Collapse

This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Sorry you're having a trying day Cad. I am trying not to procrastinate too much and get ready for my first ever Thanksgiving dinner, to get me & friends in a festive mood in advance of a Gilmore Girls bonanza on Friday.

The table gets fully laid & decorated tomorrow, as does the flat, and tonight I am making red cabbage, doing the prep for pumpkin flan, making biscuits and waiting for the cocktail supplies to be delivered. If the booze delivery comes before the shops shut, I'm off to see if I can find a turkey.

Meanwhile I've so many candles lit I don't need the heating on...
    http://mudandgluts.com - growing fruit and veg in suburbia

Comment

• good evening, it has been bright sunshine today but only reading +7 on the car thermo. finally got some of the new plaster in the conservatory painted, but decided to leave the rest till daylight as electric light is not the best for painting, I also need to drain down the radiator that in the conservatory and wash it out as it is only the top third that is hot, so hope to get that tomorrow. Well I wish you all a good night I am off to read a book or maybe do a bit of a jigsaw. Goodnight
      it may be a struggle to reach the top, but once your over the hill your problems start.

Member of the Nutters Club but I think I am just there to make up the numbers

Comment

• Originally posted by rary View Post
        I also need to drain down the radiator that in the conservatory and wash it out as it is only the top third that is hot, so hope to get that tomorrow.
        Could you not just bleed the radiator? It would be far less effort.

Originally posted by rary View Post
        ................ or maybe do a bit of a jigsaw. Goodnight
        Yeah - there speaks someone who doesn't have two adolescent cats.

Comment

• Originally posted by rary View Post
          I also need to drain down the radiator that in the conservatory and wash it out as it is only the top third that is hot, so hope to get that tomorrow. Well I wish you all a good night I am off to read a book or maybe do a bit of a jigsaw. Goodnight
          Originally posted by Hazel at the Hill View Post
          Could you not just bleed the radiator? It would be far less effort.
          Ah-ha - ignore me - I just re-read your post, Rary. It's not an air pocket keeping the top third cold - but a load of cr@p keeping the top bottom two thirds cold. Sounds like a load of yuk needs blasting out. Yuk. Yuk yuk.
          Last edited by Hazel at the Hill; 22-11-2016, 11:52 PM.

Comment

• Good Morning FIL is being discharged to a respite nursing home today as there's nothing more the hospital can do for him Trying to keep up the MILs spirit. Have a good day
            Granny on the Game in Sheffield

Comment

• Morning Flo
              Very difficult times for you and your family. Thinking of you.

Comment

• Morning Flo and all I'm sorry to read the sad news about your FIL.

Another busy week not helped when OH started pointing out how few weeks there are left to Christmas. Eeek. Too much to get sorted and not enough time springs to mind.

Diabolical weather this week. Worst I can remember in ages. Every day seems to be rain. Looking forward to seeing some sun again.

Your Thanksgiving dinner sounds like it will be fantastic, Sparrow.
                LOVE growing food to eat in my little town back garden. Winter update: currently growing overwintering onions, carrots, lettuce, chard, salad leaves, kale, cabbage, radish, beetroot, garlic, broccoli raab, some herbs.

Comment

• Morning all
                  It's going to be another nice one by the looks of it, if a little chilly (.......ing cold ! ).
                  Cleaning out birdies, digging holes and ripping things up, so I can cover beds.
                  Have a good day everyone.

Comment

• Morning its dry out and by the looks of it the best day this week so I can finally get around to taking down my bean row.

Flo thinking of you and your family xx
                    Location....East Midlands.

Comment

• Morning all, sad news Flo, thinking of you gal
                      Not a lot going on here today due to continuing decorating. A trip to QB for paint is the highlight of today. Might have a look at wallpaper.
                      Took the stair carpet up yesterday and the cause of our creaky stairs was revealed - splits in the risers. Arghh - another thing to worry about, hubby won't have a clue what to do about that. Google may be our friend.
                      Hope you all have a great day, wet or dry
                      Nannys make memories

Comment

• Morning Ladies from a cold but at least calm Nestland. Not sure what's in store today, I'm sure I'll think of sommat. Have a good day.............thinking of you Flo.
                        sigpic“Gorillas are very intelligent, but they don't have to be as delicate as chimps -- they can just smash open the termite nest,”
                        --------------------------------------------------------------------
                        Official Member Of The Nutters Club - Rwanda Branch.
                        -------------------------------------------------------------------
                        Sent from my ZX Spectrum with no predictive text..........
                        -----------------------------------------------------------
                        KOYS - King Of Yellow Stickers..............

Comment

• Mornin n'alln'all !
                          Just bobbing in to say how do..will catch up later...
                          "Nicos, Queen of Gooooogle" and... GYO's own Miss Marple

Location....Normandy France

Comment

• GOOD MORNING ALL,more rain again here,we are on higher ground,but they have had it flood not far from us,sorry to hear about your FIL Flo best wishes to you all,thinking of you,good luck with the painting and decor NS & rary,bet the black sludge in that rad stinks eeeeuuuukk.
                            Went to change the cotton for nylon thread in the machine,in all the years i have been using one even in the factory ,have never ever seen this,i had a real job getting the shuttle case out,then the shuttle was left tight in,on investigation,the cotton that was on the shuttle had wound it's self around part off the outer caseing causing the thread to build up a barrier holding it in place,any how,it was all cut out,cleaned,more oil in the sump,and can now use it again,i am machining big hems,of a fashion,around plastic woven ground cover,so that will be something to do today,forgot to say it is an industrial one,have a good day all.
                            sigpicAnother nutter ,wife,mother, nan and nanan,love my growing places,seed collection and sharing,also one of these

Comment

• Morning all it's a beautiful frosty morning out. Sun is shining and everything is white with frost, just the type of day I love! Not sure what's happening today but hope you all have a great day.
                              Thinking of you and your family Flo.
                              sigpic

Comment

• Morning all, dank, grey weather here but I'm off out to collect leaves for decorating the flat tomorrow night - the Lakeland airer to be put to good use drying them all out. I am so excited about this! Then tomorrow is for printing stuff for our Friday Gilmore fest. And making sloe gin.

Really sorry about your FIL Flo, that's very tough.
                                http://mudandgluts.com - growing fruit and veg in suburbia

Comment

Latest Topics

Collapse

Recent Blog Posts

Collapse
                                Working...
                                X