Collapse

This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Penultimate day of my holiday and I've decided to test their cocktails. I had a tequila sunrise earlier and now I'm testing a daiquiri. I can see the sea (just), I've read the paper, done the crossword and had my lunch which was a bit blurgh.

This hotel/resort closes down completely for 5 months on Monday and the staff are very obviously getting fewer and fewer. The cocktail menu has disappeared, as has the bar with the continuous supply of "champagne". The glasses, plates and cups aren't being collected very often.

However, when I went back to my room yesterday afternoon they'd obviously read my comments on the form I'd completed as there was a kettle for me to make my morning cuppa.

There was a time not long past when you were virtually uncontactable when on holiday and people had to deal with any crisis themselves. I've had to deal with 3 minor ones from here just because I've got a smartphone and iPad.

Oh well, home on Sunday.
    "I prefer rogues to imbeciles as they sometimes take a rest" (Alexander Dumas)
    "It is neccessary to have wished for death in order to know how good it is to live" (also Alexandre Dumas)
    Oxfordshire

Comment

• Hi all - 2nd 20 tons of road planings arrived this afternoon - once again the driver was superb and responded positively to every request so was able to get the vast majority safely stored off the entrance drive and a small amount in the main driveway outside our gates where my grandson Andrew spread them in the hollows on either side. He then enjoyed climbing the heap until I put a temporary deterrent round it until we can do something more robust.
      Attached Files
      Endeavour to have lived, so that when you die, even the undertaker will be sorry - Puddinghead Wilson's Diary

Nutter by Nature

Comment

• Shen did you get that locally?
        sigpic

Comment

• Evening all

I've not had much time for gardening this week, we're redecorating the inside of the house and painting is much easier in daylight. But today I found an hour to sort out this year's crop of sweet pea seeds. I've got 14 varieties now and lots of spare seeds, so when I find another spare hour I'll send some of my favourites to VC to replenish the VSP supply.
          My gardening blog: In Spades, last update 30th April 2018.
          Chrysanthemum notes page here.

Comment

• Originally posted by Jay22 View Post
            Shen did you get that locally?

Jay,

I contacted Hamilton Tarmac Ltd,
            Registered office address
            Unit 4 Liffnock Yard, Hurlford, Ayrshire, KA1 5JE

Initially cost was quoted as £100 per 20 tons which we thought was very cheap at £5 per ton but after the first delivery my contact advised the Boss said we were to get the 2 lots for free.

I gave the driver £10 to get himself a couple of pints on both deliveries as his attitude and helpfulness was 100% and the difficulties we envisaged in gaining access to our site were groundless because of his skill.

I can't recommend them highly enough and will probably order another load next year and be glad to pay the £100 and tip the driver to boot
            Last edited by Sheneval; 14-10-2016, 09:32 PM.
            Endeavour to have lived, so that when you die, even the undertaker will be sorry - Puddinghead Wilson's Diary

Nutter by Nature

Comment

• Thanks Shen. Looking for a load for the track up to our place in South Ayrshire. Will check them out!
              sigpic

Comment

• Originally posted by Jay22 View Post
                Thanks Shen. Looking for a load for the track up to our place in South Ayrshire. Will check them out!
                Good luck - which site are you on?

Nutter by Nature

Comment

• Originally posted by vixylix View Post
                  Deano that is great news - if only I'd realised that in time for the VVS!

Trip - we've just finished binge watching The Night Of - it was fantastic, I'd highly recommend it, although not to anyone with a weak disposition - its very intense!

Hope you all have a fantastic friday!
                  Yep Vixy...loving The Night Of....one more to watch; only thing that bothered me was his transition and speed of same in prison..

Have to help train a gang of 5&6 year old kids in morning, so best not stay up too late!!
                  I dream of a better tomorrow, where chickens can cross the road and not be questioned about their motives....

...utterly nutterly
                  sigpic

Comment

• .....expect everyone's tucked up cosily in bed now .......... just having a night time-can't-sleep-headache-exhaustion-cuppa........ and a browse on here until hopefully, my eyelids can stay open no longer ...........

Oh by the way, I thoroughly enjoyed The Night Of - it was a great steady, slowly building story that kept me gripped from start to end .....well worth a good binge-viewing.......!
                    Last edited by SusieG; 15-10-2016, 01:03 AM.
                    ~~~ Gardening is medicine that does not need
                    a prescription ... And with no limit on dosage.
                    - Author Unknown ~~~

Comment

• Morning all ....... have a great Saturday folks

Just off out with Toby dog, then work for 8am. Then we've got big son and future DIL plus a PUPPY coming to visit us ~ a cockerpoo (or some such...!!!)

Not sure how my best boy will react ~ but knowing Toby, he'll just take no notice of the little ball of fluff after the initial sniffings are over .........
                      ~~~ Gardening is medicine that does not need
                      a prescription ... And with no limit on dosage.
                      - Author Unknown ~~~

Comment

• Morning its just starting to come light here no fog, rain, frost or rain so a good day.
                        Location....East Midlands.

Comment

• Morning all
                          It's mull rally weekend so I'm left to my own devices for most of it as he is off watching cars drive past at high speed. So haven't decided what to do yet, I'm sure it will be useful. Maybe preserving things in jar in some form or another, or making a new blind for the spare bedroom or design my pumpkin carving for lumpys Halloween do !
                          Have a good day everyone.

Comment

• Good morning Really dark here and ready to rain Have a good day
                            Granny on the Game in Sheffield

Comment

• Tis dark, wet and miserable here too...
                              Have to decide whether it is too bad to have a gang of young kids running around in....
                              Indoor plans the way to go for today...
                              I dream of a better tomorrow, where chickens can cross the road and not be questioned about their motives....

...utterly nutterly
                              sigpic

Comment

• Morning!

Crappy weather again here today, will I manage to get ought done outside these few days I have off?

Oh well! Back to seed saving I suppose!

Have a Good Un!
                                "Knowledge is knowing a tomato is a fruit, wisdom is knowing not to put it in a fruit salad"

Comment

Latest Topics

Collapse

Recent Blog Posts

Collapse
                                Working...
                                X