X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Welcome back Hazel!

Good hols?

Kittens...we want piccies of kittens!!!!

* no pressure you understand
    "Nicos, Queen of Gooooogle" and... GYO's own Miss Marple

Location....Normandy France

Comment

• Originally posted by Nicos View Post
      Welcome back Hazel!

Good hols?

I read this then jumped to Hazels post somehow "So I've bought some from A1di" for a minute I thought you'd bought some kittens from A1di I really must pay more attention.
      Location....East Midlands.

Comment

• Who has kittens...have I missed something?
        sigpic

Comment

Welcome back Hazel!

Good hols?

Hold on!! Only got back from the airport at silly-o'clock yesterday morning - I can't conjure kitties up just like that!

Originally posted by Bren In Pots View Post
          I read this then jumped to Hazels post somehow "So I've bought some from A1di" for a minute I thought you'd bought some kittens from A1di I really must pay more attention.
          Haha!

Originally posted by Jay22 View Post
          Who has kittens...have I missed something?
          Not yet, Jay. Although my lovely deep cleaned and de-cluttered house is READY for kitties, I haven't actually got new four legged friend(s) yet.

Mind you, I'm seeing my accountant tomorrow, who just happened to mention last month that his mate & wife foster cats, and they have kittens to re-home, if I was interested ....

Comment

• Evening All!

Originally posted by Deano's "Diggin It" View Post
            Ya know what! Having posted a few days back not having sleepless nights! I take it all back!

Just not settling!

Maybe having to be back the helm in the early hours, who knows!

Right! off to dream of pure white peonies n roses! Sleep tight "Peep's"
            Having posted that last night, no less than 5 minutes after, youngest Daughter came home in a right state, "My hairs falling out n I don't feel well at all" think I have the Big C!

Megan! Calm down! Your hairs falling out coz ya die it far too much, which I have told you about before, and your coming out from a back end of a cold we have all had! That time of year unfortunatly!

Got her in for bloods today, n so much the "Merrier" and just hit me for another "Tenner" to get her favourite "Take Away" so can't be that ill!

Just knew summat wasn't right! Mysterious things, Mysterious ways as they say!

Now need to see who offers pure whit "Peonies" on line!
            "Knowledge is knowing a tomato is a fruit, wisdom is knowing not to put it in a fruit salad"

Comment

• Just thought I would mention lunch was two Warburton soft rolls with BACON
              sigpic
              . .......Man Vs Slug
              Click Here for my Diary and Blog
              Nutters Club Member

Comment

• Nice sunny day at the allotment today - I spent some time sitting in the polybar reading a book I bought at Berwick on Tweed last week when I took my middle grandson on a train trip since he had a few extra days off after his brothers returned to school. I found quite a bit of new information in this book a section of which recommends polystyrene cups be used for seed sowing and that they should be cut in such a fashion as to improve airflow as this encourages root growth resulting in there being no check when transplanting. I have just cut 50 in the suggested manner so roll on springtime
                Endeavour to have lived, so that when you die, even the undertaker will be sorry - Puddinghead Wilson's Diary

Nutter by Nature

Comment

• Originally posted by Sheneval View Post
                  I found quite a bit of new information in this book a section of which recommends polystyrene cups be used for seed sowing and that they should be cut in such a fashion as to improve airflow as this encourages root growth resulting in there being no check when transplanting. I have just cut 50 in the suggested manner so roll on springtime
                  That sounds like a plan - can you post a photo, Shen?

Comment

• Cad...you rubbin it in mate?

* sips a most BEAUTIFUL glass of wine costing less than £2 a bottle!!

hhhmmm...I may pour another glass...care to join me?...oh darn- you can't can you?

Ha!

Comment

• Hazel?...tomorrow???

Oh yeeessss !

No pressure gal!

( joking aside- you need to get the right ones for you and your home.)

Comment

• We've got a lodger again. I used to get grandchildren, now I just get the dog (who enjoyed his home made meat pie today). Looking forward to seeing kittens
                        Granny on the Game in Sheffield

Comment

• Originally posted by Hazel at the Hill View Post
                          That sounds like a plan - can you post a photo, Shen?
                          Hazel,

Will provide pics but here is brief description in advance - punch 3x 3/8th, (or similar), holes round the bottom of cup.

Using a 'very sharp' knife, slice from each of the holes to just under the rim of the cup.

Between each of these cuts, make cuts just under the rim of the cup in the opposite direction down to about halfway.

Pinch out the edges of the holes on the bottom.

The purpose of these cuts is to encourage feeder roots all over the root ball and creating these air vents apparently does just this, whereas using normal pots or even peat pots does not.

However, I am going to extend my experiment by doing something similar to peat pots as I am not convinced by the author's summary dismissal of these as having no potential to provide similar results if treated the same way?

Getting rid of all the little bits of polystyrene requires keeping a small bag handy as they stick to everything especially hands - I used the craft knife to pick a lot of them up and dispose of same.

(To make the cuts I used a craft knife I also bought at Berwick on Tweed for my son in law to work on my grandson's model Railway only to find he had just bought one himself on the same day so I kept mine and put it to good use).
                          Endeavour to have lived, so that when you die, even the undertaker will be sorry - Puddinghead Wilson's Diary

Nutter by Nature

Comment

BACON!!!!!!.....STOP IT!!!!!!..
                            You lot can be soooo unkind to a lass!
                            Who's the lass Nicole have you got someone staying with you?
                            A nice day here, did some tidying up in the garden, it was either that or cleaning the Windows, it was such a hard decision to make but I thought I better doing the tidy up, but I bet I don't get that choice again, I heard her shout "what are you doing today" so out the house like a shot and upend a pot and started to brush up when she came out to ask again and saw that I was busy, " oh I wanted you to clean the Windows" but seeing I was busy said she would do them herself later on I was out a walk with the dog and pulled some crab apples from a tree, and they were very tasty I will need to try taking some cuttings off it. Well I wish you all a good night, and I have some ham (bacon) in the fridge for a piece tomorrow morning, though I might have it before I go to bed. Goodnight
                            it may be a struggle to reach the top, but once your over the hill your problems start.

Member of the Nutters Club but I think I am just there to make up the numbers

Comment

• ^^^^^ tsk!

Comment

• I had a pleasant, if energetic, morning round the sister-in-laws, scarifying and aerating the lawn before top-dressing with a mixture of spent compost, sand, bone meal and grass seed. Then a less pleasant afternoon hanging around the hospital waiting for six-monthly consultant chat and the inevitable long queue for a blood test.

I'm looking forward to a day down the allotment tomorrow, to do some more clearing up and plant out my overwintering onion seedlings.
                                My gardening blog: In Spades, last update 30th April 2018.
                                Chrysanthemum notes page here.

Comment

Latest Topics

Collapse

Recent Blog Posts

Collapse
                                Working...
                                X