Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

A Story about a Little Shop at the end of the garden!

Collapse

X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

My little shop is a little disorganised this year, it only opened in April and the owners are still getting to grips with managing the stock, it's a bit erratic!

Next year will hopefully be more organised!

Comment

The management of my shop has been distracted this year... and they're relocating next friday. How rude

Comment

Our little shop is on the plot so Carol and I wobble up the lane about 5 minuets and it's wonderful. I do seem to have to help with keeping it tidy but the quality is top class.
        In reality we probably get about half a dozen occasions a year when absolutely everything on the plate (apart from meat/cheese) is home produced and that feels wonderful. We get to eat at least something of our own everyday for probably 9 months of the year. So while it may not be totally self sustaining, it does give emence pleasure exercise, plus when we get to retire we can increase production to fill the time available. It doesn't feel a bind at all so can only get better.

Comment

Originally posted by Sheneval View Post
          I too love my little shop though mines is a short trip by car 7 mins. Yesterday I got 2 large tomatoes and 1 good sized courgette - I took a pic but my phone(camera) and computer assistants are in a huff with one another and not talking so can't show it just now

My shop has a polybar attached and my favourite thing is meeting the regular customers who call in on an almost daily basis.
          Got a tip from BM on how to effect an easy transfer but eldest grandson beat him to it by recommending Bluetooth - not sure if my Dentist will approve but I took the chance and Hey Presto - aren't grandchildren clever and useful things to have
          Attached Files
          Endeavour to have lived, so that when you die, even the undertaker will be sorry - Puddinghead Wilson's Diary

Nutter by Nature

Comment

I too have a little shop in our garden, makes my life easy, just go outside and get what I need. Fantastic for snacks and donations to others
            Nannys make memories

Comment

My shop has a polybar attached and my favourite thing is meeting the regular customers who call in on an almost daily basis.
              Now then, THAT'S my ideal use of a spare PT!
              "Nicos, Queen of Gooooogle" and... GYO's own Miss Marple

Location....Normandy France

Comment

Originally posted by Nicos View Post
                Now then, THAT'S my ideal use of a spare PT!
                That was early days - Now have half of it growing tomatoes, chiles, squash and strawberries but still have room for 4 to sit in and 2 cool boxes full of drinks, some soft as most people are driving :-)
                Endeavour to have lived, so that when you die, even the undertaker will be sorry - Puddinghead Wilson's Diary

Nutter by Nature

Comment

I have discovered a second shop at the bottom of my garden and it is home to Audrey 3,4,5,6,7 and 8.

Feed me. Feeeeeeeeeed me. Feed me now!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Comment

That was early days - Now have half of it growing tomatoes, chiles, squash and strawberries but still have room for 4 to sit in and 2 cool boxes full of drinks, some soft as most people are driving :-)
                    I'd walk home

Comment

Thats a long walk Scarlet!

Comment

My little shops are mostly closed this year,due to unforeseen circumstances,and are currently under reconstruction,hoping to reopen next season
                        sigpicAnother nutter ,wife,mother, nan and nanan,love my growing places,seed collection and sharing,also one of these

Comment

My little shop has provided the neighbour with his dinner tonight will also be providing a contribution to a bbq for several families at the weekend!
                          Another happy Nutter...

Comment

Yep I love the local shop in my garden...Has lots of products and unusually for shops, is a haven of peace and tranquility
                            I dream of a better tomorrow, where chickens can cross the road and not be questioned about their motives....

...utterly nutterly
                            sigpic

Comment

my little shop seems a tad understaffed as not enough has been produced early enough for picking.
                              I think a meeting is called for ...
                              Northern England.

Comment

Shop stock in 2017

I'm happy to say that the little shop at the end of the garden has had new stock in and the shelves are filling up again after running them down over winter!

Just filled my little basket with lots of goodies and, amazingly, the nutty old bird who runs the shop insisted I come back tomorrow for more. She said courgettes will be appearing on the shelves next week as she knows I like them

Click image for larger version

Name:	DSCF8776.jpg
Views:	1
Size:	95.7 KB
ID:	2373058

To be honest, the leeks are past their best as they've bolted but I won't complain, they're still edible

How's the stock in your shop now?

Comment

Latest Topics

Collapse

Recent Blog Posts

Collapse
                                Working...
                                X