This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Morning All!

All the very best to your Misses Cad, very scary that would have been I'm sure! Do keep us posted, here's to a positive outcome!

Grey n overcast again here, not sure what to do, coffee first I think, oh! Need to fit a new loo seat, heard an almighty clatter last night, only to find my OH on the deck as the both inges gave way,

She's only a petite thing too, so as to be general "Wear n Tear"

I always remember a good friend of mine saying a good few years back, if you have a "Landrover" parked on your drive, and a "soft close" toilet seat, youv'e made it!

So have opted for one of them, seems I am now nearing the realms of higher echelon!

Yeah! Whatever!

"Happy Friday" Folks!
    "Knowledge is knowing a tomato is a fruit, wisdom is knowing not to put it in a fruit salad"

Comment

• Mornin folks yes, ''tis Friday ...... (best wishes to Mrs Cad, hope she's soon on the mend .....get some zzzzz's when you can..!!)

It's a lovely morning here up to press ~ sun is out, a nice temperature for the time of year.......and the aroma of cooking bacon gently wafting into my nostrils ........back soon!
      ~~~ Gardening is medicine that does not need
      a prescription ... And with no limit on dosage.
      - Author Unknown ~~~

Comment

• Morning all.
        Cad, I hope your wife will get well.
        Misty start tl the morning.
        Off out to town shopping. I have three family birthdays coming up and two of them are significant so need to buy gifts. I think it may be a long day as I have a very long list.
        Have a good day all.

And when your back stops aching,
        And your hands begin to harden.
        You will find yourself a partner,
        In the glory of the garden.

Rudyard Kipling.sigpic

Comment

• Best of wishes to your wife, Cadalot. I do hope she will be OK and gets the treatment she needs.

Fairly pleasant day here. I was going to garden but next door has diggers in sorting out her garden and our adjoining fence so it wouldn't be the peaceful experience I was hoping for. Hopefully they will be done sometime next week. Sooner the better.

Spending a very pleasant time indoors instead dreaming/planning a holiday for 2018! My daughter will be away with her school trip for 5 days so I'm thinking it could be the perfect time for hubby and I to finally have a short break for ourselves - looking at the Scottish islands and Isle of Arran in particular. We've both dreamed about visiting these for years.
          LOVE growing food to eat in my little town back garden. Winter update: currently growing overwintering onions, carrots, lettuce, chard, salad leaves, kale, cabbage, radish, beetroot, garlic, broccoli raab, some herbs.

Comment

• Thanks for the kind thoughts and wishes, Update on Mrs C the nurse finally telephoned looked at the notes on her computer and suggested Paracetamol on top of the Nurofen Melts she has been taking and to review recovery over the next 2-3 days and let them know how she is Monday as there are notes on her file re being referred back to the Neurology team if this problem lasts longer than 2 - 3 days with bedrest and not coming downstairs.

She is no longer whimpering like a wounded animal when she walks but she has got stuck on the loo a couple of more times, but not for as long as last night and no crying with pain.

I have been out and done the rounds of the mobility shops and found a toilet extender that raises the loo and additional 100mm high to Building Regulations Part M disabled type height, which we have plan for if and when we can find a contractor who can actually supply a quote for the works

6 contractors have looked at it over the last six weeks and we are yet to get a single quotation back!!!

Having a cup of coffee, then need to take a brochure on mobility aids back to the chemist as he lent them to me so I could research and decide if we needed a 50mm 75mm of 100mm thick extension and he would order one in for us if we could not find one anywhere else today.
            Last edited by Cadalot; 21-10-2016, 01:56 PM.
            sigpic
            . .......Man Vs Slug
            Click Here for my Diary and Blog
            Nutters Club Member

Comment

• Cad, sorry to hear about Mrs Cad The Red Cross lend mobility aids, if that helps. My Mum has a raised toilet seat in a frame with arms so that she can push up with her arms to lift herself off the seat. Don't know if they would help?

http://www.redcross.org.uk/What-we-d.../Mobility-aids
              Last edited by veggiechicken; 21-10-2016, 02:39 PM.

