• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Morning all,

It's FRIDAAAAAAAAAAAAY
    ...and not just any Friday, but a Bank Holiday weekend FRIDAAAAAY

Hope everyone is keeping well....

Lots to do this weekend including training approx twenty five 5 & 6 year old children tomorrow morning; should be "fun"
    I dream of a better tomorrow, where chickens can cross the road and not be questioned about their motives....

...utterly nutterly
    sigpic

Comment

• Originally posted by Greenleaves View Post
      Hate to think how many legs the chairs have SP
      sigpic“Gorillas are very intelligent, but they don't have to be as delicate as chimps -- they can just smash open the termite nest,”
      --------------------------------------------------------------------
      Official Member Of The Nutters Club - Rwanda Branch.
      -------------------------------------------------------------------
      Sent from my ZX Spectrum with no predictive text..........
      -----------------------------------------------------------
      KOYS - King Of Yellow Stickers..............

Comment

• Originally posted by Sheneval View Post
        ........ plus a bag of electric/computer cables collected over years.
        Have you found a use for these? After my Big Cat Deep Clean I have a box of misc cables too - the charity shop don't want them, and it seems wrong just to chuck 'em in the bin.

Comment

• Sorry - where are my manners? Morning all!

In the hope of the promised nice weather today, I have washing hung on the line - although it's just sitting there in the gloom at the mo. Never mind - at least it will have seen a bit of fresh air, even if it doesn't get much drier.

Right - the files in the In Tray won't shuffle themselves...

Comment

• Mornin n'all n'all!
            Late start for me.....I've been trying to research baths on t'internet.
            The ones over here seem pretty rubbish with only a 2 year guarantee ...so, me bring me- with gooogle at my finger tips- am training myself up to be an expert on baths , before I finally choose the one I want!

OH is in charge of the shower ....and I'm in charge of the bath

So...I have a question!
            Does anyone have a double ended bath?
            I could do with advice on where the plug hole goes
            Some are at the side of the base, and others are smack in the middle...wouldn't that style end up just where you wouldn't want it when you slouch down?( remember I like to have a darned good , long soak after gardening )
            Is that a potential 'ouch' moment?

Buying on line means I can't jump in and see...
            "Nicos, Queen of Gooooogle" and... GYO's own Miss Marple

Location....Normandy France

Comment

• Nicos - surely it depends on the plug?!

I've always wanted a bath with the taps in the middle, I've never thought about where the plug hole would go! Keep us posted with your newly obtained knowledge.

Happy friday everyone else - 3 hours and 7 minutes until freedom!

Comment

• I thought the point of a double ended bath was to share it, so a plughole in the middle is fair!
                The plughole in my funnyshaped bath is smooth - it doesn't have big rings and knobs on - however, it is under the taps and I've never sat on it!

Comment

• Double ended baths aren't for lying down............................I'm sure Potty will put us right but I think the plughole is to the side of the bath under the taps.
                  Last edited by Bigmallly; 28-10-2016, 03:10 PM.
                  sigpic“Gorillas are very intelligent, but they don't have to be as delicate as chimps -- they can just smash open the termite nest,”

Comment

• Ah memories, a shared bath though I always seemed to be at the end with the taps, well thats where I started, now we dont even have a bath and OH is not very environmentaly friendly, as she won`t share a shower, and we have one every day. Hazel why dont you use the old cables as plant ties, its better than just throwing them in the bin, I also noted that vixy was counting the hours till the weekend started, I am counting the hours also, but not with the same enthusiasm as we are watching two of the grandsons from early tomorrow morning till Sunday, I wonder if I could take them home about eight on Sunday morning and say I forgot the clocks went back no I am looking forward to them staying as they are no bother and Gran alway has a treat for them, and I get included. Well enjoy your weekend, I hope the weather is kind to you and you are able to get what ever gardening work you want to do completed. Goodnight
                    it may be a struggle to reach the top, but once your over the hill your problems start.

Member of the Nutters Club but I think I am just there to make up the numbers

Comment

• Originally posted by Hazel at the Hill View Post
                      Have you found a use for these? After my Big Cat Deep Clean I have a box of misc cables too - the charity shop don't want them, and it seems wrong just to chuck 'em in the bin.
                      Hazel, Afraid not - I took them to the recycling centre in the hope that they could be eventually re-used but they told me just to thrown them in the skip - I have just cleared another cupboard so have more to dispose of plus numerous bags of paper and magazines. However, it is really pleasing to see the difference - time to start on the drawers
                      Endeavour to have lived, so that when you die, even the undertaker will be sorry - Puddinghead Wilson's Diary

Nutter by Nature

Comment

• Boat bath, freestanding tap over middle,plug hole in middle. No sharp edges!
                        My Majesty made for him a garden anew in order
                        to present to him vegetables and all beautiful flowers.- Offerings of Thutmose III to Amon-Ra (1500 BCE)

Diversify & prosper

Comment

• A good Friday Evenin' all

Not been around for a while (....if anyone had noticed!!)
                          Hope all is well on planet Grape! And anyone who needs a hug/smile/condolence/congrats ~ sorry to have missed you ......

It's been (and continues to be) mega stressful at work ......the new computer system is taking its toll on us all. The work load is backing up, relentlessly and no matter how many extra hours we put in, it's not enough ......

Anyhoo..... I have four full days away from it all now. Must check in on chillis and peppers in GH, hopefully they've not curled up and died on me...!!

I had a 'sighting' of my silent friend Owliver on Tuesday morning while walking Toby. It was still dark and I was alerted to something moving in the field. I stopped, switched off the torch, and the next moment he was flying at some speed, and soundlessly toward me, then as he was right above me he flew off into the trees. It was amazing!

I did manage to find the time last Sunday to plant my onion sets and garlic and clear away the runner bean frame/plants ....there were surprisingly a lot of beans still on. The tromboncino too had three hidden fruits for me.
                          (Still nothing from my saffron corms disappointingly, Sparrow )

Hope the power of her new appointment as MOD hasn't gone to SP's head (or pointy stick hand!!!)

Have a great weekend all, whatever your plans!
                          ~~~ Gardening is medicine that does not need
                          a prescription ... And with no limit on dosage.
                          - Author Unknown ~~~

Comment

• Originally posted by SusieG View Post
                            Not been around for a while (....if anyone had noticed!!)
                            I noticed but dint want to say owt in case the tongues started wagging......................

Comment

• Originally posted by Nicos View Post
                              I'm in charge of the bath
                              Hi Nicos,

when we ordered our bath throughour local plumber,wegot the option to have it reinforced which we did.

Ours is one of these p shaped things with shower over. We had the option of taps in the middle and even filling through the overflow. Didn't go for either of these options.

Good luck with your new bath though. It's an important bit of kit. We were restricted by the amount of space available as our bathroom is really small.

Comment

• Evening all. Customer's fallen birch branch safely taken down and logged and all logs nicely stacked to dry off. We also had to take down part of a mature gene(wild cherry) which we discovered was dangerously split. It fell over with the saw only an inch into the timber so that will give you an idea of how precarious that was.

Customer told me afterwards that she is in a tree preservation area .

Hope some do gooder hasn't been on the power saw police. I don't expect any problems though. Customer took photos showing the damaged branches.

Comment

Latest Topics

Collapse

Recent Blog Posts

Collapse
                                Working...
                                X