This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by Aberdeenplotter View Post
    Niceyou are toasty Snadge . It was really really cold overnight here. Got up to the loo in the early hours and thought we may need to run the heating at low overnight if that is going to be a flavour of what's to come.

Our heating needs a tweak anyway. The thermostat is in the hall which isn't very big and is always toasting. However, the thermostat switches off before the rest of the house is cosy. Thinking we may need to fit a thermostat to the hall radiator to keep the temperature there down a bit. Seems a bit of an easy fix to me but maybe too simple. Potty, where are you?
    Theoretically, if you have/fit thermmostatic radiator valves you should be able to ajust the temp in each room methinks.
    My Majesty made for him a garden anew in order
    to present to him vegetables and all beautiful flowers.- Offerings of Thutmose III to Amon-Ra (1500 BCE)

Diversify & prosper

Comment

• We're having thermostatic radiator valves fitted next week for a similar reason - upstairs gets uncomfortably warm while downstairs still cold as only 2 radiators downstairs (plus 1 in hall which is open to the stairs) & 4 upstairs. Will mean we can whack heating up downstairs & have it v low or off upstairs.
      Another happy Nutter...

Comment

• Oh Hazel How lovely and two
        Granny on the Game in Sheffield

Comment

• Evening folks!

Am combining a baking session with watching Strictly at the mo. This time next week I will be combining a baking session, two kittens and watching Strictly.

The wise amongst you will be putting your hands up for this week's choc chip cookies - next week's offering may not have all the correct ingredients, might be overcooked (or undercooked) and may contain black cat hair.

Personally, I can't wait.

Comment

• Hazel, its a long time since you've made me, I mean us , some cookies. I'm used to furry food so don't worry - I'll enjoy them however hairy
            I'm excited for you and your kittens. You're going to have lots of fun together - and we will

Comment

• Thanks, VC. I promise to share the kitties once they are here - and maybe the cookies too.
              Last edited by Hazel at the Hill; 05-11-2016, 07:57 PM.

Comment

• Good evening Folks, it has been cold but dry today, we thought we would go through to the Clyde Valley today, as I think she wanted to spend some money on me, but all the G.C.s are given over to Christmas decorations, with very little gardening products, although I did get a couple of bag of daffs reduced from £6. odds per bag to £2.0 per bag so if you wait you can pick bulbs up a lot cheaper, you may not get the selection you would have liked, but I can live with that, I was hopping to get some lily bulbs as I want to do some propagating with them, I suppose I will just have to be patient. Well I wish you all a good night and hope the weather is good for you and you are able to get things done, and ....s, patient - endure delays calmly-- know some and one in particular who should try it. Goodnight
                it may be a struggle to reach the top, but once your over the hill your problems start.

Member of the Nutters Club but I think I am just there to make up the numbers

Comment

• Originally posted by Snadger View Post
                  Theoretically, if you have/fit thermmostatic radiator valves you should be able to ajust the temp in each room methinks.
                  Snadge, we have thermostats on all the radiators except the one in the hall where there is an electronic thermostatic switch on the wall which controls the boiler.. The hall gets warm quickly and the switch on the wall cuts the boiler off. Even if the thermostats on the other radiators are set at high, they don't heat up fully because the electronic switch has already tripped the boiler off. My thinking is that if the hall radiator is fitted with a thermostatic valve, it can be turned down thus keeping the temperature there down, The electronic thermostat won'ttrip the boiler off and the other radiators can then heat the other rooms at temperatures controlled by the individual thermostats. Sounds too simple to me which is why I was hoping Potty would come along.

Comment

• Originally posted by rary View Post
                    I see Hazel has picked her cats, both black, now I am trying to remember what you call a woman with a black cat I am sure there is a name by whitch they are called

Pets are great companions, I wish you a lot of fun with them Hazel

Originally posted by rary View Post
                    ...... I suppose I will just have to be patient. Well I wish you all a good night and hope the weather is good for you and you are able to get things done, and ....s, patient - endure delays calmly-- know some and one in particular who should try it. Goodnight
                    It might be me, but it strikes me that Rary is being a very tiny bit cheeky with his remarks (although as a crossword buff I do have to applaud 'whitch' used in that context).

Having no chocolate chips in the cupboard (baaaaaad baker), I have plumped for ginger nuts instead.

There's a funny line about ginger nuts and scotsmen there somewhere, but I can't figure what it might be, so I'll leave it there, I think.

Rary - help yourself, matey....

Attached Files

Comment

• Morning Grapes - still dark out there but no clouds and I can see the stars, so it may be cold but today I need to dig two beds and harvest the rest of my spuds before the rain and heavy frosts come, so that on top of humping all those paving slabs Friday.

I can see my body reminding me later that I'm not 23 anymore which is where my mind thinks my body is until it tells it better.

Hazel those Ginger nuts look yummy
                      Last edited by Cadalot; 06-11-2016, 05:29 AM.
                      sigpic
                      . .......Man Vs Slug
                      Click Here for my Diary and Blog
                      Nutters Club Member

Comment

• Morning All Don't know why I'm awake this early on a Sunday specially as the room service staff is sleeping soundly. Feels cold. Enjoy the day
                        Granny on the Game in Sheffield

Comment

• Morning all
                          Morning MOM
                          Another dry cold Sunny breezy day here. Today I will mostly be reorganising sheds.
                          Have a good day everyone

Comment

• Morning all, those ginger nuts look delicious Hazel
                            Going to try and make some cards today (shopping got in the way the other day)
                            Must be getting colder because I had my furry boots on yesterday.
                            Bonfire night came and went with no problems i.e. Going on all night like the Dwali ones did. Us Brits stick to the rules again.
                            I'm at that point in the calender where I'm dreaming about next years veg growing. Nice isn't it.
                            Have a very lovely Sunday folks
                            Nannys make memories

Comment

• Morning all I'm off out in a bit to a local "first Sunday of the month market" usually has lots of arts and crafts and is usually especially good coming up to Christmas. Going with a couple of friends so we may have lunch too looking forward to this!

Comment

• Mornin n'all n'all

Just finished clearing up after the Bonfire Party last night.
                                Great fun...good mix of peeps

Now got to pack up for the seed and plant swap this afternoon....flipping heck....''tis a busy weekend!
                                Have a lovely day.....see ya later ...
                                Last edited by Nicos; 06-11-2016, 08:31 AM.
                                "Nicos, Queen of Gooooogle" and... GYO's own Miss Marple

Location....Normandy France

Comment

Latest Topics

Collapse

Recent Blog Posts

Collapse
                                Working...
                                X