Collapse

This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Afternoon, don't want to start a new thread so thought I would ask here...has anyone/can you make chutney using frozen tomatoes? Got lots in freezer.

Meant to add can I use toms without defrosting? Also should have said they are small Cherry toms.
    Last edited by Jay22; 09-10-2016, 01:54 PM.
    sigpic

Comment

• Why not?
      Personally I'd zap them in the microwave first to speed things up.
      "Nicos, Queen of Gooooogle" and... GYO's own Miss Marple

Location....Normandy France

Comment

• I would certainly give it a go jay,but it will want a longer cooking time to evaporate the excess water,i keep threatening to do the same with strawberries,just not found the thought at the right time,and i have lemons ready hohum,had a 1/2 hour chill out and done some tidy up down the road,feel a bit more refreshed,i think MR gets a bit fed up bless him,but says nothing,he would like me to leave him at home,but no way is he safe to be left that long yet,he had another floor drop tother day,and still does things he hadn't ort to ,the nights are slowly drawing in arn't they,not long to clock change and loose another hour of daylight,wish we could just hibernate till February time,
        sigpicAnother nutter ,wife,mother, nan and nanan,love my growing places,seed collection and sharing,also one of these

Comment

• Thank you Nicos and lottie! I took the toms out of the freezer this morning but they weren't quite defrosted but I'll do as you say lottie and cook a little longer to reduce the excess water!
          You're right lottie not long till the clocks go back! Wish we could just hibernate but think of all the things you would miss...Christmad for one! Hope MR is ok after his tumble lottie!
          sigpic

Comment

• Lovely day at the allotment today but not much work done - arrival of fellow plot holders resulted in it being more of a polybar day
            Endeavour to have lived, so that when you die, even the undertaker will be sorry - Puddinghead Wilson's Diary

Nutter by Nature

Comment

• Evening I often make jams and chutneys with frozen stuff its surprising how much extra boiling time they take with all that added water still turns out fine in the end though.
              Hope Mr LD is Ok after his fall lottie xx
              Location....East Midlands.

Comment

• Evening All!

Made it! Although must admit the way I was feeling at 4am this Morning, really didn't want to venture into work, but done, now looking forward to a little break from the "Stresses n strains" YES!

Originally posted by veggiechicken View Post

Anyway, Deano, hope your man flu is better. Do you have sleepless nights too?
                What you trying to say VC!

Yeah! Miles better today thank You!

I never have "Sleepless Nights" my Oh say's I don't sleep I die!

But as Rary says, comes down to a clear conscience I think!
                "Knowledge is knowing a tomato is a fruit, wisdom is knowing not to put it in a fruit salad"

Comment

• Jay it would not bother me missing Dec 25th,am not mean,but it is really for kids these days,not like years ago,it meant something,with family coming together,these days it's all about must have,and the shops profits,glad your MAN flue has passed Deano,Ref MR's falls,he does not hurt himself as he is inside,that is why i WILL not leave him home alone in case he goes outside,when i am there he tells me,well most of the time that he is going outside,then i just watch from the back ground so to speak,he likes going out the front and chatting to peeps,that is unless he sneaks out and gets up to things not safe for him to do ,just a long slow road,i think about our vine friend Bill and hope the best for him,looking forwards to another episode of Poldark this evening.
                  sigpicAnother nutter ,wife,mother, nan and nanan,love my growing places,seed collection and sharing,also one of these

Comment

• Morning all Think I'm the first one up so I will put the kettle on

Had a busy weekend. Went out for family meal yesterday. Did very well to eat sensibly and resist having a pudding. Hubby is feeling out of sorts and the after effects of eating too much plus he had all my potatoes - so partly my fault, whoops

I am 5lbs lighter in 2 weeks so no way I was going to jeopardise my diet. Only have 1 stone to go now, hope I can do it before Christmas.

Got the annual fair here this week so school is closing early and we will be taking daughter down. Will be lots of temptations but will have to ignore the candy floss and toffee apples this year. I shall have tomato soup while the others scoff fish and chips from the local chippe.

Anyway have a great Monday everyone
                    LOVE growing food to eat in my little town back garden. Winter update: currently growing overwintering onions, carrots, lettuce, chard, salad leaves, kale, cabbage, radish, beetroot, garlic, broccoli raab, some herbs.

Comment

• Morning All

Certainly getting chillier in the mornings, down to 3.8 outside.....hopefully it will slow the weeds!

Got loads of non gardening chores today so plots will have to wait.

Hope you all have a great week

Comment

• Mornin n'all n'all!

Thanks for the tea Marie
                        Looks like we're all up before the birds this morning( apart from the owl outside my window)

Brill news re your diet Marie..that's good going!
                        I lost 2 stone last year- but sadly put half of that back on again.
                        So, I too am hoping to lose that second stone again before Xmas, I just need to get through my OH's burpday this week( 3 days away)...I'll follow your progress Marie with interest.

My plans for today...nothing planned, but loads to choose from- just have Pilates later on.
                        Have a great day peeps

Comment

• Morning all
                          Well done Marie. Not sure I could pass up a toffee apple!
                          No plans for today, depends what other half is doing. He worked yesterday so he might help me today.
                          Have a good day everyone

Comment

• Morning from me and we'll done Marie
                            Nothing planned today, bar work this afternoon.
                            All my flowers are still flowering, first frost will sort that out I'm sure, but it's nice to see the colour in the garden still.
                            The cut down runner beans have all re sprouted, here's hoping a few of them make it to next year lol
                            Getting chillier by the day, so wrap up peeps.
                            Have a lovely day, whatever you're doing
                            Nannys make memories

Comment

• Morning congrats on your weight loss Marie and Nicos like you I've put on a couple of lbs on mines probably because I hurt my knee so I've not been able to exercise those lbs soon jump back on don't they.
                              Sally if you want to save those runner beans pot do what I do and on a couple then leave them in a GH overwinter they soon come back in spring but with more stems some of mine have as many as 5
                              Location....East Midlands.

Comment

• Gosh...that was an unexpected rushed start to the morning!
                                We'd forgotten the Disco had to be in for a service and CT ( MOT) an hour ago

...just made it in time!...now fingers crossed she gets through once the small jobs are done!

Comment

Latest Topics

Collapse

Recent Blog Posts

Collapse
                                Working...
                                X