Collapse

This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Afternoon all, it's a nice fresh sunny day here.

We got back home late last night, had to defrost the car before driving back from Gatwick airport. So it was definitely nippy.

So today's been a catching up day. Nothing much has happened since the weekend except my sweet peas have germinated. All bar one variety but I was thinking of abandoning that one anyway because of its racist name: "White Supreme". The RHS advises growing sweet peas hard, so instead of keeping them in the cold greenhouse I'm going to leave them outside this year unless the weather turns really nasty.

Meanwhile welcome back HH and hope it all works out with Kitty McKitface, Hazel.
    My gardening blog: In Spades, last update 30th April 2018.
    Chrysanthemum notes page here.

Comment

• Kitty McKitface I think it is Hazel! Great name Martin

Eldest at first piano lesson - kind grandma person in a cosy room with a warm fire - maybe I can pay her just to sit in her room and have a cuppa & a chat

Just around the corner but only half an hour so about 15 minutes at home before collecting.
      Another happy Nutter...

Comment

• Still raining, and boys are playing with their Xboxes so not too much pressure watching them today, Gran. has two and I have the older two at their home so goes for an easier life, won't be doing anything garden wise today as I have to go to a meeting tonight, and Jay, good day and shopping, are not words that I would say together. Well enjoy your evening Folks, and for those who work normal weeks (and VC) tomorrow is Friday, so not long till the weekend
        it may be a struggle to reach the top, but once your over the hill your problems start.

Member of the Nutters Club but I think I am just there to make up the numbers

Comment

• Yipppppeeeeee - Looks like I have just bagged myself 40 paving slabs for the allotment off freecycle
          sigpic
          . .......Man Vs Slug
          Click Here for my Diary and Blog
          Nutters Club Member

Comment

• Originally posted by happyhumph View Post
            Eldest at first piano lesson - kind grandma person in a cosy room with a warm fire - maybe I can pay her just to sit in her room and have a cuppa & a chat

Just around the corner but only half an hour so about 15 minutes at home before collecting.
            HH hope your daughter enjoyed the first of her lessons both our daughters played the piano and like we were lucky enough to have a teacher that lived local.

Congrats on your free pavers Cad
            Location....East Midlands.

Comment

• Originally posted by Bren In Pots View Post
              Congrats on your free pavers Cad
              Thanks I'm well chuffed
              Last edited by Cadalot; 03-11-2016, 07:17 PM.
              sigpic
              . .......Man Vs Slug
              Click Here for my Diary and Blog
              Nutters Club Member

Comment

• I've just TRIED changed my Avatar - I think!

The poppy is in honour of all the animals that did / do their jobs in military conflicts.

Nope.....................not worked so I shall try again....................
                Last edited by Lumpy; 03-11-2016, 08:05 PM.
                I have not failed. I've just found 10,000 ways that won't work. Thomas A. Edison

Outreach co-ordinator for the Gnome, Pixie and Fairy groups within the Nutters Club.

Comment

• Nope no joy there then.......................it would have been this...........

Attached Files
                  I have not failed. I've just found 10,000 ways that won't work. Thomas A. Edison

Outreach co-ordinator for the Gnome, Pixie and Fairy groups within the Nutters Club.

Comment

• It seems there is a glitch at the moment Lumpy...you're not the only one having problems.
                    Hopefully we'll have this sorted we'll before the festive season!

Speaking of festive season.....I had my first Xmas card today!
                    Yeh....I nearly fell off my chair too!
                    "Nicos, Queen of Gooooogle" and... GYO's own Miss Marple

Location....Normandy France

Comment

• Originally posted by Lumpy View Post
                      I've just TRIED changed my Avatar - I think!

The poppy is in honour of all the animals that did / do their jobs in military conflicts.

Nope.....................not worked so I shall try again....................
                      Lovely lumpy, that's one of the reasons I grow purple Poppy's

Comment

• Is that the Himalayan poppy?
                        "Nicos, Queen of Gooooogle" and... GYO's own Miss Marple

Location....Normandy France

Comment

• good evening, just sitting here wondering what to do, at this time of year it always feels like you are at a loose end with nothing to do, (and with that statement there is no way I am going to show my wife how to access the Vine) I hunted all over the garden today to find a dandelion plant, and once I found one I potted it on to grow it in the greenhouse, I have also read the Onions from Seed Thread again, I find that quite an insperational Thread, thanks to Potty for starting it and AP for supplying so much information on growing onions, I am now thinking about starting off the Mamoth seeds about mid December, so will start getting things ready. Well good night to you all, and just for information, a question to the Mods., can a thread be deleted by the contributor at a later date, I am asking this question purly on the interests of matrimonial harmony. Goodnight
                          it may be a struggle to reach the top, but once your over the hill your problems start.

Comment

• Festive..................................banned through lack of interest!

Not sure what the poppy is but I really like the idea of one for the animals that have suffered, died or served because of conflict.
                            Last edited by Lumpy; 03-11-2016, 09:12 PM.

Comment

• Originally posted by rary View Post
                              can a thread be deleted by the contributor at a later date, I am asking this question purly on the interests of matrimonial harmony. Goodnight
                              A post can be deleted by you anytime rary but a Thread can only be deleted by a Mod.
                              Last edited by Bigmallly; 03-11-2016, 10:01 PM.
                              sigpic“Gorillas are very intelligent, but they don't have to be as delicate as chimps -- they can just smash open the termite nest,”
                              --------------------------------------------------------------------
                              Official Member Of The Nutters Club - Rwanda Branch.
                              -------------------------------------------------------------------
                              Sent from my ZX Spectrum with no predictive text..........
                              -----------------------------------------------------------
                              KOYS - King Of Yellow Stickers..............

Comment

• Thanks BM should have been post that I asked about

Comment

Latest Topics

Collapse

Recent Blog Posts

Collapse
                                Working...
                                X