Collapse

This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Good evining all. Just home this evening from almost a month in Spain. Wall to wall sunshine while we were there but it broke this morning with lashing rain, so we picked our departure date well. Had a bit of a bumpy landing as it was quite windy when we were coming into Dublin airport. We are both freezing now and sitting here with the heating full on and wearing fleeces over everything.
    Anyway, the minute I got in I went out to survey my garden. I have a jalapino and a cayanne which I decided to put outdoors in a sheltered position on the deck with no real hope of them surviving. The jalapino has plenty of fruits on and three of thrm are completely ripe. The cayanne also has ripe fruits on as well but not looking as healthy as the jalapino. I was so surprised as I know the weather has been so cold. Anyway they are now tucked up in the conservatory.

And when your back stops aching,
    And your hands begin to harden.
    You will find yourself a partner,
    In the glory of the garden.

Rudyard Kipling.sigpic

Comment

• Welcome home, Bramble You chose the right time to go away! Glad your plants are OK !

Comment

• Hope you & Mr B had a wonderful time.
        sigpic“Gorillas are very intelligent, but they don't have to be as delicate as chimps -- they can just smash open the termite nest,”
        --------------------------------------------------------------------
        Official Member Of The Nutters Club - Rwanda Branch.
        -------------------------------------------------------------------
        Sent from my ZX Spectrum with no predictive text..........
        -----------------------------------------------------------
        KOYS - King Of Yellow Stickers..............

Comment

• Originally posted by Florence Fennel View Post
          You know that soft rain I told you about earlier? Well it's been hard ever since!
          Its been like that all day here Flo, had to put my coat on to pick parsley, thyme and a few bay leaves.

Originally posted by bramble View Post
          Good evining all. Just home this evening from almost a month in Spain.
          Welcome back Bramble, glad your plants were OK its always the first thing i check once I get home from holls
          Location....East Midlands.

Comment

• Thanks all for the welcome home. Surprised to see my chillis doing well outdoors.

And when your back stops aching,
            And your hands begin to harden.
            You will find yourself a partner,
            In the glory of the garden.

Rudyard Kipling.sigpic

Comment

• Evening folks! Vile stormy weather today, cleared up just in time for the club run this evening. Tonight's delight was a hill session - and after the Cannock Tough 10k (never has a cross country race been more appropriately named) on Saturday, the ol' legs really felt it.

Must nip across to the Polly and Sam thread and pop a few pics up for those interested in kitties - needless to say, the two of them are an utter delight, and I'm lucky to have them.

Comment

• They're lucky to have you Hazel Good morning All it's still raining. Have a good day
                Granny on the Game in Sheffield

Comment

• Mornin Flon'all!

More piccies of kitties?...yes please Hazel!

Seems strange this morning.....we have been dog minding for the past week and he went back last night....no wagging tail and jumpy , friendly greeting this morning....
                  * must train up OH!
                  No rain here at moment Flo, but we had 'hosepipes on the window' type rain during the night.
                  Yet more sewing again for me today....
                  Last edited by Nicos; 22-11-2016, 05:31 AM.
                  "Nicos, Queen of Gooooogle" and... GYO's own Miss Marple

Location....Normandy France

Comment

• Morning people lots of rain last night but looks to be warmer in the greenhouse today a whole 8 degrees !
                    sigpic
                    . .......Man Vs Slug
                    Click Here for my Diary and Blog
                    Nutters Club Member

Comment

• Morning we've got more rain today bit bored of it.

Originally posted by Hazel at the Hill View Post
                      Evening folks! Vile stormy weather today, cleared up just in time for the club run this evening. Tonight's delight was a hill session - and after the Cannock Tough 10k (never has a cross country race been more appropriately named) on Saturday, the ol' legs really felt it.
                      Hazel we've camped down at Rugeley a few times its a pretty area for walking. so I can imagine how sludgy it must have been over the weekend.
                      Location....East Midlands.

Comment

• Morning all
                        There's quite a strong breeze out there. When it's properly light, I've got to walk round the field and find the gooses feed bucket that's gone walk about.
                        House work and playing in the kitchen I think.
                        Have a good day everyone

Comment

• Morning all.

SP, I have to walk round the garden and find all the dog poop that muttley seems to have taken delight in leaving here now all of a sudden. I think the cold has made him want to be closer to home, he is getting older and less and less happy about going out for longer walks. Anyway, I hope you find your bucket.

Cold today but not frosty. Had a decent sleep last night for a change so I hope today may be a tad more productive than recent days. (Who am I kidding?! )

Have a good one ya'all.

Comment

• Morning all - what's for breakfast? 3-egg omelette with spinach (as usual), although I had porridge yesterday ... oh my goodness ... the carbs!!

Had a call from the post shed company yesterday, having sent them pictures of my shed base, they think we may not have left enough space for the door to open. I resisted telling them of hubster's exquisite attention to detail (OCD) when it comes to measuring etc. It'll fit, I tell them.
                            aka
                            Suzie

Comment

• Morning all from yet another wet Nestland, at least that viscous wind had dropped, the tablets must have worked....................anyways must go down and check on the pond as the liner has started to lift due to water somehow getting underneath it & not draining away..........may have to go pebble collecting to weigh the liner down.............have a good one.
                              sigpic“Gorillas are very intelligent, but they don't have to be as delicate as chimps -- they can just smash open the termite nest,”
                              --------------------------------------------------------------------
                              Official Member Of The Nutters Club - Rwanda Branch.
                              -------------------------------------------------------------------
                              Sent from my ZX Spectrum with no predictive text..........
                              -----------------------------------------------------------
                              KOYS - King Of Yellow Stickers..............

Comment

• Morning all, late on parade today
                                Nothing on my horizon as yet, but housework has to be in there somewhere ......
                                Have a lovely day
                                Nannys make memories

Comment

Latest Topics

Collapse

Recent Blog Posts

Collapse
                                Working...
                                X