This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Morning All

Grey and dank out there today......still musnt grumble, September was in all a lovely month

So much to do over the plots as well, squshes to cut, beans to take down, weeds to remove the list goes on. Not to mention the second plot!

Have a good day whatever you pursuit is

Comment

• Morning its sunny but windy here but not windy enough to blow things over, a bit of shopping to do then I'll be taking down my pea frame and cutting some chard for tea.
      Location....East Midlands.

Comment

• Happy Thursday Grapeys and I can say from Sunshiny SW without crossing my fingers
        Jay, I know what you mean about dogs standing in the rain, just for the heck of it. The puppies enjoy being brushed, fortunately, but their fur is so different its hard to believe they're related. Bess (Cavachon) has very thick, soft and wavy fur, Ted's is short and wiry with soft spaniel ears but Spud is just a ball of curls, really thick and difficult to brush. The rain seems to rest on the surface and not penetrate into his curls.
        Hope Harry appreciates his pamper session
        Not sure whats to do today - the ground is so wet. I'm sure an idea will come to me, meanwhile, its Coffee time.
        Kettle's on .........
        Last edited by veggiechicken; 29-09-2016, 08:07 AM.

Comment

• ^^^^^Start a bog garden

Comment

• By coincidence I've just been "talking" to the watercress who seems to be enjoying the rain!
            In Morries last week, they were selling "Living Salads" of watercress for £1. Bought one. split it into clumps and potted them into a plastic trough that doesn't have enough drainage holes. Its really happy - that's what it told me today

Comment

• Morning folks! It's a cracking sunshiney and warm morning here - I feel guilty about hogging the lovely day as I'm stuck behind the desk.

Ah well. Best get on - these files won't shuffle themselves...

Comment

• Rary, meant to say we had the heating on for an hour last night!
                VC, Harry starts off with nice straight soft fur once he has been groomed, but a couple of minutes in the rain and it's like Spuds, curly and difficult to get a brush through...hence why he hates being brushed!
                GL, I already have a bog garden!
                sigpic

Comment

• Morning all - I'm rifling through my pencil stash to find out what the heck these are:
                  • HB Pencil
                  • 6B Pencil
                  • H Pencil
                  • Scale ruler, with scales 1-20, 1-50 and 1-100
                  ....for my up-coming garden design course starting next Wednesday
                  Last edited by piskieinboots; 29-09-2016, 09:25 AM.
                  aka
                  Suzie

Comment

• Good evening all. Just back from a 4 day break in Prague.
                    Beautiful city, full of atmosphere. Magnificent historical buildings and a fantastic buzz about the whole place due to the ammount of tourists. We were so impressed by it.

And when your back stops aching,
                    And your hands begin to harden.
                    You will find yourself a partner,
                    In the glory of the garden.

Rudyard Kipling.sigpic

Comment

• Good evening Folks, it has not been a nice day here winds and heavy rain, no garden work but did let my wife take me out for a meal, which was very nice, one thing I did note, it was mostly women dining out and that seems to be the norm. all the time, where are all the men, it`s mostly retired men you see in restaurants on week days, and even they are few in number, what happend to equality and Susie the comment about the wind around the sporrans reminded me of a time a friend and I met a couple of young English girls out on the hills, the reason we got chatting to them was I asked to borrow a can opener so that I could feed my dog,( the reason for that is an other story) any way the girls came onto the hills with us and once finished, we landed in a hostillary called the Inverarnen, the girls had made reference several times about expecting to see everyone in kilts, to which they were told that you rarly see men in kilts now adays, into the inn and with us entering the total number of men in the inn was nine, seven in kilts and my friend and I the odd ones out in trousers, the girls finish up down at my house where they were given tea and shortbread, and they shifted the lot, I got none, and they were just wee lassies, if they ever come back it will be mince and tatties they will be fed not my shortbread. I often wonder how they are getting on, the last I heard from one of them was a Christmas card from Australia as she was on her journey around the world I will wish you all a good night, I have been a bit long winded this evening, but its nice to remember the pleasant times, and interesting what can jog the memory, so thanks Susie Goodnight
                      it may be a struggle to reach the top, but once your over the hill your problems start.

Member of the Nutters Club but I think I am just there to make up the numbers

Comment

• Evenin' folks .......aaah, rary, fond memories.......... it's strange sometimes what small thing, a scent, a phrase, a song on the radio or sometimes just a face in the crowd, can jog a long forgotten memory ......

Anyhoo ~ hope you all have a pleasant rest of the evening, nighty night...
                        ~~~ Gardening is medicine that does not need
                        a prescription ... And with no limit on dosage.
                        - Author Unknown ~~~

Comment

• Evening all.

Haven't been around much this week due to work and other miscellaneous things...
                          Still preserving lots of stuff and saving some seeds..
                          Hopefully next week will be quieter..

Just noticed.....
                          .It's FRIDAAAAY
                          I dream of a better tomorrow, where chickens can cross the road and not be questioned about their motives....

...utterly nutterly
                          sigpic

Comment

• Just typical the wind has died down and the rain stopped just now I am going to bed and when I get up in the morning more than likely it will be raining, mind you I will be quite happy to be proved wrong. Goodnight
                            it may be a struggle to reach the top, but once your over the hill your problems start.

Member of the Nutters Club but I think I am just there to make up the numbers

Comment

• Good morning and Happy Friday Have a good day
                              Granny on the Game in Sheffield

Comment

• Mornin' all ...

Have a fantastic Friday ~ hope the weather is kind to you........
                                ~~~ Gardening is medicine that does not need
                                a prescription ... And with no limit on dosage.
                                - Author Unknown ~~~

Comment

Latest Topics

Collapse

Recent Blog Posts

Collapse
                                Working...
                                X