colour as her eyes

Comment

And how nice to find someone else that still calls the day Mothering Sunday, and not the Americanised "Mother's Day". I try always to find a card for my Mum that says "Happy Mothering Sunday". It gets more difficult every year though.
        Endless wonder.

Comment

How lovely, I love the blueness of ceanothus. I couldn't decide if it was that or escallonia. The image is a bit fuzzy.
          Endless wonder.

Comment

I'm the same, it's Mothering Sunday. I have noticed that the on line card companies have them, but they're expensive. Sorry about the fuzzy image, I'm not very good with the camera!

Comment

Originally posted by Florence Fennel View Post
              It's a Ceanothus MH and the flowers will be the same colour as her eyes
              Awww - lovely.

Originally posted by mothhawk View Post
              And how nice to find someone else that still calls the day Mothering Sunday, and not the Americanised "Mother's Day". I try always to find a card for my Mum that says "Happy Mothering Sunday". It gets more difficult every year though.
              Yep - it's Mothering Sunday here too.

Originally posted by Florence Fennel View Post
              I'm the same, it's Mothering Sunday. I have noticed that the on line card companies have them, but they're expensive.
              You are not wrong - we have a very good and extensive card shop in the town, but out of the three 'Mothering Sunday' cards, two were £4.99 , and all were quite 'modern' in design. I've the £2.99 jobbie - the difference has gone on some chocs.

Comment

Can I just add that we don't just appreciate mums on one day of the year!

Also, I'm thinking of those who have lost their mums - especially in the past year. I hope this isn't too much of a difficult day, and that it's full of good memories.

Comment

I've no idea what's on my Mum's card - I gave it to her years ago and she brings it out every year and puts it on the mantelpiece. Sometimes I write an extra message on it, but she really doesn't care - thinks the whole thing is a waste of money.

A Mum is for life, not just for Mothering Sunday

Comment

My wife instructed the kids when they were young not to bother with Mothers Day. Very much based on the premise of you shouldn't need a date in the calendar to treat your mum.

Kids have never taken any notice though

Comment

Originally posted by mothhawk View Post
                      Fabulous, FF, though I can't quite make out what the plant is. But when you pot it on, that cup will be ideal to slurp tea out of when you're on the vine
                      ...or hot chocolate!
                      "Nicos, Queen of Gooooogle" and... GYO's own Miss Marple

Location....Normandy France

Comment

I always make my mum a card as I did when I was a kid (although hopefully a bit more refined these days ). Don't mind if it's Mothers' Day or Mothering Sunday but anything with the word Mom on rather than Mum makes me want to scream, always sounds so whiny and false.

Some of us live in the past, always talking about back then. Some of us live in the future, always planning what we are going to do. And, then there are those, who neither look behind or ahead, but just enjoy the moment of right now.

Which one are you and is it how you want to be?

Comment

I got a nice phone call from Mother saying a package had arrived..........what lady doesn't like choccies...............

sigpic“Gorillas are very intelligent, but they don't have to be as delicate as chimps -- they can just smash open the termite nest,”
                          --------------------------------------------------------------------
                          Official Member Of The Nutters Club - Rwanda Branch.
                          -------------------------------------------------------------------
                          Sent from my ZX Spectrum with no predictive text..........
                          -----------------------------------------------------------
                          KOYS - King Of Yellow Stickers..............

Comment

No chocolate, but I got a Bay Tree - fantastic

Comment

I use to find it hard to find a God Mother card for Mothering Sunday. I use to have to get my God Mother a Someone Special card instead.
                              I got today a bunch of flowers, a fluffy pillow( which Han has got dibs on) and an indoor Lily. They did get me a card but this morning when they looked at them properly they realised they had picked up Mom and Wife birthday cards. Han thought it was actually quite funny that they had picked the wrong type of cards up.
                              sigpic

Comment

Latest Topics

Collapse

Recent Blog Posts

Collapse
                              Working...
                              X