• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Funnily enough, hubby has just said to me "my legs are aching"
    First real day of 'big' gardening yesterday, he'll get used to it lol
    Nannys make memories

Comment

I think anybody who gardens will invariably have aches and pains particularly if we overdo it.
      I consider myself lucky however in that I dont suffer with back problems.

And when your back stops aching,
      And your hands begin to harden.
      You will find yourself a partner,
      In the glory of the garden.

Rudyard Kipling.sigpic

Comment

I have to vary what I do - so short bits of weeding, digging, hoeing, lifting,
        If I do too much of anything then it all just hurts more than it does to start with.
        I've had physio for a dodgy elbow and have some exercises for my hip that I am hoping will help.

Comment

Thanks all, As you all say, I think the answer is to vary the tasks so I'm not doing too much of one particular thing for a long stint.

It's all good exercise and I'm sure it will get easier.

One product that I can highly recommend is Elemis Spa aching muscle soak bubble bath, it's hideously expensive but you don't need to use much. Lord knows what's in it as it says on the bottle not to use if pregnant

Comment

Originally posted by SaraJH View Post
            Lord knows what's in it as it says on the bottle not to use if pregnant
            I'll bare that in mind Sara if I ever buy some.....................
            sigpic“Gorillas are very intelligent, but they don't have to be as delicate as chimps -- they can just smash open the termite nest,”
            --------------------------------------------------------------------
            Official Member Of The Nutters Club - Rwanda Branch.
            -------------------------------------------------------------------
            Sent from my ZX Spectrum with no predictive text..........
            -----------------------------------------------------------
            KOYS - King Of Yellow Stickers..............

Comment

ROFL

I'd bear it in mind, might be better - unless you are having a bath (or thinking about Sara in hers)

Comment

At £37 a bottle it'd be better to hire a gardener for a couple of hours and let them do the hard work

Comment

At the young age of 61 i can no longer go straight to digging, normally a brisk nose around the site followed by a work out with a hoe

My philosophy with digging is dig a little, admire a little and then take a seat

Comment

Originally posted by veggiechicken View Post
                    At £37 a bottle it'd be better to hire a gardener for a couple of hours and let them do the hard work
                    Add that to the £27 hand cream and the idea of having children would be a def. dream

Comment

I know I know!

They make for very good items to put on the birthday and Christmas present lists

In my defence we don't have kids, hardly ever go out for meals etc so a little indulgence is just about affordable!

Mind you, we have just run out of the bubble bath and I can't quite bring myself to buy any more just yet

Comment

Latest Topics

Collapse

Recent Blog Posts

Collapse
                      Working...
                      X