This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by Bigmallly View Post
    You 2 go to a Hospital to buy Xmad trees & have lunch?........................
    Ha ha, it's Erskine Hospital for Veterans BM which houses a garden centre with a restaurant and shop!
    Sorry we missed you rary, maybe next time!

Morning, up early this morning as Harry dog is not well. He has a cyst on his back which is worse now than when I took him to the vet last week and had it treated!! Will maybe put the tree up later, will see how things go. Other than that it's domestic duties for me!

Hope you all have a lovely day...even though it's a Monday!! Have a great day shopping Nicos.
    sigpic

Comment

• Good Morning It's my surprise day today, I'm being picked up at half ten, can hardly wait Hope the staff in this establishment wake up soon I'm ready for my cup of tea!
      Granny on the Game in Sheffield

Comment

• Good morning all,was foggy out earier on,now a bit misty,and cold,am looking forwards to new year,have invited a few bodies round for a buffet,the TV will be off until later,i have some games to plan ,need to get some happiness and good cheer in the place,and kick the old year into GOOD RIDANCE ,of to get sorted before my help arrives,then it's up with a few dec's and the tree,shopping and cards to write,have a good day peeps.
        sigpicAnother nutter ,wife,mother, nan and nanan,love my growing places,seed collection and sharing,also one of these

Comment

So I take it the Hospital is still not active as such.
          It's still very much active BM with younger veterans also living there. They provide medical and residential care for veterans and widows/widowers of veterans but like all these things they rely on Charity!
          sigpic

Comment

• It sounds a wonderful cause Jay.
            sigpic“Gorillas are very intelligent, but they don't have to be as delicate as chimps -- they can just smash open the termite nest,”
            --------------------------------------------------------------------
            Official Member Of The Nutters Club - Rwanda Branch.
            -------------------------------------------------------------------
            Sent from my ZX Spectrum with no predictive text..........
            -----------------------------------------------------------
            KOYS - King Of Yellow Stickers..............

Comment

• It is, one of our family's favourite charities BM, even my daughter who now lives down south still contributes. Now that a different company have taken over the garden centre I'm not sure how much Erskine make but it must be worth it for them. When our daughter married we bought little Erskine teddy bears for all the ladies, just so that they could benefit a little from the wedding. The old hospital, proper wards etc., is now a hotel which is where our daughter had her wedding reception.
              sigpic

Comment

• Morning today we're decorating for Christmas not going overboard though.

Originally posted by Florence Fennel View Post
                Good Morning It's my surprise day today, I'm being picked up at half ten, can hardly wait Hope the staff in this establishment wake up soon I'm ready for my cup of tea!
                Enjoy your outing Flo
                Location....East Midlands.

Comment

• Morning all
                  I'm in the process of planning how to attack christmad. It's a bit like a military operation! Present wrapping, goose killing, tree getting / decorating, party going & invitations, house work.
                  Working today so none of it will be getting done.
                  Have a good day everyone

Comment

• Morning all - I'm just entering week 3 of a rotten cold and chest infection. Bored with it now.

My (FB) thoughts to cheer up my Monday morning:
                    So, this time next week, and 'today' will be only two days away from longer days and shorter nights.
                    aka
                    Suzie

Comment

So I take it the Hospital is still not active as such.
                      I don't know - I haven't been out there since my father died in 1982 but I suspect they now cater for those that have been maimed in our many conflicts over the years.

http://www.erskine.org.uk/about-us/
                      Last edited by Sheneval; 12-12-2016, 08:34 AM.
                      Endeavour to have lived, so that when you die, even the undertaker will be sorry - Puddinghead Wilson's Diary

Nutter by Nature

Comment

• It's terrible that places like these have to exist in the first place but worse that they have to rely on charity!
                        sigpic

Comment

• Good morning all from a dull and wet Dublin. Today is the day for putting up the tree and decorating the house. Hopefully it will brightenup this dull day.

And when your back stops aching,
                          And your hands begin to harden.
                          You will find yourself a partner,
                          In the glory of the garden.

Rudyard Kipling.sigpic

Comment

• Happy Monday Grapey
                            Its a bit misty and damp here but the sun will shine later - it always does Hope the sun shines for your day out Flo and for everyone else doing outdoorsy things!

See ya later!

Comment

• Well back from the vet...she still has all her fingers, Harry really doesn't like her! I on the other hand am £45 lighter in the pocket, last week I was £65! I can hear rary, at the moment, having convulsions.
                              sigpic

Comment

• Hugs for Harry - and the vet
                                Hope he's better soon x

Comment

Latest Topics

Collapse

Recent Blog Posts

Collapse
                                Working...
                                X