Comment

• Originally posted by veggiechicken View Post
                Cad, sorry to hear about Mrs Cad The Red Cross lend mobility aids, if that helps. My Mum has a raised toilet seat in a frame with arms so that she can push up with her arms to lift herself off the seat. Don't know if they would help?
                They actually supplied a high level chair for us when Mrs C first crashed about 4 years ago before we found out about all her problems and she needed to go on a nippy ventilator at night to expel the Co2 that was building up in her system as the muscles in her lungs are not working properly, and the muscles all over her body are gradually following suit.

I returned the chair to them just before they closed the Reigate Branch which was then our nearest.

We are looking at buying one of those chairs that tip / assist the person out of it when we have decorated the front room.
                Last edited by Cadalot; 21-10-2016, 02:46 PM.
                sigpic
                . .......Man Vs Slug
                Click Here for my Diary and Blog
                Nutters Club Member

Comment

• Sounds like the illness is chronic Cad - I'm sorry that your wife is having to suffer. I hope you can soon sort out the aids you both need in place to cope with it and that her pain subsides. There are some brave people out there and you and your wife are obviously in that category.
                  Granny on the Game in Sheffield

Comment

• Cad. try help the aged, and no its not just the elderly that can get help from them.

Good afternoon Folks, it has been a nice day here after the cloud and mist cleared, I took my wife to a Garden Center as she wanted to buy me a coffee, on the way back home went for some petrol, boy the price has shot up, and thats all I am saying about that incase I get sent to the rant thread. I am going out to a neighbours tonight, Ithink he wants tp ply me with drink, so I will have to go and get a big cocacola bottle and give it a wash out, then fill it with water, you cant go empty handed can you, I might be back on later if I can work out what keys I need to press, oh, and if my door key still works, naw she wouldnt lock the door on me.... I hope

and VC it wasnt mine Iwas thinking about
                    it may be a struggle to reach the top, but once your over the hill your problems start.

Member of the Nutters Club but I think I am just there to make up the numbers

Comment

• I've spent most of the day outdoors, took down GH cucs and chopped of some tom leaves that were looking ratty, then did a general garden tidy.

Cad it sounds like those different mobility aids are going to make a big difference to Mrs Cad's day.
                      Location....East Midlands.

Comment

• Cad,so sorry to hear about your poor wife,when things happen to them it also happens to you,as has been said,ask age concern,also your council as to regards your alterations and the possibility of them contributing to it,huggs to you both and good wishes
                        sigpicAnother nutter ,wife,mother, nan and nanan,love my growing places,seed collection and sharing,also one of these

Comment

• Just reading about these aids you need for your wife Cad....do the NHS not supply these things in England? Before my dad came home from hospital the occupational therapist visited and decided what he needed and all were duly delivered! Raised toilet seat with handles to help him up, a seat for the shower and a few more things including a handrail at the back door...all free. I'm shocked you can't get the things you need for your OH. Wishing you both well.
                          sigpic

Comment

• Jay,you found the words i could not,the NHS in our area is NRS aka nottingham rehab supplies,so there must be something in Cad's area,all these little things help a lot.

Am off to bed shortly,had a good afternoon at the plots,i had me a fire and got rid of a lot off uncompostable weeds and old rubbish wood,no one else wanted,i stunk,so a shower and clothes in the washer PDQ when i got home,so i feel nicely content,shhhhhhhhhhhhhh,i should keep me trap shut,on that note sweet dreams.
                            sigpicAnother nutter ,wife,mother, nan and nanan,love my growing places,seed collection and sharing,also one of these

Comment

• Good morning/evening Folks, just back home had agoodcl nightmare neighbours went out the back garden and had a fire with a couple bottles of the water of life, don't make a noise in the morning I will be having a long lie in I hope going to bed some one keeps moving this key board. Goidnight
                              it may be a struggle to reach the top, but once your over the hill your problems start.

Member of the Nutters Club but I think I am just there to make up the numbers

Comment

• Mornin n'all n'all
                                Just listening to a pair of tawney owls- what a lovely thing to wake up to!
                                ...except it's nearly 8am (for me),still dark, and very misty....feels more like 4am!
                                Clocks change next weekend though don't they?

Anyone an exciting weekend planned?
                                "Nicos, Queen of Gooooogle" and... GYO's own Miss Marple

Location....Normandy France

Comment

Latest Topics

Collapse

Recent Blog Posts

Collapse
                                Working...
                                X