This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Hello Friday - you took your time!

Morning all, busy day here at Warren Plc, Inc, Ltd. Last day of month stuff to get out before one can go out to play.
    aka
    Suzie

Comment

• Morning all, I love Friday, it's the best day of the week to go to work.
      Weather looks dull at the moment, but hopefully will turn out like yesterday. A beautiful afternoon it was.
      We have planted perennials in the new bit of the garden, and a beautiful show they have given us.
      Question is, what now? Do I cut them back? Cover them up?
      Would love some advice please
      Have a lovely day everyone
      Nannys make memories

Comment

• Morning all
        Today I'm going to continue putting up curtains I made yesterday. Ran out of time yesterday, so I'm sat here staring at odd curtains, it's not a good look if I'm honest!
        Also very excited because it's the last day of the VVS which means I can start voting soon . Going to try and pace myself this year not do all my voting in one day
        Have a good day everyone

Comment

• Morning it looks like we're having sunshine for the day
          Can't help with your perennials Sally what I do is to leave mine alone and just cut out any dead parts. not sure if its the right thing to do though.
          Location....East Midlands.

Comment

• Morning All

Gloriously sunny in Hampshire Hope everyone enjoys their Friday.

Hard to believe it's October tomorrow where has this year gone?

Comment

• Morning all.
              Just a quick hello to say i havent left and forgotten you all. MIL is now on borrowed time and in a hospice so its a difficult time for all my loved ones.
              Anyway, hope youve all had a good growing season and are all well, kisses, Jack.

Comment

• Morning All and Jack We've missed you - its been quiet without you. Sorry to hear about your MIL - have a Cwtch and share it with your family.
                I'm off to a Macmillan coffee morning at a neighbours - about a mile up the road. Hope to check out her manure heap while I'm there
                "I'll have black coffee, a slice of cake and a few sacks of manure please"
                Have a good day everyone - I believe its Friday?

Comment

• Big hugs Jack, we've missed you x

Morning all, ive been chopping up some peppers this morning but I think a hot one hot in the mix by mistake touched my face and my eye is burning...not good ive also been peeling these

Bagging up stewed apples ready for later in the year.
                  Attached Files
                  Last edited by Scarlet; 30-09-2016, 08:05 AM.

Comment

• Morning all,

It's FRIDAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAY

Only downside is I have to work tomorrow so boo to that
                    Could be worse I suppose.....

That month (and VVS deadline) flew by and I will not be home til dark tonight and had forgotten to take photos for VVS
                    Might have a few photos on my phone to stick in I hope....best have a goo over today
                    I dream of a better tomorrow, where chickens can cross the road and not be questioned about their motives....

...utterly nutterly
                    sigpic

Comment

• Good morning all. A nice sunny morning although its only 9deg. Off out to choose bathroom fixtures and fittings. Having a whole makeover which I am dreading but needs must and it will be done in a week once the job is started. Just praying for dry days with no mud on my carpets.

And when your back stops aching,
                      And your hands begin to harden.
                      You will find yourself a partner,
                      In the glory of the garden.

Rudyard Kipling.sigpic

Comment

• Afternoon all

So sorry to read about your mother in law, Jack. My thoughts are with you and your family.

My favourite day is Friday too, NannySally. Fridays we always try to go to the local garden centre and have a coffee and a wander round. Something I look forward to because the rest of the week can be very busy and feel hectic so its nice to get a quiet and relaxed time. My daughter likes it because we ban homework on Fridays as well.

Bonus as the sun is out today and that always makes a difference
                        LOVE growing food to eat in my little town back garden. Winter update: currently growing overwintering onions, carrots, lettuce, chard, salad leaves, kale, cabbage, radish, beetroot, garlic, broccoli raab, some herbs.

Comment

• Evening All!
                          Its been a funny old day. Went to the Macmillan coffee morning up the road, ate gooey carrot cake, met a lopsided bunny that had been dumped in a box on the doorstep, chatted to a police inspector about her visit to Graceland, ate Indian semolina cake and came away with a new nickname "Dung beetle" - just because I was interested in manure I don't mind what I'm called as long as those bags of manure are dropped off in my drive
                          Its been raining off and on all day - not the best of days for gardening but a perfect day for eating cake
                          Hope you've all had a good day and are ready for the weekend!

Comment

• Evenin'
                            A lovely mildish(!) sunny Friday ....
                            Picked some of my ripened chillis to photograph for the VVS ~ there's loads more still green and lots of unripe sweet peppers too. Just hope we don't get a cold snap now..!

I was taken out for lunch by DH today ~ a lovely surprise ....
                            Tomorrow is my 'do' from work ~ 50th anniversary Ball ~ so it's a trip to hairdresser to cover up my grey bits and do 'something' with my barnet in the morning ..... then it's going to be like hell on Earth trying to walk in and wear a pair of 'heels' and a long frock tomorrow evening........
                            I think a few glasses of Prosseco may help to numb the pain .....
                            ........so not any garden related stuff for me this weekend...... aah, never mind, there's always next week!

Sorry to hear about MIL Jack x

Have a good weekend, whatever you're planning..!!
                            ~~~ Gardening is medicine that does not need
                            a prescription ... And with no limit on dosage.
                            - Author Unknown ~~~

Comment

• Evening all...

Kids in bed after a movie, so time for a relaxing glass of wine or two before I go to bed myself...Work tomorrow so taking it easy...
                              I dream of a better tomorrow, where chickens can cross the road and not be questioned about their motives....

...utterly nutterly
                              sigpic

Comment

• Mornin n'all n'all!

Yup...I'm baaack....did anyone miss me? ....normal service is resumed!

Good grief...I've just noticed it's October

Not had much of a chance to read back...a week takes a lot of catching up on , so excuse me if I've missed anything

Lottie...yes, I did plant last year's daffs eventually- I think it was end Feb/ early March !!!
                                The Tete a Tete leaves grew to about 3" high, and the flowers about 1"!!
                                Still, the bulbs bulked up well with lots of watering and should do well this coming Spring!

Right...I'm off to have a bit of a catch up ..... Anyone fancy a brew?...I'll leave some hot water in the kettle......
                                "Nicos, Queen of Gooooogle" and... GYO's own Miss Marple

Location....Normandy France

Comment

Latest Topics

Collapse

Recent Blog Posts

Collapse
                                Working...
                                X