Virgin Media Scam

Collapse

X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Virgin Media Scam

It's doing the rounds again, complete with logo and even virginmedia in the e-mail address.

Your account details need updating or you will lose service etc.

VM confirmed it as a scam.
    Potty by name Potty by nature.

By appointment of VeggieChicken Member of the Nutters club.

We hang petty thieves and appoint great ones to public office.

Aesop 620BC-560BC

sigpic

thanks for the heads up,i had a phone call not long ago saying from them,saying they are sending out a new modem for the computer,supposted to be delivered on saturday,mmm,i smelt a rat and asked how do i know if you are genuine,answer was we not asking for any details,also no one will be fitting it uhhhhh,after seeing your post i am still sniffing rats,think i will ring VM myself to see,as usually they fit things for you,have had them for several years now aprox 10 and never had this request,and no i will not take delivery off it if it's not genuine,right off to see what i can find out
    sigpicAnother nutter ,wife,mother, nan and nanan,love my growing places,seed collection and sharing,also one of these

Comment

^^^^Just checked........ From a guy who works for VM (a) they usually only send spares out if requested by the customer. (b) About the only thing they send out without fitting is a small transformer

Aesop 620BC-560BC

sigpic

Comment

Thank you for that,i have tried to get though to them and got nowhere,every contact seems to lead to the one pool of advice,nadda,not even an email,just looked on the say no 2 site,typed in the name,and that no is not listed on it,still do not know whats going on,i recone it is a scam,but to what purpose,as i shall not be installing it,i got the no that phoned from the 1471,am debating whether to try ring it tomoz and see what answers.
        sigpicAnother nutter ,wife,mother, nan and nanan,love my growing places,seed collection and sharing,also one of these

Comment

Thanks for that.
          Any phone numbers we should look out for?
          We get loads and loads of scam calls over here...I always look at the incoming number on our personal number before picking up.
          Anyone genuine will call back
          "Nicos, Queen of Gooooogle" and... GYO's own Miss Marple

Location....Normandy France

Comment

Dolly if you have a VM phone try 150, you have to press a few buttons to speak to a human but they will have all relevant info to hand.

Aesop 620BC-560BC

sigpic

Comment

eventually got to talk to a human,and yes it is genuine,it's an upgrade,not that I know what to do with it,will have to ask a friend in the know,as my knowledge and intake are low on tecno stuff,thanks for asking the VM person MR potts ,feel relieved now .

Comment

Glad your sorted................

Aesop 620BC-560BC

sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by lottie dolly View Post
                  eventually got to talk to a human,and yes it is genuine,it's an upgrade,not that I know what to do with it,will have to ask a friend in the know,as my knowledge and intake are low on tecno stuff,thanks for asking the VM person MR potts ,feel relieved now .
                  Have just upgraded to BT Smarthub & it was just sent in the post.
                  sigpic“Gorillas are very intelligent, but they don't have to be as delicate as chimps -- they can just smash open the termite nest,”
                  --------------------------------------------------------------------
                  Official Member Of The Nutters Club - Rwanda Branch.
                  -------------------------------------------------------------------
                  Sent from my ZX Spectrum with no predictive text..........
                  -----------------------------------------------------------
                  KOYS - King Of Yellow Stickers..............

Comment

Latest Topics

Collapse

Recent Blog Posts

Collapse
                  Working...
                  X