Collapse

This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Morning its dry and windy here so I'm hoping its dried those pea pods I want to save.
    Location....East Midlands.

Comment

• My first and last piece of politic-speak today....

Just heard on R4 - a woman being interviewed in Liverpool, asked how she votes - she said 'how my husband tells me to vote'** ... I checked the date on the calendar.

Same lady was then asked what she thought of Jeremy Corbin .. 'don't like him, can't take to him', says lady. 'So, why do you vote for him?', says journo ....

**See above!

Now to interesting stuff - I missed the garden waste bin collection due to the rain yesterday. I've sorted and planned (for planting) 450 bulbs for new garden.

Happy Humpday Eve
      aka
      Suzie

Comment

• Good Morning Girls, where's all the boys? in Zed I guess. Pretty dank here but quite mild, still in T-Shirt so thats a good sign. Not sure what's in store today, may just have to go and have a look............have a good one whatever you are up to.
        sigpic“Gorillas are very intelligent, but they don't have to be as delicate as chimps -- they can just smash open the termite nest,”
        --------------------------------------------------------------------
        Official Member Of The Nutters Club - Rwanda Branch.
        -------------------------------------------------------------------
        Sent from my ZX Spectrum with no predictive text..........
        -----------------------------------------------------------
        KOYS - King Of Yellow Stickers..............

Comment

• Morning all, been up a while, promise.
          A boring day in store, weather is yuk
          Garden clearance has been started by hubby, looking even barer out there
          May be making a loaf of bread later, but nothing else planned
          Have a good day everyone
          Nannys make memories

Comment

• Morning all, dark cold and wet this morning but resisting putting the heating on...doesn't go on until October, although I think we had it on one night during summer this year!! Getting harder to get up in the morning now it's so dark.
            Domestic duties call today. You would be shocked if you saw the amount of ironing I have!
            Hope you all have a lovely day whatever the weather and hope the knee is better Flo!
            sigpic

Comment

• Happy Tuesday Grapeys from sunshiny SW (I'm fibbing )
              Its another murky day but I'm sure I'll find something to do that doesn't involve housework Its another of my personal challenges!
              Hope you all have a good day that doesn't require heating!

Comment

• Just had a very nice fry up with my tomatoes and chard plus egg and mushrooms. Feeling nice and full now and much warmer than earlier braving it in the garden. Very cold day.

Nice to see 2nd lot of lettuce growing nicely despite the lack of sun. Not sure if the kale is growing yet but the slugs haven't touched it so far. They are still into munching the squash so that is keeping them busy I guess.

Have a nice day all whatever you are up to
                LOVE growing food to eat in my little town back garden. Winter update: currently growing overwintering onions, carrots, lettuce, chard, salad leaves, kale, cabbage, radish, beetroot, garlic, broccoli raab, some herbs.

Comment

• Good afternoon, the weather has been a bit mixed here today had some wind and rain, now nice and calm with sunshine, I note Jay is trying to keep the heating off till October sadly we have had it on several times this month, perhaps I should tell my wife to do some ironing to save on heating------- naw its too risky, it might be switched on when she throws it at me, today I have removed all my baskts now I need to empty them, this year I am going to try keeping my surfina petunias along with begonias and geraniums,. Well I am off to get fed shortly again I could tell her to move a bit quicker and generate some warmth, but I want to eat my meal off a plate with a knife and fork, not a straw. See you later
                  it may be a struggle to reach the top, but once your over the hill your problems start.

Member of the Nutters Club but I think I am just there to make up the numbers

Comment

• A full day at the school - kids planted overwinter onions 100 white, 50 red also divided 2 garlic cloves and planted them. Got them into teams of 2 and had them riddle the soil to remove most if not all of the stones and used the sifted soil and compost to prepare about 1/4 of the fllower bed for planting bulbs next Tuesday. Suggested they should record all they did plus take photographs so they could discuss in class - Head Teacher agreed and issued instructions to the teachers I am enjoying school more than I ever did when I was there as a kid - the enthusiasm displayed today was outstanding - I gave each class a round of applause as they trooped back into the classroom.
                    Last edited by Sheneval; 28-09-2016, 08:34 AM.
                    Endeavour to have lived, so that when you die, even the undertaker will be sorry - Puddinghead Wilson's Diary

Nutter by Nature

Comment

• Hello again, was out at the greenhouse transplanting some pansies, I will keep them in the greenhouse for a couple of weeks then put them outside, hoping to have them flowering in the spring, never tried this before so will see how it goes, the wind is picking up again so moved into the house, and my wife has the heating on, again, I suppose I could tell her to put more clothes on, but that has a habbit of comeing round to not having anything suitable, so I will just accept the heating being on. Well I think I will go and read a book for a time, so I wish you all a good night, for those working tomorrow its half way for VC its Wednesday and when I think on it, I should have known my wife likes it to be hot, after all she did pick me. Goodnight
                      it may be a struggle to reach the top, but once your over the hill your problems start.

Member of the Nutters Club but I think I am just there to make up the numbers

Comment

• Good morning Have a good day
                        Granny on the Game in Sheffield

Comment

• Mornin Flo'nall !
                          Yup...Tis I, Leclerc........I mean Nicos!

Just bobbing in to say hi!

Good grief...how do you all cope with the amount of traffic over here?...such a difference- and so fast too..where did all these boy racers come from?

Apart from that I'm having a great time catching up with family and replenishing my kitchen supplies with comfort food!
                          To my happy surprise Wilcos had chocolate **** tree decorations yup-I nearly said the C word!) so I grabbed a few of those!
                          Eyes and teeth all sorted( spanking new specs!) ....Just a few more family reunions...and then we're heading back chez nous.
                          Not had time to read back much, but hope you're all in good fettle and hugs for those who need them.

Have a great day peeps- and remember.....closing date is this Friday for our competition!
                          Last edited by veggiechicken; 28-09-2016, 07:49 AM. Reason: Too early for the X word
                          "Nicos, Queen of Gooooogle" and... GYO's own Miss Marple

Location....Normandy France

Comment

• Oh...and I've managed to get loads of bags of daffs from Wilcos...full price, but still waaay cheaper than in France!
                            My garden's going to look lovely come Spring!

Comment

• Good grief!
                              Where is everyone?..wake up lazy boneses!

Breakfast is ready...

Comment

• Nicos...!!!! Mornin' and to all ...!!

As usual, I've been up for hours ~ and just sitting down with brekkie, ta Nicos .....

An absolutely amazing sunrise today ...... shades ranging from deep crimson through to the palest apricot blazing through the mottled patches of thin cloud ...... beautiful...! ( should've put this on the 'what makes you stop and look' thread ..!!! )

Have a good day folks!
                                ~~~ Gardening is medicine that does not need
                                a prescription ... And with no limit on dosage.
                                - Author Unknown ~~~

Comment

Latest Topics

Collapse

Recent Blog Posts

Collapse
                                Working...
                                X