X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Good Morning Dark and drizzling. Have a good day
    Granny on the Game in Sheffield

Comment

• A very Good Mornin' from my dark patch of the east mids .....

Had my 'flu jab at work yesterday, and my arm is quite stiff and sore today ..... I'm not allowed to fuss though, as I see all the 'oldies' waiting in line to have theirs - and they all leave happily nattering to each other, as if they're at the local social-do .....

Have a triffic Tuesday...!
      ~~~ Gardening is medicine that does not need
      a prescription ... And with no limit on dosage.
      - Author Unknown ~~~

Comment

• Triffid Tooosday back at ya.

I'm classed as in the 'at risk' group - asthma, old bird - but I've never had the offered flu jab. I wonder each year, should I, shouldn't I. My concern is, how does it actually help because it's based on old flu info? Or is that not the case?

Today I shall be clearing a 4 X 4m raised bed of a ton of crystal lemon cake plants that produced tons of flowers and fruits, the fruits were too bitter to eat ... the bees were very happy
        Last edited by piskieinboots; 20-09-2016, 05:30 AM.
        aka
        Suzie

Comment

• Good morning,

Grey sky here. Off the the allotment in a bit to start digging over beds and sowing green manure and then transferring plants from the old plot to my new plot. Still not got a clue where I want them to go yet.

Right I need my coffee before I do anything.

Have a good day
          Carrie

Comment

• Mornin Flo'nall !

Drizzle...lovely drizzle!
            I'm so thrilled to see the lawn slowly turning back to green.
            Strange how it goes through an orange stage first.

It does make you wonder...anyone know?....where do the worms etc go when the soil is dry down to at least 18".
            I know worms curl up to retain moisture - but what about insects etc?
            The hens are certainly scratching up loads again...and loving it!

More domestics for me.
            OH got up early and has a bœuf bourguignon in the oven gently cooking away!

Watermelon for brekkies again ..yum...

Flu injection? Yeh, were supposed to have them too. We have the prescription come through the post. We buy it at the chemist then find a local nurse to give it to us.
            Thing is, we often don't bother, although I know we should!

Hope everyone has a great day
            "Nicos, Queen of Gooooogle" and... GYO's own Miss Marple

Location....Normandy France

Comment

• Originally posted by Nicos View Post
              ....Watermelon for brekkies again ..yum...

Flu injection? Yeh, were supposed to have them too. We have the prescription come through the post. We buy it at the chemist then find a local nurse to give it to us.
              Thing is, we often don't bother, although I know we should!
              Same breakfast as most days here - 3-egg cheese omelette with cayenne pepper, cooked in butter.

Interesting on the flu jab! How many times have you had (actual) flu in your adult lifetime? I can only recall three times - that's jolly good odds, erm, I think!
              aka
              Suzie

Comment

• Morning all im off out later and really should be thinking about preparing dinner so there's something on the table for later but I can't be bothered this morning another cup or coffee is required, anyone else need a top up?

Comment

• Mmm...me please Scarlet
                  You can never have too many cups of tea!

Ta muchly...

Comment

• I've had proper flu just once in early childhood and once about 30 years ago.
                    Both times lasting the full 2 weeks.
                    Good odds yes, but once you're vulnerable you really shouldn't run the risk * smacks own wrist.
                    And yup- I'm on the vulnerable list so will be a good girl this year and take my own health seriously!

Comment

• What cheese works best in the omelette Piskie?
                      Or do you vary it?

Comment

• Morning all, been up a while but had a message at 7.20. am from my poorly friend M. She was stuck in her bedroom!
                        Got hubby up and she was rescued in due course, he had to break in though, the lock had seized up.
                        Because the hubby had carers there is a key box outside, thank goodness.
                        Just had breakfast and 2nd cup of tea - phew, what a start
                        Nothing planned today thank goodness
                        Have a great day everyone
                        Last edited by Nannysally99; 20-09-2016, 07:47 AM.
                        Nannys make memories

Comment

• Morning a but dull and misty early one but it soon cleared, today I'm hoping it'll be dry enough to pick my saves pea pods otherwise I'll leave them until later.
                          Nicos I love veg omelettes usually made using leftover veg that we've froze, nice with salad and sourdough bread.
                          Location....East Midlands.

Comment

• Originally posted by Nicos View Post
                            I've had proper flu just once in early childhood and once about 30 years ago.
                            In my case 30 years ago would have been early childhood

Originally posted by Nicos View Post
                            What cheese works best in the omelette Piskie?
                            Or do you vary it?
                            Any that melts
                            it may be a struggle to reach the top, but once your over the hill your problems start.

Member of the Nutters Club but I think I am just there to make up the numbers

Comment

• Morning all,

Nice bright Tuesday morning here.....Has that Autumn feel and smell to it (if you know what I mean)
                              I dream of a better tomorrow, where chickens can cross the road and not be questioned about their motives....

...utterly nutterly
                              sigpic

Comment

• Morning all
                                Doing house work today. haven't started yet, got side tracked already.
                                Have a good day everyone

Comment

Latest Topics

Collapse

Recent Blog Posts

Collapse
                                Working...
                                X