Collapse

This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Mornin'!! A lovely cuppa, thanks Nicos ....!
    Don't know what it's doing here, too dark to see ......feels quite cool and heating is on ......
    I'm feeling 'human' again now (must stop this drinking lark, body is telling me it can't cope with it these days!)

Have a good Monday folks..!
    ~~~ Gardening is medicine that does not need
    a prescription ... And with no limit on dosage.
    - Author Unknown ~~~

Comment

• Blue sky is just appearing - it was only two degrees outside first thing, hope it warms up a bit.
      Granny on the Game in Sheffield

Comment

• Morning Ladies, just been to let the chooks out & by it's blooming cold. 5c at the mo but the sun has got its hat on so should hopefully warm up. More clearing to be done today so best get into gear, have a good one whatever you decide to do. To all you in employment, I hope today flies for you.
        sigpic“Gorillas are very intelligent, but they don't have to be as delicate as chimps -- they can just smash open the termite nest,”
        --------------------------------------------------------------------
        Official Member Of The Nutters Club - Rwanda Branch.
        -------------------------------------------------------------------
        Sent from my ZX Spectrum with no predictive text..........
        -----------------------------------------------------------
        KOYS - King Of Yellow Stickers..............

Comment

• Morning all
          It's not to bad out there this morning a bit chilli, a bit breezy but it was looking good half hour ago when the sun was coming up.

More hard pruning of fruit bushes ready for them to get moved. Just found out someone is coming round this afternoon so I have to muck out the house as well !

Have a good day everyone
          Attached Files

Comment

• Morning girls and boys, waiting for the sun to pop out, but I think it will albeit eventually
            Dentist at lunchtime, so much to look forward to lol
            Heard some sad news last night, the guitarist in the rock band we have been dancing to for the last 19 years, had been killed in an accident. Tragic waste of such a talent. Kept me awake a lot last night.
            Anyway, back to today, dentist then work, such excitement.
            Oh, I actually made a loaf for us yesterday. Shared it with our daughter, my half is nearly scoffed ....
            That's exactly why I make it for other people
            Nannys make memories

Comment

• Morning I'm sat watching the Goldfinches eating Teasels must have been 6 of them on one plant. nice the see.

Originally posted by Florence Fennel View Post
              Blue sky is just appearing - it was only two degrees outside first thing, hope it warms up a bit.
              The suns out now Flo but its still cool here.
              Location....East Midlands.

Comment

• Good morning,

Thank you for the birthday wishes I am off out soon to the allotment to finish off digging another bed and planting my fruit bushes. Also I need to plant my onions and garlic. Went garden center yesterday and bought some cabbage, cauli, broccoli and kale(£1 each). So dug a bed over and planted them.

Have a good day
                Carrie

Comment

• Good morning Folks, a nice morning here, not to cold about 5c today I am going to clean out a tub which I had courgetts in and plant some garlic, and also finish my propagating bench and get the tatties going, having a coffee at the moment then going to get into the work,,,,, maybe
                  it may be a struggle to reach the top, but once your over the hill your problems start.

Member of the Nutters Club but I think I am just there to make up the numbers

Comment

• Morning all - off to the allotment soon to finish off planting the overwinter onions and perhaps the garlic if I can find space. :-)
                    Endeavour to have lived, so that when you die, even the undertaker will be sorry - Puddinghead Wilson's Diary

Nutter by Nature

Comment

• Arthurnoon n'all

We're having our first mixed roasted veg of he season tonight...REALLY looking forward to it!

Just the thought of it is making me hungry and I've not long since finished eating me lunch!
                      "Nicos, Queen of Gooooogle" and... GYO's own Miss Marple

Location....Normandy France

Comment

• Another 100 overwinter onion sets planted this afternoon - still 50 red to find a space for.
                        Attached Files
                        Endeavour to have lived, so that when you die, even the undertaker will be sorry - Puddinghead Wilson's Diary

Nutter by Nature

Comment

• Grandson Calum was presented with the Marr College chess trophy 2015-2016 - His is the first name on the trophy which included pupils from 4th, 5th and 6th year - he is currently in 3rd year.
                          Attached Files

Nutter by Nature

Comment

• Well done to Calum You must be very proud Sheneval.

Susie, hope you recover soon! Put some shades on if your head is worse for wear!

Said goodbye to one of my summer squash plants today. I suspect the rest will be going soon as growth has pretty much stopped. We had a good season and I've eaten squash for over 3 months which is good going. Cut my last large marrow off today - not sure if I will get any more of those either. Sad times in the garden

However, lettuce is great. Chard is doing OK. Runner beans seem to be clinging on but there are no more flowers so think this will be the last lot growing.

Looking forward to next Spring already Have a good evening all.
                            LOVE growing food to eat in my little town back garden. Winter update: currently growing overwintering onions, carrots, lettuce, chard, salad leaves, kale, cabbage, radish, beetroot, garlic, broccoli raab, some herbs.

Comment

• Originally posted by Sheneval View Post
                              Grandson Calum was presented with the Marr College chess trophy 2015-2016 - His is the first name on the trophy which included pupils from 4th, 5th and 6th year - he is currently in 3rd year.

Brilliant Shen.

However, for our English/Welsh viewers to understand - the boy must be about 13/14 years old ?

Great stuff.
                              .......because you're thinking of putting the kettle on and making a pot of tea perhaps, you old weirdo. (Veggie Chicken - 25/01/18)

My Youtube Channel - https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCnC..._as=subscriber

Comment

• Originally posted by craftymarie View Post
                                Well done to Calum You must be very proud Sheneval.
                                He has done very well since he first started 2 years ago: - Won Club Junior Championship first year - Gained promotion with Stewarton Club same year. Gained promotion with Troon 'C' second year and was Best 'C' Team player 5.5 out of 6 points. Won School Championship Trophy first year it was played.

I am hoping he will continue to make further progress this year but schoolwork could interfere - in the past we found many kids dropped out of the club when exams became too demanding after they turned 14.

To continue the pessimistic outlook this is of course followed by further education, girls, work, marriage and children.

However, to be more optimistic, as his younger brother has now joined the club and the youngest wants to do so as soon as he reached eight there is every possibility that he will be playing regularly at home thus making it more likely he will continue to play at club level

Nutter by Nature

Comment

Latest Topics

Collapse

Recent Blog Posts

Collapse
                                Working...
                                X