Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

A Story about a Little Shop at the end of the garden!

Collapse

X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

My shop's not had a good stock of produce this year, but was open before 6 this morning to allow me to clear out the majority of the remaining tomatoes...
    And one Gladioli. The shopkeeper is at a loss as to why they have flowered so late and so thinly (one out of a dozen bulbs)

Comment

My shop is closed for refurbishment at the mo but should be open for trading again in the spring.
      My Majesty made for him a garden anew in order
      to present to him vegetables and all beautiful flowers.- Offerings of Thutmose III to Amon-Ra (1500 BCE)

Diversify & prosper

Comment

My little shop had a great selection this year thanks to the sunny weather.
        However a lot of the produce had to be frozen or turned into other edible dishes due to a glut.
        The freezer is now full with frozen veg, soups and sauces.
        The larder is also stocked up with jams, jellies, pickled peppers and chutney. There is great demand in my little shop as all the family love anything home grown or home made.
        I wouldn't be without my little shop for the world.
        My little shop is in operation more years than I can count.

And when your back stops aching,
        And your hands begin to harden.
        You will find yourself a partner,
        In the glory of the garden.

Rudyard Kipling.sigpic

Comment

My little shops kept us in veg and fruit since spring thinking about it anyone looking in my supermarket trolley would think we don't eat very healthy with the lack of store bought fruit/veg in there.
          Location....East Midlands.

Comment

Addition for our dinner, only the meat has not come from our wee McShoppe(gone Anglo Scots now for that Olde Worlde vibe...………………….)
            Click image for larger version

Name:	DSC02496.jpg
Views:	1
Size:	171.5 KB
ID:	2381009

Comment

Originally posted by burnie View Post
              Addition for our dinner, only the meat has not come from our wee McShoppe(gone Anglo Scots now for that Olde Worlde vibe...………………….)
              [ATTACH=CONFIG]83693[/ATTACH]
              Nice looking carrots Burnie. You can't beat the flavour of freshly harvested carrots. In my view that's the main advantage of the garden shop Olde Worlde or not!
              My Majesty made for him a garden anew in order
              to present to him vegetables and all beautiful flowers.- Offerings of Thutmose III to Amon-Ra (1500 BCE)

Diversify & prosper

Comment

2019 stock take and ordering of new stock

How's business looking this year?
                Are your shelves starting to fill up ready for the summer sales?
                My shop has had some fresh rhubarb in which makes a nice change after all the frozen fruit they've been offering over winter.
                The salad bar has had lettuce most of the winter but its going to be a while before cucumbers and tomatoes are back on sale.
                Beetroot and leeks are still on display although some look as if they should be yellow-stickered soon. Crafty ploy, offering them straight from the ground, difficult to see what the quality is like until its pulled up.
                On a brighter note, the shopkeeper tells me that he's hoping for an early delivery of courgettes although any cold snap may curtail deliveries.
                Last edited by veggiechicken; 22-04-2019, 08:57 PM. Reason: wrong year!!

Comment

Well, "Leeks 'R' Us" has leeks, leeks, leeks, Elephant Garlic and chives on the go - although some of the leeks look as if they're coming close to the use by date

New all singing all dancing blog - Jasons Jungle

�I have not failed 1,000 times. I have successfully discovered 1,000 ways to NOT make a light bulb."
                  ― Thomas A. Edison

�Negative results are just what I want. They�re just as valuable to me as positive results. I can never find the thing that does the job best until I find the ones that don�t.�
                  ― Thomas A. Edison

- I must be a Nutter,VC says so -

Comment

I’ve got some early stock of a single mini sweet pepper,more are being manufactured on site

Click image for larger version

Name:	FA83C9AD-EEFD-4F90-96E1-B6C0BD97788B.jpg
Views:	1
Size:	99.7 KB
ID:	2383186

Comment

Sorry to say,
                      my early sowing of everything seems to be stalling
                      Not a good start to the season.
                      Hopefully things may change.
                      Too many demands on my time, and not enough time to devote to my garden.

And when your back stops aching,
                      And your hands begin to harden.
                      You will find yourself a partner,
                      In the glory of the garden.

Rudyard Kipling.sigpic

Comment

The little shop is starting to stock up nicely.
                        Think I'm going to have quite a good run on chillies this year
                        Rhubarb is flying off the shelves
                        First delivery of salad should be any day now
                        Looking forward to future deliveries of brassicas, peas, beans and squash.

Comment

My little shop has kept us in assorted lettuce and peashoots all winter still plenty left and are restocked regularly.
                          A fair bit of Chard, Kale left hopefully they will keep going until new plants are large enough.
                          One bucket of GH grown carrots left.
                          PSB is about finished but was worth growing.
                          Had the last frozen roasted toms so will have to wait a while for a new supply. same with cucs.
                          Only fresh fruit on offer is rhubarb still have some apples, blackberries and raspberries in the freezer.
                          Location....East Midlands.

Comment

The staff are useless at my little shop they need sacking

Comment

My little shop is closed for renovation....becoming a hypermarket

Comment

My little shop is a bit behind due to the shopkeeper having shoulder issues. However she is now playing catch up and is confident that normal service will be resumed by late spring/summer.

Comment

Latest Topics

Collapse

Recent Blog Posts

Collapse
                                Working...
                                X