Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

A Story about a Little Shop at the end of the garden!

Collapse

X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

My little shop has got problems with several supplyer's at this moment in time,however,eggs are good,and so is the house plant cue,had 5 nice long ones,others comming along shortly,plus a few herbs.
    sigpicAnother nutter ,wife,mother, nan and nanan,love my growing places,seed collection and sharing,also one of these

Comment

My little shop has supplied me today with PSB, chard, basil and garlic chives for an omelette, plus some salad leaves I've got to wait a bit longer for my cucs though.
      Location....East Midlands.

Comment

My little shop is a new one. I've owned the premises for 22 years but this is the first chance I've had to stock it. I'm currently getting strawberries and herbs but have had confirmation that cucumbers, tomatoes, cherries, peas, lettuce and several other vegetables will soon be in stock.
        "I prefer rogues to imbeciles as they sometimes take a rest" (Alexander Dumas)
        "It is neccessary to have wished for death in order to know how good it is to live" (also Alexandre Dumas)
        Oxfordshire

Comment

My little shop is a few years old now and stock doesn't vary much year after year.
          I must 'big up' my runner beans though, always a great crop, cause they're my favourites.
          We will hopefully be stocking kale and sprouts later on for a change
          Nannys make memories

Comment

Supply and demand in mine is a problem! Too much demand, not enough supply. Maybe next year? (Think I said that last year) Opening a fruit shop later in the year hopefully!
            sigpic

Comment

My little shop seems to be a crime hotspot at the moment It's become a haven for winged shoplifters, swiping the best brassica and salad leaves in blatant attacks of daylight robbery. Then there's the underground mob who come out at night and help themselves, leaving a trail of slime behind them. As a small shop-holder it can be quite disheartening at times.
              I'm planing to upgrade the shop security before my new stock of strawberries arrives

On the more positive side, the floristry side of the business has diversified, largely thanks to swapping seeds with other shopkeepers. I've had quite a few passers-by commenting on the display

Comment

My little shop has just had a few odd samples. Did manage to get lots of rhubarb that was on offer with a handful of strawbs and a few sweet pea flowers this morning. There are a lot of promises of lots of soft fruit but I think they will be in high demand.

In a neighbouring shop I got a goose egg, they have been out of stock a while due to broody birds and a couple of duck eggs to go with it.

Comment

I bet all your little shops would benefit from a new roof I have some lovely teracotta tiles in my little shop, that would give your little shops a nice rustic look!
                  My Majesty made for him a garden anew in order
                  to present to him vegetables and all beautiful flowers.- Offerings of Thutmose III to Amon-Ra (1500 BCE)

Diversify & prosper

Comment

My little shops looking a bit battered after the weekend winds
                    Location....East Midlands.

Comment

Due to expansion works ( new tunnel going up ) at my little shop I'm a little low on salad stocks.
                      The management would like to apologise for any inconvenience and are working to correct this problem.
                      Hopefully back to fully stocked in the next few weeks.

Comment

I'm loving this thread .....
                        Nannys make memories

Comment

I spent some time today wandering around the Little Shop at the end of the garden, seeing what was on offer, and, of course, looking for yellow stickers.

The Shopkeeper said that there won't be many more courgettes this year although there were some BOGOF ones that had a short "use by" date. Apparently there are plenty of winter squash in the stock room so no need to panic buy, although I had to say that they weren't as nice as courgettes.
                          Autumn raspberries are in short supply now but the growers are hoping for a late burst of warm weather to fill a few more punnets.
                          There were signs that the fresh beans are coming to an end but there'll be some dried ones on the shelves soon and I noticed a special offer on beetroot, the racks were full of them.
                          Lots of tomatoes in all shapes and sizes. Quite a few were being sold off cheap as Wonky Toms so I had a few. Never can resist a bargain.

How's your local Shop? Stacked high or empty shelves?

Comment

The bogof offers on courgettes sold out a couple of months ago, now struggling to maintain sufficient supply for all customers.
                            Beans still well stocked, but shopkeeper cannot order any more from the wholesalers.
                            Signs out advertising sprouts and kale coming soon
                            Apple store had a problem with ethane gas levels, so they’re being sold off cheap as they’re past their ‘revised’ best before date. Potatoes are in a different warehouse, so should last a few months yet.

Comment

The little shop has been very well stocked this year.
                              There may of been a slight over ordering of chillies 3 shelves full and constantly restocked. Broccoli supply over the summer has been brilliant. Unfortunately that has now stopped. Squash, pumpkins and sprouts are starting to trickle onto the shelves with lots in the store room. There's a big basket full of sweet peppers and another full of toms. Shop keeper doesn't think the toms supply is going to last much longer.
                              Another shelf is full of cabbage (red and green) and 3 types of kale and spinach.
                              Potatoes are very popular and shop keeper is hoping for a constant supply of these.
                              There's still a few Tromboncino on the shelves.
                              Sweet potato in the stock room. Shop keep will bring them out as soon as a space appears on a shelf.

Comment

My wee McShop has been very busy this year with some excellent fresh produce to choose from and despite some very unseasonal hot weather most crops were of nice size and quality. Currently there's still some salad crops of cucumber/lettuce/tomatoes available and a late delivery of French beans will hit the shelves at the weekend. Sad news is this years Leek supplier has failed miserably due to a tree root invasion. Lots of excellent root veg available and there's a sign up that the first Butternut squash will be delivered soon. The tatties are flying off the shelves, all the Charlottes have been taken, just some roosters left now.

Comment

Latest Topics

Collapse

Recent Blog Posts

Collapse
                                Working...
                                X