This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by SusieG View Post
    A very restless night last night ~ even more so than usual .....! Stuff running through my mind - why though?
    Nothing else to stop it?
    It's a bit dull and cold just know but looks like it could be an other fine day here, nothing planned but do hope to take some cuttings, and still waiting for frost to cutting down the begonias so that I can get them stored. Have a good day what ever you are doing, and Susie I just couldn't resist that. Remember we always think we won't cope with change, take your time and I am quite sure you will do well, remember everyone else will have been in the same position at some time, have confidence in yourself. Have a good day
    it may be a struggle to reach the top, but once your over the hill your problems start.

Member of the Nutters Club but I think I am just there to make up the numbers

Comment

• Good morning
      Carrie

Comment

• Expecting 20 tons of road planings/scalpings to be delivered to the site today - now all we need is a team of volunteers to spread them out - any takers?
        Endeavour to have lived, so that when you die, even the undertaker will be sorry - Puddinghead Wilson's Diary

Nutter by Nature

Comment

• Morning all, chilly and dull this morning but as rary says it looks as though it has to cheer up later. Still catching up on the Vine, amazing how many posts there are each day. Ordered some vacuum bags and jar seals from @m@zon yesterday, they were due to arrive on the 12th October...they arrived this morning!! Free delivery too! Can't ask for any more can you? Question for all you chutney makers. Going to make some chutney, hence the new seals, can I use the sweeter apples from the tree in the garden or do I have to use cookers? I have loads from the tree!
          Hope you all have a lovely day
          sigpic

Comment

• Morning its raining here
            Jay we've got a couple of Worcester Pearmain trees that are sweet tasting apples with a strawberry flavour and I use them for everything from crumbles, chutneys to juicing. Give your's a go its a shame not to use what you've grown.
            Location....East Midlands.

Comment

• Thanks Bren, think I will use them!
              sigpic

Comment

• Good morning all. Adullgreyidh day here as welo. Hoping it will brighten up later. Off out for my walk and then some donestics. Tidying out some stuf and taking it to the charity shop. Emptying the bathroom presses in rediness for new bathroom installation on Monday.
                Have a good day all.

And when your back stops aching,
                And your hands begin to harden.
                You will find yourself a partner,
                In the glory of the garden.

Rudyard Kipling.sigpic

Comment

• Hello again Folks, it hasn't cleared here yet still a dull gray sky, my wife and daughter are out for lunch I was asked if I wanted to go with them but I felt that I needed some "me" time, so just sitting taking it easy no one about and doing whatever I want, though I am on a washing watch if it starts to rain I have to bring it all in, the back garden is full of washing and looking at it, there is a lot that won't fit me several jumpers and shirts trousers and socks, in fact we must have more clothes here for the grandchildren than they have in their own house, we are catering for four while their mum's are only catering for two, no wonder I have no room for things I might need sometime, I now think I need to go and inspect the inside of my eyelids for a short time. See you later
                  Last edited by rary; 07-10-2016, 12:07 PM.
                  it may be a struggle to reach the top, but once your over the hill your problems start.

Comment

• Afternoon!
                    Well, we've managed to select almost everything for the new bathroom
                    Just need to make a final list and go back and order.
                    The frustrating thing is that we have a loyalty card and once you have 1,000 points you get 10% off everything you buy.....but just for that one off day you chose!
                    So, we need to have a complete list down to piping, wiring,lights, nuts and bolts!

As you have probably already guessed it's another rip up the floor, ceiling and take everything back to the skeleton of the mud and stone walls , and start afresh with everything!
                    Hopefully in time for Xmas.
                    Tis a huuuuge job!
                    Oh joy....the mess!

Bramble.....you brave bunny.....piccies perchance?
                    "Nicos, Queen of Gooooogle" and... GYO's own Miss Marple

Location....Normandy France

Comment

• Load of chips finally arrived at 1440 and laid by 1640 - great team turned up to assist - driver was superb - we were informed last night by 2 experts on the Committee that there was no way he would get on to the approach road to the site - he reversed right through the big gate and up to exactly where we wanted him and dumped the load from there on back to the gate in 4 heaps. We gave him a tenner to get himself a couple of pints
                      Attached Files
                      Endeavour to have lived, so that when you die, even the undertaker will be sorry - Puddinghead Wilson's Diary

Nutter by Nature

Comment

• The finished job
                        Attached Files

Nutter by Nature

Comment

• First serious frost of the winter here this morning. Out briiiiiiiiiiiight and breeeeeeezy scraping her ladyship's car windscreen and warming her car up ready for her to go to work . The day warmed up quite quickly and it turned out to be another super day

Comment

• Originally posted by Aberdeenplotter View Post
                            First serious frost of the winter here this morning. Out briiiiiiiiiiiight and breeeeeeezy scraping her ladyship's car windscreen and warming her car up ready for her to go to work . The day warmed up quite quickly and it turned out to be another super day
                            What have you done wrong, when you are doing all the above I wish my wife could drive so that I could do the same, at the moment I am in the doghouse, she said we should consider getting a new dishwasher, and all I said was can I pick her, women have no sense of hummer, and I don't have any chuckies to weed . Well I wish you all a good weekend, I hope the weather is the way you want it. Goodnight

Comment

• Evening all...
                              Having a relaxing glass of wine before I go to bed.

Early start in morning as soccer nursery starts for younger kids and my youngest son cannot wait..
                              Will have duties myself but at least the early start means I can hopefully do something gardening related later....
                              I dream of a better tomorrow, where chickens can cross the road and not be questioned about their motives....

...utterly nutterly
                              sigpic

Comment

• A late evening hello from me ...

Hope you enjoyed your glass of wine Trip!

Well I was feeling (still am actually!) pretty exhausted. DH has had a pretty bad week at work this week ~ and long story short, he's been 'pushed sideways' for the good 'of the business'. Seems that 27 years of loyal service amounts to nothing .....
                                Anyway, as always the answer to a bad day/week at work ends in sloshing down too much alcohol.....
                                so I was hoping to sneak off to bed .......sadly he woke up.
                                And now I'm back here on the sofa and can still hear the god awful snoring coming from the bedroom.....

Oh well, I'll be able to have a good read around here for a bit. A cuppa tea is called for I think, if anyone wants to join me...???
                                ~~~ Gardening is medicine that does not need
                                a prescription ... And with no limit on dosage.
                                - Author Unknown ~~~

Comment

Latest Topics

Collapse

Recent Blog Posts

Collapse
                                Working...
                                X