Collapse

This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Super turnout for my talk and although they were mostly middle aged to old, they seemed to enjoy my talk. Difficult to know how to pitch a talk to that kind of audience but between my prepared script and a generous smattering of ad-libs, it got me through. Next one will be a different kettle of fish, that will be to a group of exhibition growers.

Comment

• Originally posted by JanieB View Post
      I have Bell's Palsy does anyone on here know anything about it that I can't pick up on t'internet. Background is I had a trip to hospital with suspected stroke

Sorry to hear your feeling poorly Janie. Same thing happened to my friend. Suspected stroke and Bellspalsy on one side of her face. With treatment and facial exercise you would never know anything had happened to her.
      Hope youre on the mend soon.

And when your back stops aching,
      And your hands begin to harden.
      You will find yourself a partner,
      In the glory of the garden.

Rudyard Kipling.sigpic

Comment

• Can't help I'm afraid but hope you get better soon JanieB.

How did it go Hazel - will you be hearing the patter of furry paws soon?

Off to lidl, eldest has asked to come - suspect baguettes are going to be bought.....
        Another happy Nutter...

Comment

• First round of the Coronelli Trophy at Troon Chess Club tonight - managed to win after battling for nearly 3 hours and a marathon 78 moves - bath and bed sounds good
          Endeavour to have lived, so that when you die, even the undertaker will be sorry - Puddinghead Wilson's Diary

Nutter by Nature

Comment

• Originally posted by happyhumph View Post
            How did it go Hazel - will you be hearing the patter of furry paws soon?
            I have my 'home visit form' completed and ready to take with me to exchange for furry paws of my choice.

Need to reflect just to make sure I'm doing a sensible thing - easy to pick a cutie kitten cat, but the commitment and cost for 17-odd years of your life (if my lovely Domino cat is anything to go by) means this is not to rush at.

(*translation: as the cat fosterers can't be called until after 2pm tomorrow, I am having to sit on my hands.)

Originally posted by Sheneval View Post
            First round of the Coronelli Trophy at Troon Chess Club tonight - managed to win after battling for nearly 3 hours and a marathon 78 moves - bath and bed sounds good
            hat's off to you, Shen - and I thought I'd had it tough at the track tonight, doing interval work which was essentially a 3 mile sprint. Well done on the win, though.

Comment

• We need pics of the new arrival when they are settled hazel. Might not be a good idea to get grapes involved with names though - who knows what the poor cat might end up being called?!
              Another happy Nutter...

Comment

• Mornin n'all n'all

Yup, Tis stupid o'clock but I can't sleep!
                Anyone fancy a cuppa?...I'm going to need to find my slippers-we have a tiled floor and it's flippin freezing!
                Just checking the weather and it looks frosty out there...-2C according to the forecast...but it looks colder.

So...tea anyone?...
                Last edited by Nicos; 03-11-2016, 04:04 AM.
                "Nicos, Queen of Gooooogle" and... GYO's own Miss Marple

Location....Normandy France

Comment

• Morning All Hope your cuppa has warmed you up Nicely Nicos. Have a good day ooh nipping back - something going on at the Hill?
                  Granny on the Game in Sheffield

Comment

• Good news Hazel Janie I had Bell's Palsy last year - decreasing course of steroids cured it Hope you're soon back to normal
                    Granny on the Game in Sheffield

Comment

• Morning all. Tired today, youngest had a bad nights sleep which means I get a bad nights sleep. Still, it's a nice day so all is ok. Eldest has first piano lesson this afternoon & is v excited about it!

Have somehow invited people round for bonfire night - have fireworks, now have to think about food....
                      Another happy Nutter...

Comment

• Good morning Folks, raining here at present and busy feeding grandchildren at present, then when we drop them off at school we are going shopping so not a very good day just now, see you later enjoy your day
                        Last edited by rary; 03-11-2016, 03:20 PM.
                        it may be a struggle to reach the top, but once your over the hill your problems start.

Member of the Nutters Club but I think I am just there to make up the numbers

Comment

• Morning all, bright but chilly outside. Heatings on, slippers are out brrr
                          Off to see Daughter and the GG this afternoon. We have been back from Holiday a week and I gave up trying to contact her and summoned her father to phone her. That always works
                          Before that it's a visit to our poorly friend from work. She had a relapse last week, but is home from hospital and ready for visitors.
                          Have a lovely day everyone, wrap up warm
                          Nannys make memories

Comment

• Originally posted by Hazel at the Hill View Post
                            Need to reflect just to make sure I'm doing a sensible thing - easy to pick a cutie kitten cat, but the commitment and cost for 17-odd years of your life (if my lovely Domino cat is anything to go by) means this is not to rush at.

(*translation: as the cat fosterers can't be called until after 2pm tomorrow, I am having to sit on my hands.)
                            Good luck - hope you get a goody - as you say a big commitment but they give a great return

Originally posted by Hazel at the Hill View Post
                            hat's off to you, Shen - and I thought I'd had it tough at the track tonight, doing interval work which was essentially a 3 mile sprint. Well done on the win, though.
                            Thanks Hazel - Longest game I've had in a very long time - I very rarely have much more than half an hour on my clock - very complicated - ended up playing it over and over in my head into the small hours but result still came out the same
                            Last edited by Sheneval; 03-11-2016, 08:12 AM.
                            Endeavour to have lived, so that when you die, even the undertaker will be sorry - Puddinghead Wilson's Diary

Nutter by Nature

Comment

• Hi Vines a big yellow ball has appeared in the sky again today. Must resist going to the allotment, Must Resist going to the allotment, Must...... If the opportunity is there it will happen.
                              sigpic
                              . .......Man Vs Slug
                              Click Here for my Diary and Blog
                              Nutters Club Member

Comment

• Morning all, wet here so a bit 'warmer' today.
                                Good news Hazel as you say animals are a huge commitment but worth it! If you decide to go ahead and adopt a kitty remember to post some piccies.
                                Right I've been sitting here long enough, better go get something done. Have a great day shopping rary!
                                sigpic

Comment

Latest Topics

Collapse

Recent Blog Posts

Collapse
                                Working...
                                X