X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Blimey - get a room

(for baking obviously)
    sigpic
    1574 gin and tonics please Monica, large ones.

Comment

• Seasoned? My very traditional mother frowned upon "mucky" puddings and she had to use the proper YP tin. She would also only use dripping to bake them in. I refuse to discuss size of rise for obvious reasons Baldy
      Granny on the Game in Sheffield

Comment

• Originally posted by Hazel at the Hill View Post
        t might be me, but it strikes me that Rary is being a very tiny bit cheeky with his remarks (although as a crossword buff I do have to applaud 'whitch' used in that context).

Having no chocolate chips in the cupboard (baaaaaad baker), I have plumped for ginger nuts instead.
        There's a funny line about ginger nuts and scotsmen there somewhere, but I can't figure what it might be, so I'll leave it there, I think.

Rary - help yourself, matey....

[ATTACH=CONFIG]69807[/ATTACH]
        Hazel I don't know what you mean in the first part of your post
        The second part, yes "baaaaaad baker" imagine no chocolate chips, tut-tut
        I have never heard anything about ginger nuts and Scotsmen
        and your Ginger Nut biscuits look great, so maybe not such a baaaaaad baker after all.
        I will send you my address so that you can post them to me, that way I can let you know if they are as good as they look
        it may be a struggle to reach the top, but once your over the hill your problems start.

Member of the Nutters Club but I think I am just there to make up the numbers

Comment

• Good evening Folks, again dry but cold today, after church went out and visited a GC. where we had lunch, while there I bought a buddleia bush, (reduced price) as I would like to attract more butterflies back into the garden not sure where I will put it yet, but will find somewhere, once back home I cleaned out my greenhouse fire, and put a fire on, just in for a bite to eat then going back out to pot on some lettuce, and I think I will cover everything with fleece every night from now on. I hope everyone has a good week enjoy the weather what ever you get, and HH, perhaps you should give the children a bath as well Goodnight
          it may be a struggle to reach the top, but once your over the hill your problems start.

Comment

• evening all,hey am back on line thanks to,sons friend,he spent a few hours on it,it's now working even better,
            sigpicAnother nutter ,wife,mother, nan and nanan,love my growing places,seed collection and sharing,also one of these

Comment

• Evenin N'all.
              Just nipping in to say hi...and now some well earned sleep.
              Had a great day...see you all in the morn

Oh and Flo...yorkshire pudding in large baking tin with goose or duck fat, crisp on the outside and soggy in the middle gets my vote
              "Nicos, Queen of Gooooogle" and... GYO's own Miss Marple

Location....Normandy France

Comment

• Morning, sitting reading but now time for bed, had a look outside and its a clear sky not a cloud and the stars look fantastic, so nice to see them, ah well simple things please simple minds, as they say. Goodnight Folks

Comment

• Good Morning Dark and cold with a spattering of rain. Have a good day
                  Granny on the Game in Sheffield

Comment

• Morning - cold today brrrr. Shall be wearing thermal socks - you all wanted to know that didn't you!
                    Another happy Nutter...

Comment

• Morning Girls from a Sunny but Nippy Nestland. Need to get some tidying up done outside so should really wrap up & do it instead of just thinking about it..........have a good one & wrap up well.
                      sigpic“Gorillas are very intelligent, but they don't have to be as delicate as chimps -- they can just smash open the termite nest,”
                      --------------------------------------------------------------------
                      Official Member Of The Nutters Club - Rwanda Branch.
                      -------------------------------------------------------------------
                      Sent from my ZX Spectrum with no predictive text..........
                      -----------------------------------------------------------
                      KOYS - King Of Yellow Stickers..............

Comment

• Morning all
                        Looks like it's going to be another nice but cold one. Hopefully finishing off shed reorganising.
                        Have a good day everyone

Comment

• Morning its icy and cold out but then I remember its November

Originally posted by happyhumph View Post
                          Morning - cold today brrrr. Shall be wearing thermal socks - you all wanted to know that didn't you!
                          I love my thermal socks pity they're to tick to wear with all my shoes.
                          Location....East Midlands.

Comment

• Morning Grapes

Well I've washed off another draining board of spuds that are drying on the draining board ready for bagging up and storage. I shall sort out some for my eldest daughter who we are visiting tonight for an evening meal, not sure how long the five buckets of spuds will be tolerated in the kitchen, when it warms up and the sun comes around I will wash then and leave them on the garden table to dry off before decanting into hessian sacks.
                            sigpic
                            . .......Man Vs Slug
                            Click Here for my Diary and Blog
                            Nutters Club Member

Comment

• Mornin Flon'all
                              Any one fancy a bit of crumble?
                              I slightly overdid the helping size on Saturday!
                              Freezer job me thinks.

I must hunt out my slippers - I prefer bare feet, but I'm going to have to concede to the fact that summer is well and truely gone.

Oh...I forgot to say ...I tweaked those ginger and Parkin recipes you suggested( depended on what ingredients I had).... and left it in the fridge wrapped in cling film ( read that somewhere...it helps it mature)
                              -and it's flipping gorgeous!
                              Sooo pleased with it!,..thank you
                              ( a taste of 'home')
                              Last edited by Nicos; 07-11-2016, 08:28 AM.
                              "Nicos, Queen of Gooooogle" and... GYO's own Miss Marple

Location....Normandy France

Comment

• Morning all...it's freezing this morning. First real frost of the winter. Saw the snow gates were closed at Tomintoul and at Glenshee yesterday, hope the snow stays up there...I love the snow but it's tooooo early!

Been down in Ayrshire for a few days where the house had been invaded by mice so had to clear that up before we did anything else. Lots to catch up on on the Vine but did notice that we have two new members, well done Hazel they look beautiful. Looking forward to more pics!

Ok off to grab a cuppa and have a catch up, have a great day everyone.
                                sigpic

Comment

Latest Topics

Collapse

Recent Blog Posts

Collapse
                                Working...
                                X